Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingsvein - new tactical RPG from Rad Codex set in subterranean world

Jinn

Arcane

Our good friend Eldiran has just released his official title and steam page for his next game!

I know there are many fans of his sprinkled throughout the community, so I figured I'd start a new thread about it. Sounds like he's going back to his Voidspire Tactics roots and focusing on an tactical RPG adventure with tight, metroidvania-esque, interconnected exploration. With all the experience he's gained over the years, I'm sure we have something to very much so look forward to.

Last edited by a moderator:

TwoEdge

Scholar
Seems interesting, but I'm not familiar with the dev. Following that link I see I have one of their games wishlisted and I know I've heard of Voidspire Tactics, but have no context whatsoever. Can anyone sell me on their games? I'm curious.

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
Horizon's Gate didn't click with me for some reason but this seems to be closer to Voidspire and Alvora which I enjoyed immensely. Wishlisted.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Couldn't get into Horizon's Gate but Voidspire was great.

I will keep an eye on this.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Seems interesting, but I'm not familiar with the dev. Following that link I see I have one of their games wishlisted and I know I've heard of Voidspire Tactics, but have no context whatsoever. Can anyone sell me on their games? I'm curious.
Voidspire Tactics features full party creation and fully handcrafted content and mixes free exploration, tactical combat and interactive environment (you get to use mundane tools and spells to unlock locked or secret area, a lot) and excels in all those area. The other games differ a bit but this new one is meant to be kind of the same, which is great.

WhiteShark

Learned
This is excellent news! I lost more than one night of sleep playing Voidspire Tactics, so I'm eager for another in the same style. In the meantime I should replay Alvora on the highest difficulty and finally get around to Horizon's Gate too if he's done updating it.

Eldiran

Rad Codex
Developer
Hey, thanks for posting this! Kingsvein will very much be a Voidspire-style adventure. It's still a ways off yet, but I'll definitely get it out sometime in 2023. Hit me with questions if you have any!

Tolias

Educated
Hey, thanks for posting this! Kingsvein will very much be a Voidspire-style adventure. It's still a ways off yet, but I'll definitely get it out sometime in 2023. Hit me with questions if you have any!
Any news on the release date? 2023 is rapidly ending!

Eldiran

Rad Codex
Developer
It's a narrow window, but I'm still shooting for 2023! I'm not above delaying if I end up needing to.

It might be an early December release. I'll at least have the advantage of not competing with any big names for attention. I suspect the drawbacks of December releases matter more to big games than indies, but I guess we'll find out!

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's a narrow window, but I'm still shooting for 2023! I'm not above delaying if I end up needing to.

It might be an early December release. I'll at least have the advantage of not competing with any big names for attention. I suspect the drawbacks of December releases matter more to big games than indies, but I guess we'll find out!
Maybe send out preview to youtube like mortismal or splatter cat? There's barely any coverage and i kept pestering mort on his youtube comments to check your games out

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Horizon's Gate is probably the last game I spent more than 15 bucks on and Kingsvein will probably be the next.

Tolias

Educated
Yeah what the dude said. Sent an early release to youtubers/twichbros.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not an exoert, but you have Steam winter sale coming up, and you also have Rogue Trader coming out on December 7.

Jinn

Arcane
Yeah, as much as I want to get my hands on this asap, delaying into 2024 might be the wise move here if it's feasible. Also a little more exposure and just general information about it would be good. YouTubers are sadly one of the best avenues for this these days. That doofus Splattercat and Mortismal in particular.

Eldiran

Rad Codex
Developer
You guys make good points. I could also use extra time to fix up some bugs (the final boss in particular has been a buggy pain), so I'm delaying it til January 16.

I'll be sending a copy to Splattercat, haven't looked much into Mortismal. Looks like they only do 3D games?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You guys make good points. I could also use extra time to fix up some bugs (the final boss in particular has been a buggy pain), so I'm delaying it til January 16.

I'll be sending a copy to Splattercat, haven't looked much into Mortismal. Looks like they only do 3D games?
He did Sea of Stars.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

He did underrail, sea of stars, chained echoes, etc. This year was pretty packed so i can kidna understand, despite me nagging him every other video too

Eldiran

Rad Codex
Developer
Ah, gotcha. Those are all pretty big indie darlings, but I suppose it's still worth a shot to send him a copy.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Rad Codex is one of the few devs that are an automatic D1P for me.

Best of luck with the release!

Eldiran

Rad Codex
Developer
Thanks!

I'll check out Wolfheart as well.

New trailer and new key art!

It's only 2 weeks until release - gettin close! If anyone wants to do a review for RPGCodex, hit me up and I'll send a key over.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom