Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Don't want to spoil anything since I don't know how far into the game you are. But I'm pretty far into the main story (I think). I'm in Sasau. I do try to think out of the box, but you kinda have to do some questionable things.
Yeah, I'm not there yet, but I don't mind spoilers.
Tell me what's up and I'll try to get there myself and see if there are any options you've overlooked.
It would be a bit disappointing if the devs stopped offering varied quest solutions half-way through the game, considering that that is one of the game's strengths imo.

You have to infiltrate a monastery to find out a traitor bandit hiding there as a monk-newcomer. You are supposed to kill this man for the bandits to gain favor for them. When you figure out who he is you can escape with him alive and fake his death. But to get to that point you have to lie and steal from the monks. Thanks to the quest getting broken, I couldn't escape with the man and had to escape solo, get back and assassinate the former bandit with a bow. Now I'm being hunted in Sasau for murder. There is a lot of sneaking around, manipulate and steal in that mission. I have nothing per say against the mission, it reminds me of the Risen one in the temple, but it doesn't feel like the most chivalrous things to do. There seem to be a lot of quests in there as well that I couldn't be bothered with and after this mission and got thrown into another stealth mission part of the main story :)

As a extra note. You can not leave as a monk, you are supposed to spend your life in the monastery. So when I stole the keys it was kinda cool that the game let me get out of the monastery. But the problem here was that all my stuff that I had to leave behind in a coffer was now considered stolen. Sure, I understand it now belongs to the church. But it's funny later on when you try to repair it in Rattay the blacksmith gets all pissy over the stolen goods that he have repaired 10 times before.

Tigranes

Arcane
Anyone done a lot with the 'ancient' and 'treasure' maps?

It's funny how half the quests in this game seem to be thievery quests - there's not a whole lot of loot progression in the game, so I think players are perfectly fine taking as many/few as they like, but it's a weird balance given what Henry is supposed to be.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Preorder bonuses are very OP, but are a lot of fun to look for.
So far the only preorder item I've found that is stronger than anything I can buy so far is the warhorse helmet.
The biggest issue with the items is that they cost only 1 groschen, making repairs ultra cheap compared to any other item (before you can repair stuff well yourself).

I also regret looking for them at all tbh. They make things too easy too quickly. There are also normal chests full of weapons and armor in undefended places that let you go from chump to hero in a split second.
Kind of messes up the balance completely.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
They're the maps to the dlc treasure. Most of it quickly becomes obsolete, but it also makes things rather easy without having to really earn the gear.
I personally think it's best to ignore treasures tbh. Would be different if the game were more difficult later on so that you'd really need any kind of gear you could get your hands on, but it's just too easy to become the terminator.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron

It's funny how half the quests in this game seem to be thievery quests - there's not a whole lot of loot progression in the game, so I think players are perfectly fine taking as many/few as they like, but it's a weird balance given what Henry is supposed to be.

I've been playing for 40 hours and haven't done any thieving quests yet

Also, the heretic quest was a lot of fun

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
They're the maps to the dlc treasure. Most of it quickly becomes obsolete, but it also makes things rather easy without having to really earn the gear.
I personally think it's best to ignore treasures tbh. Would be different if the game were more difficult later on so that you'd really need any kind of gear you could get your hands on, but it's just too easy to become the terminator.

Finding some of them is pretty challenging though and that in itself is a lot of fun

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I really hate how some quest are hidden in a way,you just have to talk to the right npc to start it. For example bailiff in the first city give you a water carrier quest but there is no way to know this and the bailiff is pretty hidden. Another one is a named guard at the monastery.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I really hate how some quest are hidden in a way,you just have to talk to the right npc to start it. For example bailiff in the first city give you a water carrier quest but there is no way to know this and the bailiff is pretty hidden. Another one is a named guard at the monastery.

Now just imagine how many quests you've missed IRL.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
I kinda like that. I just spoke to Divish randomly and he gave me a quest. It feels more organic than scouring the map for quest icons.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Have to ask, anyone else having trouble seeing during night time? Got a bunch of night missions (story) in a row and I can't see a damn thing. I even cranked up the brightness but it's still dark as hell.

Abhay

Augur
nooo Vavra, you never apologize to these people, now there is blood in the water.

He should be apologizing for the buggy fucking game.. ;)
No. He shouldn't. Its an awesome game with certain imperfections for sure, but its still miles better than the kind of trash being released these days in the name of RPG. A first attempt, and what a brilliant one at that. Kudos to Warhorse and their entire team for the amount of hard work and dedication they have shown for providing the best, and the most authentic RPG experience. There's still a lot of time for them to fix the issues. No need to rush over anything. Its silly to ask them to apologise for problems they have already acknowledged and are working towards fixing them and/ or adding certain changes.

Have to ask, anyone else having trouble seeing during night time? Got a bunch of night missions (story) in a row and I can't see a damn thing. I even cranked up the brightness but it's still dark as hell.
Get a torch.
Problem solved.

Tigranes

Arcane
Just a tiny bit of Gamma and I could see things just fine - but apparently you've already played with it?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Yeah I used a torch, and yes with the gamma. I'm thinking the game maybe change my gamma on my screen somehow. I know it sounds weird as shit, but I just notice the screen is really dark.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Combat with really high level enemies is awfully tiring, especially ones with shields. High level enemies like Ulrich the Knight who is in a quest later on almost never attack you, rarely giving you a opening and if you attack first they just perfect block and riposte/counterattack which you can't block.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
do we know when they will fix the quests that break the game? house of god like I mentioned earlier and bird in a hand which I had no troubles with but affected others...

Codex Year of the Donut
when I turn the gamma all the way up it looks like daytime at night

Codex Year of the Donut
Combat with really high level enemies is awfully tiring, especially ones with shields. High level enemies like Ulrich the Knight who is in a quest later on almost never attack you, rarely giving you a opening and if you attack first they just perfect block and riposte/counterattack which you can't block.
step 1. acquire bow
step 2. backpedal like a champion while filling his face full of arrows and watching him unable to hit you because poor AI

imweasel

I hunted an Elk. The guy was nice enough to just continue grazing while I shot him with enough arrows to kill him. That is even worse than the lethargic hares that don't move a single inch while you are shooting arrows directly over their heads. This fucking game. :lol:

It is hard to believe that I can enjoy such a shitty, buggy and unfinished game with really lame RPG mechanics. I guess its originality, atmosphere and setting is what makes it interesting and enjoyable to play.

Tigranes

Arcane

Fighting the dude now and he attacks me plenty, it is a big challenge for me though since I'm usually terrible at this kind of actiony combat.

PrettyDeadman

I hunted an Elk. The guy was nice enough to just continue grazing while I shot him with enough arrows to kill him. That is even worse than the lethargic hares that don't move a single inch while you are shooting arrows directly over their heads. This fucking game. :lol:

It is hard to believe that I can enjoy such a shitty, buggy and unfinished game with really lame RPG mechanics. I guess its originality, atmosphere and setting is what makes it interesting and enjoyable to play.
It might be shitty, buggy and unfinished, but its by far a better game which is more stable and feature-complete than all of its competition.
I don't even think its that origianl. But having rich source material (real world history/culture) helps them to avoid padding the game with samey draugr caves or abandoned buildings with supermutants and place more interesting content instead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom