Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

ArchAngel

Arcane
The drunk one, where you spend the night with him and then you are forced to do a sermon in his behalf while in your under garments.
I put on my armor while following him to the church, I have more Charisma that way :)

Val Doom

Literate
Well Runt is dead now, got a Headcracker proc right at the start of the fight and all I had to do was mercy kill him.

jaekl

Learned
Patron
The true beauty of kcd is that the designers allow me to be a troll to the world, but they also allow the world to troll me back.

Last night I was perusing the wares of the local armourer and I figured it would be stupid of me to actually pay for any of it since I'm now a master thief. I was gonna rob the store real quick and then go to bed.

After casing the joint for a side entrance, I waited until night at the inn, then ran into town and started picking the lock but was caught because if you walk around without a torch, eagle eye guards stop at nothing to fine you robocop style. Fuck, where do I get a torch at this time of night? I searched everywhere at the inn, I robbed a few houses but couldn't find a torch anywhere and it was now morning. FUCK.

I decide to pickpocket a guard for a torch but just as I hit the pickpocket button, he turns around and catches me. FUCK!!

I can't pay the fine or he'll take my expensive armour that's still marked as hot after like a month. So I stab him and run away, he slices me in the back and I fall down a cliff, injuring my ankles. I circle all the way around to the miller and sleep, then stash my armour, find a torch in a cupboard (score!!) and head over to pay my fine for pickpocketing. Only, that guard fell to his death when he tried chasing me down the hill so I find out that I'm wanted for murder. 10 days in jail. FUCK!!!

Okay, jail sentence complete. Starving and tired now, don't want to rob the store when my stats are messed up anyways. Kill a bunch of chickens next door and rest at the miller's house until I'm in good shape. What time is it? midnight?! God damn it, this was only supposed to take an hour. Oh well, can't stop now.

Walk up to the side door with my torch out, start picking and the door opens, a guard walks out and turns around and goes back in. Fuck, a patrolling guard in this game is gonna be a nightmare. Luckily, I manage to hide in a corner and snuff him out when he walks by. I make it to the storefront but there's nothing there, no weapons out, no chests. Come on! I look everywhere and there's no loot, though there is a door upstairs that has a lock that's too difficult to pick. FUCK!!!!

In another room, i find the store guard sleeping on a bench next to another guard. Here goes nothing, I stab both of them and take their keys. One of them opens the locked door. YES! The room is full of treasure chests. Finally. All the horseshit that I just went through has finally paid off! I'm rich beyond my wildest dreams!! Oops, lock is too difficult? I'll try the next one... Nope too difficult... surely one of these will open to a key or something at least right? RIGHT?!

Wrong. Defeated, I gingerly step around the bodies of the men I killed and creep out the back door, torch in hand. I got a little loot from the dead at least. As I'm walking to the gate, I hear "Stop right there, I have to search you!" FUUUUCK!!!

With a grim determination, I run out the front gate and jump down the hill, re-injuring henry's poor ankles. Time to leave this bullshit town, I'm DONE with it.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
If you can pick pocket the owners you can get the keys to all the doors and trunks. If you can. But the game is bugged to shit and back. Visibility 0, noise 0 in the woods but if it's daytime you hear "oy!".... daytime cancels your stats. RPG my ass. Well, sometimes, not always. Very impressed with the dialogue options you have, including lying. Reloaded an encounter with that chick behind the mill telling you about Timmy and being ambushed by 4 guys and wanted to see all those options and they do different things. Very cool, impressive. And yeah the combat system can go suck a dick. Forgot how bad it actually is. Whatever just rushing the main story to get it done with.

Yosharian

Arcane
I'm surprised to see so many people (rightfully) shitting on the combat, I thought most people liked it. I can't fucking stand it, especially how clumsy it is with multiple opponents.

Fargus

Arcane
I can't fucking stand it, especially how clumsy it is with multiple opponents.

What do you people dislike so much about fighting multiple opponents? All you have to do is master striking and being mobile. My most memorable fights were with multiple opponents, especially before i got too gud.

Modron

Arcane
All these master strike, master strike, master strike, ad nauseum videos sure are exciting.

jaekl

Learned
Patron
If you can pick pocket the owners you can get the keys to all the doors and trunks

No way, every time I pickpocket a home or business owner they only have a key to a shitty easy trunk and the front door. I just pickpocketed an innkeeper that didn't have a key to get in to his own storage area. Ridiculous.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
No way, every time I pickpocket a home or business owner they only have a key to a shitty easy trunk and the front door. I just pickpocketed an innkeeper that didn't have a key to get in to his own storage area. Ridiculous
My dude, you can get keys to all their locked stuff. IDK if you need higher pickpocketing skill or something but it's possible. So you go back through a building you have the option to unlock and not just pick lock on a door

jaekl

Learned
Patron
No way, every time I pickpocket a home or business owner they only have a key to a shitty easy trunk and the front door. I just pickpocketed an innkeeper that didn't have a key to get in to his own storage area. Ridiculous
My dude, you can get keys to all their locked stuff. IDK if you need higher pickpocketing skill or something but it's possible. So you go back through a building you have the option to unlock and not just pick lock on a door
I'm telling you that they have 2 keys in their inventory whether you pickpocket them or kill them and one of them will be a door key and one will be a chest key but the chest key is usually for a single chest which 9/10 times has an easy lock anyways. The shop owner and the guard did not own a key to the treasure chests. They only had a key to the door to the treasure room. I know because I stabbed them and looted their entire inventories.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
I'm telling you that they have 2 keys in their inventory whether you pickpocket them or kill them and one of them will be a door key and one will be a chest key but the chest key is usually for a single chest which 9/10 times has an easy lock anyways. The shop owner and the guard did not own a key to the treasure chests. They only had a key to the door to the treasure room. I know because I stabbed them and looted their entire inventories.
Whatever man, I have the keys to the vendors stashes. Whenever I'm low on cash or by mistake I actually buy something I immediately go and literally unlock my way to their money. Maybe not every vendor has keys IDK.

Never felt a temptation to become a dirty thief in KCD, considering how fast you can make money by just killing bandits and cumans. Even a starter horse has enough carry capacity to make you rich pretty fast.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Never felt a temptation to become a dirty thief in KCD, considering how fast you can make money by just killing bandits and cumans. Even a starter horse has enough carry capacity to make you rich pretty fast.
I bought tier 5 horse yesterday, cost 2000 silver but it was worth it :D

Habichtswalder

Literate
You don't even need to kill bandits tbh. There are always very strong bandits fighting against other people in Skalitz. I was plundering the corpses once they killed each other and made a ton of money.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Once you try Pegasus or Jenda you realize how unbearably slow and lame Pebbles is.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Once you try Pegasus or Jenda you realize how unbearably slow and lame Pebbles is.
I got the Al- one, went Arabian :)

jaekl

Learned
Patron

Misbehaving is its own reward.

For example, Henry barges in to the cottage of an old couple. Henry crouches and sidesteps around the old lady who is questioning his intentions until he gets behind her and stabs her in the neck. Henry then slices the husband to death as he tries to run out the door. Henry strips them both to their undergarments, rifles through their belongings, eats the stew that they were making for dinner, then goes outside and shoots all of their sheep for archery practice.

Next, Henry goes to investigate a raid at a stable. When you click X to inspect some corpses, Henry goes "who could do such a thing?"

Who indeed, Henry. Who indeed.

Zariusz

Arbiter
4RC6oGd.png

Interesting choice of property security.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok, who thought level scaling is a good idea for this game? Just ran into Bandits with full plate armor and mad skills. I barely do any damage with my longsword..
Also they are fighting and killing Cumans but as soon as I get involved both Cumans and Bandits go after me lol . What is this shit?!

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Ok, who thought level scaling is a good idea for this game? Just ran into Bandits with full plate armor and mad skills. I barely do any damage with my longsword..
Also they are fighting and killing Cumans but as soon as I get involved both Cumans and Bandits go after me lol . What is this shit?!
Random encounter? If so, I know the one but I only attacked the cumans and 2 bandits were left alive. I sneaked around, shot one with an arrow in the face and dropped him, shot the other in the chest as he was rushing me and the he ran away. Fired again but I missed.
The more I play this game the more issues I notice and the more annoying it gets: vegetation frequently blocks you as if it's a solid of rock, stealth works from time to time depending in mood, sometimes you're completely invisible and it's incredible other times it's "oy vey!" for no discernible reason, enemies hear you stealth killing or KOs their allies from kilometers away again depending on unknown factors, NPCs randomly detect you by hearing you or by turning around to face you despite that 0 noise stat, combat is good in theory not in practice as you simply don't have the time to react properly to an attack from any of the 5 sides or I completely missed some piece of info, every enemy can do master strikes, can parry you etc. even peasants, when surrounded by enemies and you try to put some distance between yourself and them you constantly get pulled into some wombo combo by one of them, automatic lock on during combat, the movement system and the animations are literally GTA4/RDR2 levels of "realism" which I can't put into words how much I hate as it makes every single move that you make or attack or just any other action that much longer and tedious for no reason. Recently fell off a small wall I managed to climb on and crouched because I turned around and Henry's left foot ended up in the air and the rest of his body followed suit and slid down. It's small things like this that simply infuriating for me. I already use a mod to instantly harvest plants.
Right now I'm about halfway through the story, rescuing Esther from some mines and continuing with the whole forged coins quest. I'm just rushing through. This game is extremely tedious. I have to say it's very nice that the game allows you sequence break or skip some parts, like I said before the options and the dialogue options you get, while not that many, they feel real, meaningful. For the pestilence quest, I didn't bother. Found the sick guy, pickpocketed him for the document, left and took it to Radzig and didn't mention anything about the plague. Wonder if it'll have any consequences later. Why all the people there die or something? IDK.
Also not much story reactivity. Killed everyone in that camp where you fight Runt. But the quest didn't acknowledge that and was more preoccupied with poisoning the food and burning the arrows, which I did, after everyone was dead. Went to Radzig, told him I sabotaged everything but couldn't tell him I killed all if them. Whatever, the next quest started with the attack and of course everyone was back alive. Meh.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yes it was random encounter. I tried my best to soften them all with arrows while they fight each other because if I approach into melee they all turn on me. After 5 attempts somehow 1st time 2 Cumans survived the bandits even with much worse gear and both rushed me. I made them follow me until they got separated and killed the one close. 2nd one just went poof. I returned to scene of their battle and looted bandits, each had 3x more expensive plate armor on them than me.. what is this shit?
Were these some nobleman knights roleplaying as bandits or shit design?!
Now I got upgrades to almost all my slots and like 10k of loot to sell, I even overburdened myself and my horse that can carry 452 kg of gear lol

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Yes it was random encounter. I tried my best to soften them all with arrows while they fight each other because if I approach into melee they all turn on me. After 5 attempts somehow 1st time 2 Cumans survived the bandits even with much worse gear and both rushed me. I made them follow me until they got separated and killed the one close. 2nd one just went poof. I returned to scene of their battle and looted bandits, each had 3x more expensive plate armor on them than me.. what is this shit?
Now I got upgrades to almost all my slots and like 10k of loot to sell, I even overburdened myself and my horse that can carry 452 kg of gear lol
I think it's a random encounter that gets activated after you complete the quest nest of vipers. I only had this one after doing that quest.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think it's a random encounter that gets activated after you complete the quest nest of vipers. I only had this one after doing that quest.
If nest of vipers is bandit camp that I need to scout, I got that quest but didn't go do it yet. If all bandits are now full plate versions that this shit is worse then Oblivion and its level scaling.

Kouvo

Augur
If anybody is still playing this with master strikes enabled, then do yourselves a favor and disable that garbage. Details are mentioned in the prestigious codex review.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom