Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us in 2024

SlamDunk

Arcane
Preview of what Trosky Castle might look like in the sequel:

DiUOSKRWsAY4FK5

I could live with the game being a direct sequel as well as a new story (in the same scenario). Of course, there are still some unanswered questions from part 1 and Henry still has unfinished business, but on the other hand he is already a successful fighter and socially respected by the end of part 1. That's why having him as the main character again would take away a lot of the charm of the slow ascent. In my opinion, KCD was also characterised by being a complete loser at the beginning who could barely lift his sword. That sense of progression would be gone in part 2 when we play Henry again. On the other hand, it could be exciting if his story is told to its conclusion in a larger city, when he suddenly has to assert himself politically as well. So there are many possibilities and I trust Warhorse not to mess it up.

I just hope they stay true to their mechanical virtues and don't simplify the game. All the details like having to eat and sleep were important to the experience. And hopefully there won't be too much of a leap in time or technology.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
That's what I thought about as well.
Henry is already a knight and well off by the end of KCD.
What will the theoretical start of KCD 2 look like?
How about creating your own character instead?

thesecret1

Arcane
Making a character is not an option. Both because Henry has too much stuff to do in the sequel (sword, bad guy, vengeance, mission for Radzig), and because a custom character would require custom voice acting, cinematics, etc. (and Vávra isn't ever gonna give those up. He's the Czech Kojima and likes to have games "cinematic"). More likely, they'll just find some manner of an excuse for why Henry suddenly sucks at swordplay again. It'll most likely be connected to some manner of a time skip, becase it needs to be there – Jan Hus gets burned at the stake 12 years after the torching of Skalitz, and it takes 4 more years after that for Hussite Wars to start. Even if Warhorse decided to save Hussite wars for KCD 3, there's no way there wouldn't at the very least be death of Jan Hus in this game, meaning the plot needs to travel 12 years forward at some point.

Making a character is not an option. Both because Henry has too much stuff to do in the sequel (sword, bad guy, vengeance, mission for Radzig), and because a custom character would require custom voice acting, cinematics, etc. (and Vávra isn't ever gonna give those up. He's the Czech Kojima and likes to have games "cinematic"). More likely, they'll just find some manner of an excuse for why Henry suddenly sucks at swordplay again. It'll most likely be connected to some manner of a time skip, becase it needs to be there – Jan Hus gets burned at the stake 12 years after the torching of Skalitz, and it takes 4 more years after that for Hussite Wars to start. Even if Warhorse decided to save Hussite wars for KCD 3, there's no way there wouldn't at the very least be death of Jan Hus in this game, meaning the plot needs to travel 12 years forward at some point.
I wasn't aware of the Hussite wars stuff. This could definitely be sth. they'll include in the storyline and it makes a time skip more possible for me.

Regarding the main character stuff: Maybe Henry will be in the game but not as the playable character...? Or he'll be the prologue character and after the time skip we play a new inexperienced guy that accompanies older NPC Henry. This would give Warhorse the opportunity to tell Henrys story an end while still offering a sense of character progression for the players.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Upon further inspection, that teaser image is definitely not in-game. The horse mane gave it away. There's no way any a game will have hair rendering that sophisticated. Not yet, anyway.

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
Upon further inspection, that teaer image is definitely not in-game. The horse mane gave it away. There's no way any a game will have hair rendering that sophisticated. Not yet, anyway.
Could be some sort of cinematic? It would be disappointing if this turns out to be an image of developers LARPing around.

By the way, April 18th is the day of the midnight ride of Paul Revere in 1775... Since it is "New Game Reveal" and has this coat, it may be a completely different game, not Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2. Just saying.

deama

Prophet
Guys, what if they, you know, continue where left off? Without having some sort of plan to demote Henry or play as some other character?
You were strong in end of KCD, but you couldn't really go up against 10+ at the same time along with archers.
They could just polish it up a bit, remove obvious crazy shit like the master strike or change it to something else, and properly continue the story.
The progression could be instead of purely Henry, maybe you command a squad/camp now, so it'd be a progression of your squad/camp.

Hopefully they'll think outside the box instead of doing retarded shit like reset Henry, or play some other character.
I've already done 0 to hero in hundreds of games, there's KCD where you go 0 to hero, why do we need it again? It's a waste of time.

Vulpes

Scholar
According to first old leak from last year, by actors agency from Britain, character John of Liechtenstein is in this new game. He was in first Kingdom Come so this is probably some sort of direct sequel
Kingdom-Come-2-Leak--824x1200.jpg

Second leak is that filming crews were caught in Kuttenberg, second biggest after Prague city from that time that got rich from silver mining and was important for Hussite Wars, and talk on the set was that it is indeed for Kingdom Come 2

Who knows, who knows...
We'll know in less then a week. Interesting times!
KCD 2 will not feature the Hussite Wars. If John of Liechtenstein is returning, then the plot will certainly revolve around freeing Wenceslaus (which was already teased in a post-credits dialogue scene at the castle in Rattay). Kuttenberg played a major role in that and it's where him and his supporters escaped to.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
The question, if the game will be a direct sequel of KCD, why it took them so fucking long to came with this game? Assets = reused, engine already in place with most features covered for sequel, hopefully that six years didnt went to waste or like vavra was procrastinating for 5 years only to work on this game last year.

Paul_cz

Arcane
So much speculation, lmao. Meanwhile Smejki implied here on codex years ago that new game is a direct sequel. Of course, that could have changed, but it is..unlikely

Harthwain

Magister
So much speculation, lmao. Meanwhile Smejki implied here on codex years ago that new game is a direct sequel. Of course, that could have changed, but it is..unlikely
I don't know. The picture simply doesn't look medieval to me.

vota DC

Augur
But the guy that killed Henry's adoptive father Is already dead, he wasn't just killed by him. Maybe Henry will figure it.
How do you figure that?
Nobody cares about the forsaken villages of kcd1, being in a bigger town means more chance to find someone that knows if the general that aided the invasion Is dead, more merchants also.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I don't know. The picture simply doesn't look medieval to me.
Pretty sure that picture is from some live action trailer they shot in Kutná Hora or something and they used it intentionally to troll (provoke extra speculation)

Larianshill

Arbiter
Nobody cares about the forsaken villages of kcd1, being in a bigger town means more chance to find someone that knows if the general that aided the invasion Is dead, more merchants also.
What I mean is, why do you think he's dead? Historically speaking, he should have been dead before KCD1 even started.

ADL

Prophet
I'm not sure how enthralling KCD2 would be if it's a continuation with Henry destroyer of worlds being great at everything from the start. Half the fun of the original was going from literal rags to riches, struggling to survive in the wilderness and becoming deadly with your weapon of choice, even making him literate. If Henry is playable in any capacity, I hope the prologue focuses on him, wraps it up fairly quickly and then we shift to another protagonist who is loveable and shitty at everything again. I would miss him very much but Vavra is too respectable as a writer to give him some bullshit excuse like amnesia for sucking at everything again.

RegionalHobo

Scholar
i have high expectations about this game, i think they learned quite a lot about what worked and what did not in combat/combat progression. everything else was top tier

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Henry can finish up his quests on his own you don't need to play him. He could become a character you learn about and see the end of his quests that way.

Vulpes

Scholar
I would miss him very much but Vavra is too respectable as a writer to give him some bullshit excuse like amnesia for sucking at everything again.
Mark my words, their excuse will be that Henry (along with Hans) was captured at Trosky Castle by Bergow during or prior to the prologue, where he was then starved and tortured for months

Paul_cz

Arcane
Mark my words, their excuse will be that Henry (along with Hans) was captured at Trosky Castle by Bergow during or prior to the prologue, where he was then starved and tortured for months
Yeah Henry being imprisoned for some time is my guess too, but we'll see.

thesecret1

Arcane
Yeah Henry being imprisoned for some time is my guess too, but we'll see.
It'd give Henry another dude to seek vengeance against, too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom