Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us in 2024

Zayne

Scholar
Henry could walk in through the front gate and single-handedly murder the entire garrison of any town in the first game.
In my experience, even lvl 20 Henry can't beat 3 armored enemies in "fair" combat - while he's busy with one he can't defend against others.

Sure, you can do horseback archery against 10 enemies without sweat, but it's not the same

jaekl

Educated
Patron
Henry could walk in through the front gate and single-handedly murder the entire garrison of any town in the first game.
In my experience, even lvl 20 Henry can't beat 3 armored enemies in "fair" combat - while he's busy with one he can't defend against others.

Sure, you can do horseback archery against 10 enemies without sweat, but it's not the same
You should be embarrassed to post that you can't slay 3 guards. I would never have finished the monastery quest if Henry wasn't capable of killing 3 or more guards on foot at once. Horse archery is just for when you're at the start of the game. After you have good equipment and stats, it's much faster to slice them all to ribbons.

Harthwain

Magister
I did fight more than one opponent at times and the key was to always make sure you're fighting a single opponent at the time:

Harthwain

Magister
So basically just spamming master strikes?
No. I did something similar without master strikes. The basic idea is to always engage the one enemy you can reach and deal some kind of damage before others join in. In a similar way you deal with multiple opponents in real life: fight in confined space, or keep them all on one side so they get in each other's way before getting to you. Things like that.

I have kited entire camps of enemies to death with this one enemy at a time routine, yeah it's possible. Not even that hard once you get decent armor and some stats in.

Last edited:

jaekl

Educated
Patron
I think you can also jab or slice them when they drop their arms to try and sprint around behind you, but I can't remember. Will update when I get back to the part of the game where you're an armored badass.

Gerrard

Arcane
Environments look about the same as in the first game - gorgeous.
I don't like how the forests look. Feels like a downgrade, not technically, but artistically. My first thought was that I was looking at a forest made by Rockstar Games.
The "forests" in the first game didn't look like real forests either, way too sparse.

With poison/bleeding it really doesn't matter how many enemies there are as long as you have space to kite, or some kind of a chokepoint.

Cologno

Educated
God bless Steam mods can be cunts. They really don't like a cholo pointing out historical Europe was full of ethnic diversity. I know how the internet works, FFS, but sorry Euros, your white ass isn't excluded from the diversity game; it's ironically racist to think so. Permaba for pointing it out (usually I just get put in timeout for a week, not this time). BTW, I'm a Hispanic from Arizona (not the fence jumper kind, nobody and I mean nobody likes them or Jews and Guatemalans). Yes, I should know better, I'm just bitching, but this white guilt shit gets old.

somerandomdude

Learned
I don't mind if they add gypsies, but for historical accuracy sake, at least let me take part in the pogroms against them. Gypsies included in any other context would be both woke and gay.

TedNugent

Arcane
I did fight more than one opponent at times and the key was to always make sure you're fighting a single opponent at the time:

masterstroke masterstroke masterstroke

No. I did something similar without master strikes. The basic idea is to always engage the one enemy you can reach and deal some kind of damage before others join in. In a similar way you deal with multiple opponents in real life: fight in confined space, or keep them all on one side so they get in each other's way before getting to you. Things like that.
Or just land a few well placed arrow shots before you get completely swarmed, usually that softens them up.

That was typically how I did it.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Or just land a few well placed arrow shots before you get completely swarmed, usually that softens them up.

I was just fighting a Cuman with a shield yesterday and it was super hard to land hits and took a while. I was fighting 2 together with mutt but managed to take out one before they took out Mutt so it was just direct 1v1. I do not have Masterstrikes because Ctp won't teach them to me and kicks my ass and it is a pain to fight shield guys without it or Mutt.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I played with master strikes removed and the first thing you notice is just how much your skills matter. As i approached the cap in the stats and various skills i found myself i was able to just overpower enemies much easier. The mod i was using probably over did it to take into account of this fact. I.E., the mod was balanced for maxed stats meaning when your skills are low it was actually often unreasonably hard to win a fight. Very noticable even in the tourney, but the most blatant one was grabble, where you basically lost every single time until you had maxed your stats, to the point i ended up editing the values myself but by that point i was already maxed so it didn't matter but i'll definitely use those values on the next playthrough.

Ironically, this actually made poison more valuable. Normal it took way too long to kill anything with it, enemies generally dying just from normal damage before poison even had a chance to get them, but on prolonged fights it actually helped.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

I was just fighting a Cuman with a shield yesterday and it was super hard to land hits and took a while. I was fighting 2 together with mutt but managed to take out one before they took out Mutt so it was just direct 1v1. I do not have Masterstrikes because Ctp won't teach them to me and kicks my ass and it is a pain to fight shield guys without it or Mutt.

As far as i remember, you get send to the Bailiff by Razdig who will then send you to train with Bernard. Once you do this the first time, you have to return to the Bailiff where you'll get that patrol quest. At that point, after reporting to the Bailiff the second time, if you go back to Bernard that's when he'll teach you master strikes, but depending where you are in the main quest he will leave until the next part of the quest is resolved.

ArchAngel

Arcane

As far as i remember, you get send to the Bailiff by Razdig who will then send you to train with Bernard. Once you do this the first time, you have to return to the Bailiff where you'll get that patrol quest. At that point, after reporting to the Bailiff the second time, if you go back to Bernard that's when he'll teach you master strikes, but depending where you are in the main quest he will leave until the next part of the quest is resolved.

No, if you ask Bernard to teach you MasterStrikes he first fights you with a real weapon as you must prove to him you are ready (internet says you must bring him to 1/3 health). That ended up as me being completely destroyed, bleeding and needing to repair a lot of gear :D
Even worse he kept using MasterStrike on me in this battle and I could do shit about it.

Last edited:

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
God bless Steam mods can be cunts. They really don't like a cholo pointing out historical Europe was full of ethnic diversity. I know how the internet works, FFS, but sorry Euros, your white ass isn't excluded from the diversity game; it's ironically racist to think so. Permaba for pointing it out (usually I just get put in timeout for a week, not this time). BTW, I'm a Hispanic from Arizona (not the fence jumper kind, nobody and I mean nobody likes them or Jews and Guatemalans). Yes, I should know better, I'm just bitching, but this white guilt shit gets old.
There's ethnic diversity and then there's filling your medieval Bohemia game with NIGGERS BECAUSE MUH DIVERSITY!
I don't get it, how hard can it be for you amerimutts to grasp that ethnically homogeneous nations WERE REAL in the past!
Not everything has to be loaded with NIGGERS and Troons for MUH DEMOCRATIC DIVERSITY.
Your nation is a joke.

Last edited:

SlamDunk

Arcane
Translated tidbits of the aforementioned Victor Bocan interview.

Lengthy chat session with The Man™ himself (English subtitles, bad quality).

Exclusive 3 hour long interview with Daniel Vávra! Lots of information from the development of Kingdom Come: Deliverance II. Does the second installment fulfill all the author's visions? What complications accompany the development and what new features you can look forward to. We'll also discuss many other topics from the world of video games, movies, creative work and much more. We'll avoid politics for a change.
EDIT: https://old.reddit.com/r/kingdomcome/comments/1cfv710/new_interview_with_daniel_vávra_main_points_in/
  • While talking about KCD1 he regrets that he did not notice several things that they did badly but did not notice when developing it. In other words they did not see the forest for the trees.
  • He was in permanent stress while developing KCD1. They were riding a very thin line during the whole development phase.
  • They speak about one concept game that did no come out eventually about a vampire assasin in Prague. Assasin creed style (before AC was a thing).
  • He is after a heart surgery. He mentions that the problem he had was most probably caused by stress.
  • He mentions that the main story and the cutsecenes are the easier part of the development due to the nature of the work process and he feels very confident with it. It took them several months to do. He confirms that it is very easy to redo scenes they are not satisfied with even in late parts of the developmet. They spent a lot of time talking about general directing experience and actor work.
  • He says that he learned everything on his own. He did not attend any proffessional training or schools for writing or game development.
  • He does not like copying others people work. He tries to be original as much as possible even though they use common plot development.
  • They speak about criminality in mediaval times and how exaggerated it is in modern books. It was rare to do executions.
  • Ne returning to Rattay. They thought about possible DLC, but it does not look like it was decided to do so.
  • Prague was ruled out because there was nothing happening during the time the game takes place in. It would also take way too long to implement and in the end would be boring for the player.
  • They speak about realistic combat and how it is impossible to simulate completely. You will be always limited by something (even by players) so they only aspire to do it as historicaly acurate as possible while still being fun in the game itself.
  • The early guns that will be in the game are very rare to see anywhere else. Movies or books do not utilise them.
  • Horse and Dog are the only companions you can have.
  • He spoke about Unreal engine and forests it can do and how amazing they look, but also mentions, that the demos are missleading and it would be very hard to run it on any new HW with the amount of objects and NPC KCD2 has.
  • New consoles are still a limiting factor for them in development.
  • He speaks about how good graphics are the best marketing device you have.
  • He is proud of every character he writes. No lazy writing even for small NPCs.
  • He finds a lot of books about writhing to be bullshit quality. The only good one he read was "Screenwriter's bible".
  • A lot of talk about general movie quality and how a lot of current work is not reflecting real world. Unrealistic visions and disconnected characters ruining general storytelling. A lot of stories are not relatable by majority of population with the way they are told. Movies and games are made for critics instead of movie goers or players.
  • He explains how work on KCD story went. First was research about the real history itself, find the time period you want to utilise and after that create characters in that world.
  • A lot was said about Czech movie scene and how bad it is. :)
  • He mentions Oblivion as a big inspiration for how KCD looks. He has love and hate relationship with Bethesda games.
  • They talk about how KCD is sidegraded by a lot of media, because it's remembered as controversal game (no diversity) which reduces the reach the game has. And also how clickbait articles work in general.
  • They show Asmongold reaction of the trailer and talk about his takes and his surprise of how big the fanbase of original KCD is.
  • He speaks about Metacritic and how the score can matter a lot from players, the same for Steam reviews. Reviews from critics are in a lot of cases meaningles.
  • He talks about Red dead redemtion and GTA games and that the main story teller left the company and Vavra thinks it will have major impact on quality of future games.
  • The reality of development is, that if you do not have strong central person who has vision and sticks with it against all ods, the games do not turn out to be good. You can have thousands of developers but if they are without good leaders, it will fail.
  • Consoles are good and bad at the same time. It forces you to optimalise a lot, but also limits you with how much cool things you can put in it. He said, that they sold more copies on PC than consoles though.
  • They did not boost or promote the release trailer in any way. All the views and reactions are organic.
  • He was afraid of the real life action/commentary and game trailer combination but it proved him wrong. People liked it a lot.
  • Music will be epic, it's being composed for about 4 years. Real life choirs will be in a lot.
  • Alcoholism is back. They used real life caloric tables to implement it.
  • He is againts sexism in games. He was fighting against stereotypes and general design taboos. They talk about historically accurate boobs. :D
  • They added a lot to KCD2 but he also says that there are still things that did not make it.
  • They talk about AI tools. He thinks that it will make development of games easier and allow smaller teams to do a lot more work.
  • The interview closes on a good note about how much praise Warhorse got from the first game and trailer of second one and he hopes that KCD2 will be even better in this case and maybe also persuade game critics.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I don't get it, how hard can it be for you amerimutts to grasp that ethnically homogeneous nations WERE REAL in the past!

It's not hard to get. They are rewriting the past so they can alter the future. Europe was always full of niggers, and Oceania was always at war with Eurasia, that kind of shit.

And niggers themselves are of course low IQ and narcisistic enough to believe it, so the more they flood white countries with them, and more actual European history will be wiped out.

That's why they shit their pants so hard at Kingcom Come.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
malicious revisionist trying to trick people into thinking Italians existed
Everyone knows 15th century Bohemia was a Czech ethnostate with German/Hungarian populations in the single-digits and absolutely no jews or p*lish people

Vulpes

Scholar
The Jews have been involved in the proliferation of every heretical Christian movement from the Hussites to modern day evangelical protestants (aka christian zionists). They had a hand in inciting the Hussite Wars as revenge for the Prague pogrom of 1389.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
My favored part is that Jan Hus would frown upon the way his ideas were rapresented in this game. He would be completely appalled by someone like Father Godwin.

The way this game dealt with religion is heads and shoulder above most other games out there but the religious question is easily the most misunderstood and misintepreted shit in Kingdom Come. I liked the game a great deal and it's incline on many levels compared to the rest of the pozzed industry but it's obvious the writers had a clear secular bias. They had the presence of mind to portray religious figures in a multivalent way. Some were bad, some were good and they didn't attempt to vilify every church person (this balanced approach in characterization is easily one of the best things in this game and applies to everyone) but when it comes to the issue of religion itself it's obvious Vavra and his people had little respect for it.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
My favored part is that Jan Hus would frown upon the way his ideas were rapresented in this game. He would be completely appalled by someone like Father Godwin.
Godwin isn't a Hussite, they don't really elaborate on his beliefs beyond the vague proto-protestant sympathies.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Godwin isn't a Hussite, they don't really elaborate on his beliefs beyond the vague proto-protestant sympathies.

It's implied he is "considering" the Hussite position because he can't harmonize his debauched behavior with his Catholic beliefs.

When Henry gives his sermon he can convince the congragation that maybe getting drunk isn't so bad, or other things of that kind, and one gets the sense the game implies this is the Hussite position. That the Hussites were just a bit more "open" and less stringent than the Catholics (and also more sympathetic to the "people" and their need to indulge in vices).

In reality of course Jan Hus would have seen Father Godwin has evidence of all that was wrong with Catholicism.

Granted, you CAN argue that this is just a delusion Father Godwin has, about the Hussite beliefs being more "open" and thus more "tolerant" of his behavior, but i wouldn't be so sure this isn't also a point of view shared by the writers of the game.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Granted, you CAN argue that this is just a delusion Father Godwin has, about the Hussite beliefs being more "open" and thus more "tolerant" of his behavior, but i wouldn't be so sure this isn't also a point of view shared by the writers of the game.
Vavra et al. have studied this period to the last detail and they had the greatest world authority on Hussites, professor Čornej, as their consultant.

They don't romanticize the Hussites at all, they know very well they were not liberals but puritans (with some factions being such batshit crazy zealots they make the Pentecostals look like the paragons of sanity). The only reason you don't see that in the game is there WERE no Hussites yet in 1403, Jan Hus just began preaching the previous year and his movement was barely in its infancy.

As for Godwin, he doesn't strike me as the big thinking type, he's just a wild boy who likes to booze and party and talk smack in the pub. That's my interpretation anyway.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
"...historically accurate boobs. :D"
So a history student has probable legal grounds to inspect women's boobs in order to determine the historical accuracy....in the name of history. Interesting. Very deep and historical aspects are being considered at this studio. Jesus Christ be praised!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom