Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Knights of the Chalice 2 Released

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
As I said, the scammers ruined it for everyone else. Something similar happened on Amazon with self-published books, where scammers would abuse the very generous systems and consequently Amazon introduced various restrictions that are also a pain in the ass for legit authors, but what can you do.

Scammers gonna scam.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Some guy posted one-star review on GOG and claims that Pierre stole his resources and scripts from the free game on itch.io.
https://fishdog-games.itch.io/soul-of-war
That's what we're discussing above. The ellis studio dude is well known on the Codex for making assflips.

Pierre has just used some of the same commercial ass packs as him.
29O19zo.gif

KBn7yl8.gif

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Got some more steam reviews now. IIRC, around 10 weighted reviews, the game will get a % and start showing up in the store with more visibility. Steam is pretty opaque with their process though. Lack of a launch discount probably reduces visibility.

Not sure what Pierre's stance on discounts are, but they help a lot. Even 10% off will do wonders.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Got some more steam reviews now. IIRC, around 10 weighted reviews, the game will get a % and start showing up in the store with more visibility. Steam is pretty opaque with their process though. Lack of a launch discount probably reduces visibility.

Not sure what Pierre's stance on discounts are, but they help a lot. Even 10% off will do wonders.

His reply to my "please lower the fucking price dear god" email:

Thank you for the feedback Frank! :) Can’t change the prices now, but there will be sales in the future, as usual for Steam/GOG. Cheers! Best regards,

agris

Arcane
Patron
Classic “you can lead a horse to water…” response.

Sacibengala

Prophet

Thank you for the feedback Frank! :) Can’t change the prices now, but there will be sales in the future, as usual for Steam/GOG. Cheers! Best regards,
Thanks for trying, anyway.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, I think he's right. You can't launch with a price and then immediately lower it without pissing a lot of people off. Even lowering it later tends to rustle people's jimmies for whatever reason.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Well, I think he's right. You can't launch with a price and then immediately lower it without pissing a lot of people off. Even lowering it later tends to rustle people's jimmies for whatever reason.

Yeah the price is what it is, too late to change now. I don't think that's entirely a bad thing but we'll see.

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
So there's only one Steam Purchaser review and it's negative.

And it's the only review that Steam's algorithm really cares about. Well... that sucks.

:hmmm:

Hopefully codexer reviews will get indexed at some point. Problem is we all got the game by key, and Steam seems to treat that differently.

Yeah key-activated copies aren't counted into the Negative-Positive percentage calculation. This is done because scammers have abused the system by giving keys to review groups who'd give positive "It's good" reviews in exchange for a free key.
The scammers have ruined it for everyone else, as usual.
The thing about pricing it lower from the outset is that if you can get more copies sold and thus reviews early on you can get a decent rating showing early on.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
So there's only one Steam Purchaser review and it's negative.

And it's the only review that Steam's algorithm really cares about. Well... that sucks.

:hmmm:

Hopefully codexer reviews will get indexed at some point. Problem is we all got the game by key, and Steam seems to treat that differently.

Yeah key-activated copies aren't counted into the Negative-Positive percentage calculation. This is done because scammers have abused the system by giving keys to review groups who'd give positive "It's good" reviews in exchange for a free key.
The scammers have ruined it for everyone else, as usual.
The thing about pricing it lower from the outset is that if you can get more copies sold and thus reviews early on you can get a decent rating showing early on.

It's why early access is so insidious. You can get beta testers in for either your retail price or a slight discount, everyone reviews it more positively than they might otherwise and then when you're ready to launch (which could be never with the way these things have been going), you can bump the price if you feel like it and people won't complain since they could've gotten it cheaper and given you feedback on your broken shit.

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron

Not to mention it being $26 AUD or about $17 Euro extra for the manual and module editor.

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
At least you have character models now instead of tokens!
I haven't played yet but some of my reservations have been mitigated
that said I wont buy it without pirating it first to make sure I want to contribute 50 bucks on a codex game.

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
I backed the game and payed 80$ to download the game from his website.
I used all 20 downloads becuase fucking updates.
And now he makes a update with better everything and I payed for shit.
May the game rott in hell.
:killitwithfire:

Sin2x

Scholar
So i backed it on KS, i sure as hell didnt spend all of the downloads from his website. Shouldn't i get a steam/gog key?

You should read KS updates: "After the release, I will take care of the KotC 2 Steam and GOG keys that should be sent to Kickstarter backers depending on each person's pledge. I'll post a Kickstarter update once that's done."

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
So i backed it on KS, i sure as hell didnt spend all of the downloads from his website. Shouldn't i get a steam/gog key?

You should read KS updates: "After the release, I will take care of the KotC 2 Steam and GOG keys that should be sent to Kickstarter backers depending on each person's pledge. I'll post a Kickstarter update once that's done."

Good point m8. Just checked and my backer tier is too low :)
Oh well, ill play the website one and buy the full trilogy definitive Root edition when it comes out :)

Sin2x

Scholar
Good point m8. Just checked and my backer tier is too low :)
Oh well, ill play the website one and buy the full trilogy definitive Root edition when it comes out :)

Drop Pierre a line, maybe you can pay the difference between your tier's contribution and the full version's price.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
40 Euro for Pierre's latest experiment is not what I'd call a bargain. I'll wait for a deeeeeep sale in the future. Not to mention more modules. Augury of Chaos is waaay too high level for my tastes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom