Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us in 2024

Quillon

Arcane
Looks like the system of bringing your KCD1 decisions to KCD2 won't be done by loading your KCD 1 save (impossible because of the new generation of consoles) but by dialog options in KCD 2, similar to Witcher.
I much prefer this approach. Does the same thing with less hassle.
Why did they dismissed save import outright on many other interviews instead of saying this then? ffs

SlamDunk

Arcane
Some poor innocent Jew makes a post on Reddit. Despicable people so damn full of themselves. Makes me sick.

Last edited:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Henry won't hit his head and forget all his skills from the first game, but there will be some kind of mechanism. Also the main narrative is that Henry was really good in the small region of the first game but now he is in a much bigger world and his skills need to get better to compete.

Yo, that's much more sensible explanation then amnesia.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Have their been any predictions on GPU demands based on engine and trailer graphics quality? It would suck to have to deal with a crypto bubble/ card shortage on release. Prices now aren't awful, taking currently pre-Weimar inflation into account.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
Henry won't hit his head and forget all his skills from the first game, but there will be some kind of mechanism. Also the main narrative is that Henry was really good in the small region of the first game but now he is in a much bigger world and his skills need to get better to compete.

Henry could walk in through the front gate and single-handedly murder the entire garrison of any town in the first game. How powerful are these people in the bigger world? Are they demigods??

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Henry could walk in through the front gate and single-handedly murder the entire garrison of any town in the first game. How powerful are these people in the bigger world? Are they demigods??
Yeah, exactly my thought. I mean how much more badass can you get than the late game enemies in full plates?

I'm a bit worried Warhorse underestimated just how much people adored the feeling of going from an utterly useless village yokel to a full-plated terminator. I'm worried the progression may be much flatter in KCD2 and not nearly as satisfying.

TedNugent

Arcane
So I spend 30+ minutes trying to catch rabbits with archery 2 and 50 arrows using this dumb ass saving systems. Since game is stupid enough to force me to shoot rabbits to level up archery at least it could let me save anywhere so I can try to hit one with 10+ arrows without needing to pick up each after each shot and then reload the save if I miss all. Now I lost 20 arrows permanently and caught one rabbit not being able to do that
Maybe I should be just abusing the game and be shooting at all farm animals I see like I read on the Net..
Hoping you will automatically start to land hits won't get you far. You have to learn where there arrow is going and lead the target as well, on top of your aim getting more stable with skill.
Truth is I gave up on archery as it is already hard enough to aim with a fucking controller without all the pointless extra complications but I had this quest to gather some hare meat.. I even tried to chase down the rabbits with a sword.. that didn't work either :D
I guess I need to level up dog instead and maybe he catches rabbits.. for now he just stands around a looks at rabbits and laughs at me missing.
Archery was hard in real life, it is hard in the game. Worth it though. After you get captured, I cleared out the entire camp by using stealth archery. Would have been utterly impossible otherwise.

Something satisfying about shooting a Cuman in the nuts with an arrow.

You could even do it from horseback for extra challenge if you wanted to LARP as a Mongol. It worked when storming a bandit camp during the day if you wanted to show up with your balls hanging out. Wasted a lot of arrows doing it but it was kinda fun to thin them out.

On that note, have they said anything about having enemies that actually ride horses to attack you? I'd also dig finishing moves with rondels.

Incidentally I just found out the sequel was a thing as I was watching this video.

If the city is much bigger than Rattay I don't see how I could expect to run this game any time soon. Unless capped at 30 fps maybe. I reinstalled KCD few days ago and got reminded fast how much game rapes my CPU when there are a lot of NPCs around. Even in Skalitz intro game drops below 50 fps often. I tested Rattay on older save and it's down to as low as 32 fps during daytime there. Unless they somehow made NPCs less rapey on CPU I'm expecting Kuttenberg to be unplayable with my i5-8400.
So, why not upgrade your CPU to something like a i7-9700?
It seems like it would be a minor improvement only, not worth even bothering with. I will be wanting to get something much faster for next upgrade. Probably couple years down the line, maybe less. There's more than enough video games to waste time on on current PC already, really not feeling the rush to do it.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

Yeah, exactly my thought. I mean how much more badass can you get than the late game enemies in full plates?

I'm a bit worried Warhorse underestimated just how much people adored the feeling of going from an utterly useless village yokel to a full-plated terminator. I'm worried the progression may be much flatter in KCD2 and not nearly as satisfying.

Virgin Skalitz garnison vs Chad Kunnenberg garnison. :cool: :cool: :cool::cool:

Seriously though, it's as good lore explanation as you're going to get.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
My prediction is that the game won't look much better than the original (which if you ignore a bit of jank here and there looked far better than a lot of people give it credit for) but will require twice the GPU power lmao. Watch.

ArchAngel

Arcane
My prediction is that the game won't look much better than the original (which if you ignore a bit of jank here and there looked far better than a lot of people give it credit for) but will require twice the GPU power lmao. Watch.
So the graphics from gameplay in trailer are what?

Cologno

Educated
Think he was implying there will be bloated, oversized textures for the 4k crowd.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Is the trailer really that much better looking than the original?

I don't think you guys remember how the original actually looked if you set everything in ultra.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Think he was implying there will be bloated, oversized textures for the 4k crowd.

Funnily enough, the HD texture didn't do a whole lot to degrade performance in the original.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Is the trailer really that much better looking than the original?

I don't think you guys remember how the original actually looked if you set everything in ultra.
I only have Xbox graphics and it looks way worse than those in trailer for 2nd game. But let me check youtube for max graphics videos..
This still looks much worse than trailer: https://youtu.be/U8fiEmHSwNE?si=9LTCqSgcbBQeox5R

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Most NPCs and enemies look way, WAY better in KCD2.

Environments look about the same as in the first game - gorgeous. Crazy it's been 6 years and KCD1 has still the best forest in any game ever, and it's not even close.

quaesta

Educated
Archery was hard in real life, it is hard in the game. Worth it though. After you get captured, I cleared out the entire camp by using stealth archery. Would have been utterly impossible otherwise.

Something satisfying about shooting a Cuman in the nuts with an arrow.

You could even do it from horseback for extra challenge if you wanted to LARP as a Mongol. It worked when storming a bandit camp during the day if you wanted to show up with your balls hanging out. Wasted a lot of arrows doing it but it was kinda fun to thin them out.

On that note, have they said anything about having enemies that actually ride horses to attack you? I'd also dig finishing moves with rondels.

Incidentally I just found out the sequel was a thing as I was watching this video.

Jesus christ he's just stabbing him, hope that blade isn't real.

TedNugent

Arcane
It's steel, just blunt

They basically wail the piss out of each other until someone gives up (or simulated fatal wound). Armor works pretty well so they always end up grappling with daggers.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Environments look about the same as in the first game - gorgeous.
I don't like how the forests look. Feels like a downgrade, not technically, but artistically. My first thought was that I was looking at a forest made by Rockstar Games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom