Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us in 2024

Larianshill

Arbiter
It's a dream sequence, Istvan gets away with everything again and rides off into the sunset. KCD3 is about hunting down your sword. Again.

Larianshill

Arbiter
I'm pretty sure I've heard them talking about master strikes before. Now they're out? Well, it's good news anyhow, master strikes were a cancer upon the game.

SlamDunk

Arcane
There will be a button for helmet visor. You will be in control of when its open or closed.
incline.png
Yes, indeed, but in this case a more fitting reply would have been:

incline.png
and
decline.png

Best czech stand-up comedian (and Warhorse lead technical designer) speaks about the game for an hour, but in czech of course

https://www.reflex.cz/clanek/prosto...drevcove-zbrane-tvrzi-k-dobyti-bude-dost.html

You guys are missing on so much not understanding Viktor
Would you, or someone else, be willing to make a summary of the most interesting points of that interview?

cvv

I think the first post is incomplete without the reveal video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R48DEEjyS5k

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok so masterstrikes are out, the entire combat system is overhauled.

Instantly 10/10.
Maybe it ends up worse lol

Witcher 2 overhauled combat and made it 2x worse than The Witcher
Fallout 3 also overhauled the combat..

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Would you, or someone else, be willing to make a summary of the most interesting points of that interview?
I kindda already have - masterstrikes are out and the game doesn't necessarily ends with Henry's revenge (even tho that one was kindda vague, it might also mean something banal, like you can continue with a free roam after fnishing the main story or some such). There will be fully implemented halberds.

As for how exactly they kick Henry back down to zero, whether he just hits his head and suffers amnesia, he just hinted at a small narrative-based shift. Something like "yes at the end of KCD1 Henry was an unstoppable force among dung-stained villagers and bandits, now he deals with professional soldiers and badass knights in a big city so he feels like lvl 1 again". Soulds kindda lame, I hope there's more to it than that.

Those are the most important takeaways IIRC, otherwise it was a mainstream journo intervioo (not a gaming outlet) so many questoins were kindda retarded, like "How do you feel now the announcement is out" or "How much of a challenge Kuttenberg was". Shit like that.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Masterstrike is not out. It will just be much more difficult to pull off.

I am too lazy, sorry. But reddit spergs already did the job

https://www.reddit.com/r/kingdomcom...ech_interview_with_viktor_bocan_lead/l1cdtpa/

For me most interesting part was at the end when the interviewer asks him if he can expect stable framerate in the Kuttenberg square, to which Viktor replies

"the game is done, we are really planning to release it this year, we are doing everything we can to achieve that, and of course the technical and performance considerations are the last thing we are working on now. I am confident because we already have a stable framerate now in many situations, but of course we are making it for multiple consoles, each one is different with different specs, and everyone has a different PC at home, so it is a big challenge to put it together in a way where framerate is always stable for everyone, but our best people are working on it.."

If the city is much bigger than Rattay I don't see how I could expect to run this game any time soon. Unless capped at 30 fps maybe. I reinstalled KCD few days ago and got reminded fast how much game rapes my CPU when there are a lot of NPCs around. Even in Skalitz intro game drops below 50 fps often. I tested Rattay on older save and it's down to as low as 32 fps during daytime there. Unless they somehow made NPCs less rapey on CPU I'm expecting Kuttenberg to be unplayable with my i5-8400.

SlamDunk

Arcane
I am too lazy, sorry. But reddit spergs already did the job
https://www.reddit.com/r/kingdomcom...ech_interview_with_viktor_bocan_lead/l1cdtpa/
But of course they did. Somehow I forgot Reddit's existence for a short while. I smell a foul brainfart on my end.

Those are the most important takeaways IIRC
Thank you, goodman.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Masterstrike is not out. It will just be much more difficult to pull off.
Listened to this part again. He describes master strikes from KCD1, then he says "this system was degenerating the combat so we've completely overhauled it. Now the timing for basic exchanges - perfect blocks and counterattacks - is much easier but when you progress enough into the combat system you will be able to destroy opponents by defending and attacking simultaneously".

Not sure what to take from it, honestly, on one hand he says they completely overhauled master strikes because they were degenerating the combat but then he seems to describe a "new" system that looks exactly like master strikes.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

SlamDunk

Arcane
https://old.reddit.com/r/kingdomcom...ech_interview_with_viktor_bocan_lead/l1cdtpa/

Edit: While I am at it, I will also add some interesting details that Prokop Jirsa mentioned in the latest radio interview
  • The dog we see in the trailer is confirmed to be your companion. The system will be improved and he should be smarter and help you with stealth and combat.
  • Targeting system while fighting multiple enemies has been updated, it should not be as painful as in the first game.
  • Skirmishes have a new system where NPCs communicate with each other. If one NPC is in the way of a shot, the other NPC will shout at him and ask him to move.
  • Looks like the system of bringing your KCD1 decisions to KCD2 won't be done by loading your KCD 1 save (impossible because of the new generation of consoles) but by dialog options in KCD 2, similar to Witcher.

Gargaune

Magister
Looks like the system of bringing your KCD1 decisions to KCD2 won't be done by loading your KCD 1 save (impossible because of the new generation of consoles) but by dialog options in KCD 2, similar to Witcher.
I much prefer this approach. Does the same thing with less hassle.

thesecret1

Arcane
If the city is much bigger than Rattay I don't see how I could expect to run this game any time soon. Unless capped at 30 fps maybe. I reinstalled KCD few days ago and got reminded fast how much game rapes my CPU when there are a lot of NPCs around. Even in Skalitz intro game drops below 50 fps often. I tested Rattay on older save and it's down to as low as 32 fps during daytime there. Unless they somehow made NPCs less rapey on CPU I'm expecting Kuttenberg to be unplayable with my i5-8400.
Don't underesrimate just how much something can be optimized. Especially since DLSS is now a thing

Don't underesrimate just how much something can be optimized. Especially since DLSS is now a thing

DLSS is going to reduce CPU load? I love using it for AA, so it's good if it will be there, but non DLAA modes of it are about lowering rendering resolution, which I doubt CPU gives that much of a fuck about.

thesecret1

Arcane

DLSS is going to reduce CPU load? I love using it for AA, so it's good if it will be there, but non DLAA modes of it are about lowering rendering resolution, which I doubt CPU gives that much of a fuck about.
You were CPU bound in KCD1? It was always my GPU that had issues keeping up. Granted, I play GSGs so I always invest in a beefy CPU

ArchAngel

Arcane
Game seems to work well on my Xbox series X, better than D4 that gets fans loud. I cannot see exact FPS but I would say at least 60 since it is always very smooth.

You were CPU bound in KCD1? It was always my GPU that had issues keeping up. Granted, I play GSGs so I always invest in a beefy CPU

I'm getting same performance near a lot of NPCs whether I use native 1080p or 1440p via DLDSR. It's definitely CPU. Only when going up to 1620p I start getting limited by GPU as well.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Game seems to work well on my Xbox series X, better than D4 that gets fans loud. I cannot see exact FPS but I would say at least 60 since it is always very smooth.
It's a stable 30 fps on XSX, but I agree that it feels smoother than that.

Maybe I should just try to get used 30 fps, limit it and push resolution and draw distances even higher. Maybe also go for higher shadow resolution too. I'd be getting consolefag framerate but not consolefag visuals. Combat is definitely slow enough to be playable at 30.

V17

Educated

Yes, almost all of the performance issues in KCD1 were CPU bottlenecked. It's still Cry Engine, so the GPU side is pretty well optimized, but it was never designed for large scale simulation of open worlds, and iirc Warhorse claimed the NPC AI especially was a problem. I tried playing KCD1 on a Celeron CPU because I didn't have anything better for a while and then switched to a cheapish i7 that has n times higher CPU benchmark score than the Celeron (don't remember the exact number, but I probably posted it somewhere in the KCD1 thread) and I literally got n times higher fps with the same (med to high) graphic settings.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
So, why not upgrade your CPU to something like a i7-9700?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
My 4790k turned 10 years old this year. I bought it in September 2014 but I think the model was released in April. How time flies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom