Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

SlamDunk

Arcane
https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/warhorse-studios-weekly-torch/29593/142

Petr Maláč said:
I’m currently working on the day-one patch, which means I’m fixing bug on quests. I worked on a lot of quests so I have lot of bugs in them.
Wondering how large the day-one patch will be...

- - -

New video update coming soon: https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/next-video-update-for-backers/34683/4

Paul_cz

Arcane
That gamestar writeup is interesting as fuck. No doubt the game will be clunky and probably a bit buggy, but the quest design and world design seem to be exactly what I want out of 3D RPG game.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
A bit concerned with the lackluster story, as they describe it. A game like that, without any giant dragons, magic fireworks and bizarre creatures, has only a few tools to capture your attention and the story is the most crucial one. If that doesn't work it can all fall apart (in the sense "Yes I can investigate, infiltrate and destroy that bandit camp five different ways and my choices can have ten different consequences but why would I do that if I don't care about the characters and plot").

Well as the authors said, they barely scratched the story and Vavra says it's a familiar, almost generic start to ease you into the game. Let's reserve our judgement.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Most realistic depiction of land in a video game so far..... makes witcher 3 look like game for little kids in comparison

but i wonder how the combat will be..... looks pretty action oriented and not rpg.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The quests could become one of the biggest strengths of the game, as the developers are clearly trying to respond to all possible actions of the players. For example, in a quest we go undercover into a monastery to bring a criminal around the corner. However, we do not know what that looks like.

As a supposed Benedictine novice you actually have to reenact the strict daily routine of the monks, so get up at 4 o'clock in the morning , sing, eat in silence, pray, work. And to find out as much as possible about the disguised gangster in the little spare time. This quest alone takes several hours and has many possible paths.

For example, you can trust the wrong person and get poisoned on the first evening .Fortunately, Henry does not die and may even agree to flee the convent with the gangster. Let's just lie to the client while the criminal flees. Or Henry just stabs him after their escape together.

We can also be thrown out of the monastery and fail - but even then there is still the possibility to run with the drawn sword into the dormitory and stab off the guy. You just have to come out alive again.

Sounds cool, I like when the time of the day has a meaning in a game.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
That quest description sounds nothing short of fantastic. I've been wanting to see that kind of stuff for ages, even though they might be biting on more than they can chew.

I'm not at all worried about the supposedly generic or slow-paced story, at least based on just a few hours of gameplay. Very few open-world RPGs get the story right, often having too fast a pace and offering too little player freedom, and KCD at least seems to be trying to alter that formula. Also, Vávra made Mafia.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
but i wonder how the combat will be..... looks pretty action oriented and not rpg.

This is coming from the person with the
bethestard.png
tag; apparently irony is fashionable these days.

Aside from that, I don't have much to say, but what I read shows a strict adherence to the design principles of quality RPGs that is one ingredient in a potentially excellent game.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Soundtrack is over 5 hours long and comes with symphonic and medieval pieces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhr1ulxd_og&lc=UgznNrJS_OdBw4hXYoR4AaABAg.8_ut-SQFIxF8_v6-MzzeBU
Jan Valta said:
Not on LP but we will release the Full Version of the soundtrack through Steam, iTunes (and probably other sites, too). And if I say full, I mean it. It's gonna be over 5 hours of music. Hope you will like it!
Jan Valta said:
This one will contain literally every track we have in the game: cutscenes, in-game music, songs, even trailers (those they were composed in-house). At the moment, it's about 220 tracks (but we will probably connect some of them through our seamless transitions system), more than 5 hours of music. Well, it took us 3 years! :)
Jan Valta said:
in our soundtrack for Kingdom Come, we have both [symphonic and medieval]. (And even more than just that.)

Valta also shared other interesting stuff about the game in the comments. Not sure if this is new info, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhr1ulxd_og&lc=UgwN1PF81p0zlOV6jF54AaABAg.8_uafZS4ijl8_uhFoosL5s
Jan Valta said:
Yes, we do have a prison. If you commit a crime, guards will go after you. Depending on how bad that crime was, you can end up paying a fine or being arrested. So, one should better behave! :) But as this is Kingdom Come: Deliverance, you can commit some crimes unseen, undetected - and in that case you can freely walk away from it. (Just be careful, as when people from that city / village will find out what happened, they will remain alerted for some time - and you as a stranger might be the first one suspected.) Btw., we have special music for risk of fine / risk of jail etc. It helps build the suspension of such situation, and it reminds you how deep is that sh*t you're in :)

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

looks nice but i am not much interested in the game...
Historical rpg never been all that appealing to me... also first person only and fixed protagonist.

I hope it will good for who is in this things.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Got to wonder how many CDs the soundtrack will be on then. But I'm guessing the soundtrack you get with the collector's edition is just a select few.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Square Enix sells (some of) their soundtracks on Blu-ray, but they are an exception.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Can someone here tell me what the current status of this game is? Is it worth playing that alpha/beta in my steam library or is the final game about to release?

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Can someone here tell me what the current status of this game is? Is it worth playing that alpha/beta in my steam library or is the final game about to release?

It'll apparently be released in February 2018, so you have a bit of time to play it as long as you don't dawdle and get distracted doing other stuff.

Paul_cz

Arcane
The beta has not been updated in almost two years so it is not really worth playing, just wait until february.

Paul_cz

Arcane
The beta has not been updated in almost two years

That seems like a ridiculously stupid decision; I have no idea what compelled them to do this other than gross incompetence or them not really giving a shit about their beta.

The alpha and beta were basically techdemos, just glimpses into development for backers, with limited play area and few quests. This is not survival sim bullshit but storydriven RPG, they did not want to spoil the game for their biggest fans with buggy shitty versions. Not to mention that keeping the beta up to date would cost way too much time and manpower.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The beta has not been updated in almost two years

That seems like a ridiculously stupid decision; I have no idea what compelled them to do this other than gross incompetence or them not really giving a shit about their beta.

Dude tell me about all the RPGs that let you get a glimpse into the early versions. Warhorse not only gave their backers an alpha AND a beta but they regularly post professionally produced vlogs about the development of the game. They're already doing shit WAY beyond the standard practice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom