Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

King's Bounty crash to desktop

Repressed Homosexual
I'm trying to clear some of my backlog and going through my old King's Bounty save. I'm now nearly done with the undead isle whatever is name is, which is before the last one. I want to go back to the Island of Freedom to complete a few unfinished sidequests, but every time I take the boat from the pirate to sail there it crashes to desktop. As anyone come across this problem?

I'm finding the end game to be really hard, and I'm on normal. Most of the game on that difficulty was pretty easy, but now I'm running out of killable enemies to level up, and constantly running out of money. There are still a lot of very powerful monsters on the undead isle, including many groups of black dragons and the main antagonist of that place, and nearly my whole army is wiped when I try to tackle them.

Repressed Homosexual
I finished it. The final boss couldn't resist my 4 Armageddon spells.

Was never able to go back to the western Island of Freedom, but fortunately I had very few sidequests there. The rest of the game wasn't that hard, though I maintain it's still very difficult to keep your troops replenished. I will play Crossworlds eventually but will play on normal as well due to this. I was careful to start with the expansion at the bottom because I know that's where all the improvements are and you can't switch back in-game.

Same thing but with a few improvements and slightly better graphics. These graphics really hold up extremely well. The only thing I'm not sure about is the baby dragon mecanic, it looks sorta annoying, and the animation isn't very fast even with the highest battle animation setting.

whatevername

Arcane
I'm finding the end game to be really hard, and I'm on normal. Most of the game on that difficulty was pretty easy, but now I'm running out of killable enemies to level up, and constantly running out of money. There are still a lot of very powerful monsters on the undead isle, including many groups of black dragons and the main antagonist of that place, and nearly my whole army is wiped when I try to tackle them.

The rest of the game wasn't that hard, though I maintain it's still very difficult to keep your troops replenished.
You can play it without ever buying troops. There are ways to have the same amount of troops remaining after each fight as you had before the fight. I only played it on impossible so maybe on easier "difficulties" you could do it without equipping items, not using spells lol, not learning skills rofl, etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom