Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah the game just has "something". It's not great on anything imo ,except maybe the music and sound in general, but it has so much atmosphere and character that it keeps me interested (even when I lose 20 minutes of progress because I didn't have Schnapps :argh:)

Volken

Scholar
And this trend will continue, this is what we should expect from the new generation of games, shitty open world games easily exploitable with little to no challenge and of course every single one of them will come with it's own little community of rabid fans defending every single flaw and preach like Jesus Christ just shot a big load down their throat.

It's more janky than Elex but I guess it sold way better so there is a hope for way more polished sequel.

Volken

Scholar
Just saw some Cuman faces in a video. They don't look "white". Fake news.
Cuman faces:
fCe2kG3.jpg

Poles are apparently not impressed, terrible sales (everyone still plaing Witcher?).
SHAME on Poland. Fuck this retarded country :/
Poland median wages are inferior to french wellfare, would be surprising if they buy any games at full european price.

That's why France has been recently conquered by Cumans I guess.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah the game just has "something". It's not great on anything imo ,except maybe the music and sound in general, but it has so much atmosphere and character that it keeps me interested (even when I lose 20 minutes of progress because I didn't have Schnapps :argh:)
BTW, when you are out of a timed quest, who would ever need schnapps? Sleep for one hour and your game is saved.

Edit: fixed my spelling error <3

Shadenuat

Arcane
You can't do circles around them and supposedly headshot them. Go on try it in the game,i challenge you.
Nah, enemies are vulnerable to bow. Some (especially ones with spears and during ambushes) can just bum rush you like berserkers and staby stab you. But others may hold their swords in their rising bull position waiting for fair duel while you release the string point blank into their face.

Also, bow is just too powerful. I understand you can shoot recurved cuman bow literally point blank and it should do damage, but I would have lowered it's power and made plate armored enemies just outright immune to arrows, really. Keep it for hunting and as an option against unarmored scum.

The brutality and chaos of melee and armored combat, however, I'd say developers nailed almost perfectly, in some sense.

I just can't enjoy games with broken AI, wonky combat mechanics
You should search for some different genre than RPGs then.

Where do I even begin? Should I start explaining that people always bitch about AI because it's the hardest thing to do right in the game, or point out that KCD actually first game in a long time that has at least some IDEA behind it's fencing system and protection (armor) compared to other RPGs that, basically, have no fencing system in them at all? (like Dark Souls, which just has weapons with predetermined attacks and that's all; and since most other stuff in DS is good, people only can bitch about AI & bosses and clipping and shit)

I'd rather not. I'll just continue to play.

Last edited:

Trashos

Arcane
I can't believe how good this game is. I'd say it might be even better than gothic 2 and fallout new vegas.
The best non-isometric rpg by far.

What is it that makes it better than those 2, in your view?

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The guards in Thief, a game made two decades ago, have more realistic responses than the guards in this game.
You're talking about old game where you could club every guard trying to search for first clubbed guard, then put all of their 20 bodies in one room and lock them there. And it was a level-based game without friendly NPCs.

The AI is retarded but not out of boundaries of what is tolerable in a big game like this.

I'm talking about the old game where, when guards saw a knocked out or dead guard on the floor they would react to it and raise an alarm then commence searching for the culprit. The game made 20 years ago.

Which is exactly how they behave in this game as well. I've been stealth killing my way through all of the bandit camps and if you don't hide the bodies, the other bandits will react. If you make too much noise they will react and once suspicion is raised, people will raise the alarm awaken all the npcs in the area and go forming search parties. Even without making noise npcs will get up in the middle of the night to get something to eat.

I mean the AI isn't groundbreaking by any means, but it is in no way inferior to any other 3d open world game I played and definitely better than Skyrim and sorts. So I have no idea why there is so much complaining going on. Maybe it is just an expectation bias because it is a slave game so it has to be jank

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
And this trend will continue, this is what we should expect from the new generation of games, shitty open world games easily exploitable with little to no challenge and of course every single one of them will come with it's own little community of rabid fans defending every single flaw and preach like Jesus Christ just shot a big load down their throat.

It's more janky than Elex but I guess it sold way better so there is a hope for way more polished sequel.

If it's on the same engine, there's no hope for that, Cryengine is notorious for it's terrible AI and no amount of tweaking is going to make it a passable experience, modders have tried and they all failed. Hell not even Crytek coudn't make their shitty shoters work properly because the AI was just pure garbage, if the creators of the engine can't make a shoter work where does that leave Warhorse?

Nyast

Cipher
I think I answered 'wrongly' in that dialogue, hence instead of looking for Simon the quest has me look for Skalitz Priest in Sasau. So the Johanka quest is stuck on 'Find father Simon' with the marker on the Rovna villager who won't talk to me anymore, and the villager's own quest is stuck on the Sasau priest who won't talk to me. Can you tell me where Simon is, and maybe I can jig things up that way?

IIRC he's been captured by a bandit in the top-left most forest corner of the map, above Skalitz, along a river near a cliff.

Volken

Scholar
You can't do circles around them and supposedly headshot them. Go on try it in the game,i challenge you.
Nah, enemies are vulnerable to bow. Some (especially ones with spears and during ambushes) can just bum rush you like berserkers and staby stab you. But others may hold their swords in their rising bull position waiting for fair duel while you release the string point blank into their face.

Also, bow is just too powerful. I understand you can shoot recurved cuman bow literally point blank and it should do damage, but I would have lowered it's power and made plate armored enemies just outright immune to arrows, really.

Where do I even begin? Should I start explaining that people always bitch about AI because it's the hardest thing to do right in the game, or point out that KCD actually first game in a long time that has at least some IDEA behind it's fencing system and protection (armor) compared to other RPGs that, basically, have no fencing system in them at all? (like Dark Souls, which just has weapons with predetermined attacks and that's all; and since most other stuff in DS is good, people only can bitch about AI & bosses and clipping and shit)

What? DS has actually working combat system compared to KCD. It has parries, blocking and various interesting movesets with working "combos". Spacing is important and stamina usage system vs armor weight is actually working. Saying it has no "fencing" system is plainly retarded. KCD did poor mans job trying to copy For Honor combat system. :decline:

I dare to say DS is better medieval rpg than KCD, except horses ofc. But fuck it.

(Bless you beauthiful Hideaka Miyazaki for everything you have done to us humans.)

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah the game just has "something". It's not great on anything imo ,except maybe the music and sound in general

Music, sound, environment design, writing, characters, plot, cutscenes, systems. Hopefully the AI will be great in a year or so, right now it's a fun space full of potential. Bugs and glitches will be gone eventually, they're not even an issue in the grand scheme of things.

Shitty things that'll remain shitty - most of the NPCs will always looks ugly and most of the lipsync and animation will stay stuck in 2005. Some of the shockingly ugly low-res textures and assets due to meagre console RAM. Bud most importantly - due to Vavra's pigheadedness the game will always stay in 1st person. When I imagine what Warhorse could've done with a third person realistic sword combat I'm getting hard.

KCD did poor mans job trying to copy For Honor combat system. :decline:

Well that's clearly retarded since their lead designer began working on the combat before Ubisoft even knew what For Honor is but you're forgiven for your cluelessness. Plus the KCD combat is an order of magnitude more complex than DS - it's physics based instead of pre-animated, there are about 40 hit spots all across enemy bodies with different damage/defense values instead of just one, there are different damage and defense types (blunt - plate, slash - cloth, pierce - chain).

That said - first person melee combat will be always derpy and inferior to 3rd person (until proper VR that is).

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
What? DS has actually working combat system
Yes, it has COMBAT system, because it's a game about combat.

But it doesn't have FENCING system.

dare to say DS is better medieval rpg than KCD, except horses ofc. But fuck it.

(Bless you beauthiful Hideaka Miyazaki for everything you have done to us humans.)
Oh ffs now I understand why some people hate soulsfags.

Mortmal

Arcane
Just saw some Cuman faces in a video. They don't look "white". Fake news.
Cuman faces:
fCe2kG3.jpg

Poles are apparently not impressed, terrible sales (everyone still plaing Witcher?).
SHAME on Poland. Fuck this retarded country :/
Poland median wages are inferior to french wellfare, would be surprising if they buy any games at full european price.

That's why France has been recently conquered by Cumans I guess.

You are wrong ,France was not invaded, those nice people were invited in by our democraticaly elected leaders the few last decades. It's the sovereign will of the people as proven multiple time by elections , people thirsty for diversity and enrichment. Not invaders but honored guests, thats why we treat them better than our own, retired people or unemployed ones.Pro tip, if you want to start some refugee protection association or business in France you will be drowning in cash and flooded by subsidies.Also young cuties will come help for free.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah the game just has "something". It's not great on anything imo ,except maybe the music and sound in general

Music, sound, environment design, writing, characters, plot, cutscenes, systems. Hopefully the AI will be great in a year or so, right now it's a fun space full of potential. Bugs and glitches will be gone eventually, they're not even an issue in the grand scheme of things.

Shitty things that'll remain shitty - most of the NPCs will always looks ugly and most of the lipsync and animation will stay stuck in 2005. Some of the shockingly ugly low-res textures and assets due to meagre console RAM. Bud most importantly - due to Vavra's pigheadedness the game will always stay in 1st person. When I imagine what Warhorse could've done with a third person realistic sword combat I'm getting hard.
Hey that's actually really correct. The game would improve a lot in third person, I agree

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Also, bow is just too powerful. I understand you can shoot recurved cuman bow literally point blank and it should do damage, but I would have lowered it's power and made plate armored enemies just outright immune to arrows, really.

What? DS has actually working combat system compared to KCD. It has parries, blocking and various interesting movesets with working "combos". Spacing is important and stamina usage system vs armor weight is actually working. Saying it has no "fencing" system is plainly retarded. KCD did poor mans job trying to copy For Honor combat system. :decline:

I dare to say DS is better medieval rpg than KCD, except horses ofc. But fuck it.

I wouldn't call rolling around in the dirt like a monkey a fencing system.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire

So did Mount&Blade, an archaic game made more than ten years ago and still has a better feel to it's combat system than this pile of shit will ever dream for.

Should have posted a video where the players actually know how to play and can feint and chamber.

Volken

Scholar

dare to say DS is better medieval rpg than KCD, except horses ofc. But fuck it.

Oh ffs now I understand why some people hate soulsfags.

It's not a game focused only on combat. It has marvelous world building, deep plot with lots of twists and complex lore. It's more an rpg than KCD aka "Bohemian Shit Throwing Adventure (tm)" where the only story highlight people talk about is fucking bitches with a retarded priest. Souls lore compared is as fucking deep as an Cthulhus Ocean. Don't get me started on Bloodborne lore.

DS doesn't need a nerdy fencing system that tries to mimic archaic medieval warfare becuse it has magic, muthafucka.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom