Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us in 2024

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Hussite Wars would be cool, but it doesn't really work with the timeline of direct sequel. I guess it depends which direction they're trying to take with the story. Keep the main quest personal, or get the heroes involved in some bigger war, in which case the only thing that kinda fits the timeline is batle of Grunwald.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
It should be direct sequel - ending of the first one implies that. But they could broaden the scope and treat freeing Wenceslaus only as a first chapter or so. Then they could move properly into further timeline (Battle of Tenneberg/Grunwald that was teased long time before first game was released as far as I remember, then proper Hussite war period).

I am not saying they will do that, but they should increase the scope in my opinion (even if they need to abandon one open-world map for two or three separated, aka Witcher 3).

Maybe they plan to expand and cover the whole timeline until Hussite Wars are resolved in trilogy (e.g., the sequel taking time until Hussite Wars starts followed by the final third game that will conclude it).

That would be awesome!

EDIT!!!!

Also, in my opinion, they should introduce Jan Zizka as a main NPC, because of his pivotal role in this period. Maybe some character from KC:D can fit this role?

I am sure it was beaten in this thread many times - please correct me if I am on completely wrong track :lol:, but maybe Hans (Jan) Capon ("Birdie") can turn into Hans (Jan) Zizka ("One-eyed")?

Last edited:

uajii

Literate
I am sure it was beaten in this thread many times - please correct me if I am on completely wrong track :lol:, but maybe Hans (Jan) Capon ("Birdie") can turn into Hans (Jan) Zizka ("One-eyed")?

You are completely wrong. Hans Capon (Jan Ptáček of Pirkstein) is a real historical character, who died in 1419. His son Hynce was then a major player during the Hussite Wars. Also, Žižka was about 20 years older.

However, the whole trilogy was originally clearly designed to conclude in the Hussite Wars. Henry is having a grudge against Sigismund, who killed his parents. The Jan Sokol of Lamberg character, who's included in the game's codex, even though he's not present in the first game at all, was a good friend of Radzig Kobyla. In 1403 he sided with Jobst of Luxembourg, who switched sides and planned the rescue of Wencelsas, as we learned at the end of the first game. It would make perfect sense to have Henry serve under him.

In 1409 he, together with Jan Žižka, led a guerilla war against the Rosenbergs. In 1410 they fought at Grunwald and Sokol died not long after that. We know Henry was written to be at Grunwald in the prologue, but it was cut out from the first game. If Henry served with Žižka in 1410, of course he would then side with him in the Hussite Wars 10 years later, especially after the Catholics killed his father.

The only problem is how to put all of this in two games. I guess they could start the prologue of the second game in 1403, then do a time jump to 1410 and have the third game set around 1420. Or maybe they changed their plans and will do something completely different.

SlamDunk

Arcane

GLNZ3PXWMAAOEYf

New image source: https://twitter.com/WarhorseStudios/status/1779871914766344638

EDIT: Yeah, both images seem to be taken from the footage shot in Kuttenberg a few months back.

Kutn%C3%A1_Hora%2C_Vnit%C5%99n%C3%AD_M%C4%9Bsto%2C_Chr%C3%A1m_sv._Barbory%2C_S_detail_01.jpg

Last edited:
Playing KCD right now and really into it despite some of the jank. Can't wait to see what this is. Also hope the historical fact-checkers are ready to pounce for some sweet, sweet new pre-release drama queening.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
13 whole minutes and 49 holy seconds...Wow! Whatever it is, it won't be Elder Scrolls 6 teaser. More like vlog from WarHorse as studio. After all, we haven't heard from them for a long time

Deus Vult energy is building up
deusvult.png

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I'm hoping for some actual gameplay footage, but more than likely we will just get a cinematic trailer or something like that.
I loathe trailers, but even so this is better than nothing, I guess...

Percy

Cipher
Would prefer a blank slate with someway of importing your Henry into the game as a NPC later on to do a few quests with/for.

Definitely do not want amnesia or some other gay mechanic to reset skills or have a completely different "build" than used in the first game resuming the game as Henry, which is why I'm hoping it's a new character.

Looking forward to the release trailer.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It's going to be 10 minutes of dev faces telling how KCD was great
2 minutes of them telling their hopes for the sequel
1 minute of live footage of the motion capture sets
and around 15 seconds of gameplay.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm not sure how enthralling KCD2 would be if it's a continuation with Henry destroyer of worlds being great at everything from the start.
Yep, my worry too.

Not only that, it's very hard for me to give a shit about who gets Henry's sword or what happens to Toth. For me KCD is like TW3 in one respect - the main plot was...fine but the real strength was in the characters and worldbuilding and writing.

I'd love for them to come up with a new hero (or heroes) and setting, preferably from 20 years later, during the Hussite uprising, but I guess that's not happening. Because we simply HAVE to learn about the world-shattering fate of Henry's stupid sword.

thesecret1

Arcane
You will get the sword and you will like it! You'll probably pawn it off 10 minutes later for 50 groschen because it'll have worse stats than what you already have, but that's fine because by then its tale will have concluded.

Sotomonte

Learned
I hope that this time they are respectful of all those people who asked that in a historical game that took place in medieval Bohemia there would be more people of African descent... I, for example, would have Henry enlist in one of the Iberian crusades, so in the game there would be a large number of people from Africa and the Middle East to kil... I mean, to interact with.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Also, in my opinion, they should introduce Jan Zizka as a main NPC
Wasn't he at Tannenberg/Grunwald in 1410?
That was my point. This battle could be featured in KC:D2 and Jan Zizka could be emerging as important NPC. The story could still be pre-hussite war period, but leading to it.

Then, in hypothetical KC:D3 - Zizka is main NPC and the whole story is about Hussite War period, concluding in some important and compelling finale (I am pretty sure many can be selected from this crazy period), while Henry is some old bitter fart recounting the past :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom