Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I was thinking of the 2060. There's like, an handful of gaymes i'd like to be able to play at max. Elex, Twitcher 3 (maybe, couldn't get past the intro with the wombyn, the writing was way too Hollywood for my tastes. To this day that's as far as i've gotten with this game), Kingdom Come, and Assetto Corsa. There may be more but that's all i can come up with now. Star Citizen would have been a consideration if it wasn't so obviously vaporware.
If we are talking about 1080p Witcher 3, and not 4K, you are completely fine with a GTX 780.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
What games would this be? Seriously, how many games per year are being published that utilize the highest of high end GPU? I couldn't name more than two games which have utilized my 4 and a half years old GTX780 since I bought it in 2013. I simply don't play many, if any, shitty games with flashy graphics.

non-popamole games, simulations etc

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Hey Smejki - something I can't believe has never been asked. The game's title - Kingdom Come! Deliverance! It's pretty biblical. Does the game have any religious themes/motifs or did you just think it sounds cool?
The game is not centered around religious themes but they certainly are an integral part of the overall atmosphere. The name was decided upon before I joined the company.
Personally I am not a fan of the Deliverance subtitle but when it comes to KC there are many facts in its favor.
- It goes pretty well in hand with the fact that at this age people were expecting the Judgement Day to come soon
- Kingdom Come is a well understood phrase
- Kingdom Come sounds good
- And after all there are many things related to Christianity which are typical for this era and which formed the society and events presented in the game
Paradoxically the game is made by atheists (not aware of a single religiuous person on the team) in the most atheist country in the world :D

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Where tf is my preload

Should be up today.

The paper map:

KnA4Rs4.jpg

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
moon knight said:
So they sound like normal germans Czechs?

Fixed that for you.

What they want

What they get

Also

Heino FTFW :salute:

Czech comparison

In a nutshell the German sings of fucking a Khazach prostitute in a dirty tent in Siberia, the Czech faggot sings about the "little Bee Maya".

Smejki

Developer
Day 1 patch is as big as the game itself?
Cryengine. Fix one texture and you have to download the whole data.pak again.
We didn't realize it soon enough to update the technology. Although we made some improvements to this system.
Was not relying on a quest compass ever a design goal of KCD? I
It was, but we didn't succeed 100% in that. And sometimes a marker was by far the the most convenient solution in terms of both development costs and gameplay experience.

Smejki

Developer
Beware Smejki, because if you go further down that road, you might actually try to sell us the idea, that the FPS counter in the 20s (that were seen on the screenshots) is actually beneficial for the player, as we'll get more cinematic experience that way.
Movies are traditionally shot in 24fps and nobody ever complained!

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Cryengine. Fix one texture and you have to download the whole data.pak again.

It really doesn't support Steam's delta patching? Knowing this, why not just split the files into smaller archives, then?

Elex

Arbiter
- And after all there are many things related to Christianity which are typical for this era and which formed the society and events presented in the game
Paradoxically the game is made by atheists (not aware of a single religiuous person on the team) in the most atheist country in the world :D
so it’s basically a fantasy game!

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just got the dvd box. Basic version. I guess there are no real use for the DVDs since the YUGE patch. Not like I can hike into the woods and install the game on a lap-top and play now :) But the soundtrack is really nice. Listening to it now.

Smejki

Developer
so the game is not complete at all?

What. Ofc it is complete, otherwise it wouldn't be certified for konsoles. The patch just replaces the original files, due to the way Cryengine works (apparently if you make even a slightest change in the code you have to replace its entire 2GB parent packet).
they litterally write that their team is small and after the console certification they had to fix/rebalance ton of stuff.

so instead on working on post release content and add new stuff the team was forced to work on a day one patch for fix stuff.
Binaries are about 600MB, script and game data is about 50MB + 200MB. That's where you find fixes to balance, gameplay bugs, and tech.
Worst impact in terms of patch size are any changes to sounds, video and textures.

Mortmal

Arcane
Forget that! Where is my Steam backer key!
There's no such thing about sending the backer keys in mail , nor even sending a warning that you have to go to their site and link your steam account , then it auto activate on Steam. Of course there's still no preload option cause nothing beats downloading 23 Go at release using a rural french connection.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Anyone who expected console version to look like the trailers is just fooling himself....... if the PC ULTRA does not look like the trailers, then we can start firing up the torches.
You know, properly written games can be used to create video at EXTREME high settings with realistic shadows and raytracing, at 1 FPS. It's not playable speed but, it can run overnight. Result is awesome. But, that doesn't mean on average systems it looks SIGNIFICANTLY worse.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm watching the "Kingdom Come: Deliverance PS4 Gameplay" video. The animation with one hand under the other one's elbow and gesticulating with the upwards-pointing hand, the "considering" gesture, is way overused. I've developed a habit watching for reused gestures from playing Witcher 3. :)

BTW, from the comments, the author says: "Its on base ps4".

Dexter

Arcane
They posted on Steam discussion page that it will Release 9 am CET... May or may not be a preload happening.
Steam usually releases shit at 19:00 in whatever region, don't believe you can play it tomorrow @ 9. It's more likely 29 hours if you're in Western Europe.

German voiceovers.. they are shit
wowlmj2g.png

Forget that! Where is my Steam backer key!
https://www.kingdomcomerpg.com/en/backer-rewards

AwesomeButton

Patron
Further comparing with the Witcher 3, I see there is no feature for the NPCs to make remarks as you pass them by. This was eventually getting repetitive, but in retrospect, it was adding to the feeling of a town being inhabited by people as opposed to white walkers. Or maybe just the player in this stream hasn't accumulated enough reputation to provoke reactions? Even so, they could have been dropping lines about the weather, the harvest, the Cumans, etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom