Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
That line Theresa delivers when she comes to the rescue of Henry - "Hey, you goatfuckers!" or whatever the fuck it was...
Yeah, pretty cringe.

The DLC makes it worse, because apparently she didn't know Talmberg Knights were coming
The DLC has put that scene into good context, actually. Who cares about the knights? I had just stealth killed like 50 cumans and headshot another 30; of course she wouldn't be scared of some bandits. If anything, they were lucky - had the knights not chased them off, they'd all have gotten sniped.
She's completely given in to despair and suicidal ideation at that point, there is no presumption of saving Henry (she approaches them unarmed), just dying with some form of dignity.

SlamDunk

Arcane
https://kutnohorsky.denik.cz/zpravy...-pocitacova-hra-centrum-filmari-25012024.html

Google translate said:
The filmmakers filmed in the center of Kutná Hora. They were taking footage for a computer game

Residents of Kutná Hora may have encountered a filmmaker in the city center in recent days. According to information from the scene, it was supposed to be footage for a computer game. Maybe even a sequel to the hit game Kingdome Come.

Filming in the center of Kutná Hora in recent days attracted the attention of the city's residents. It was filmed on Havlíčková náměstí, in Vorlíčkovy sady and in Jakubská, Ruthardská, Barborská and Pod Hrádkem streets. A discussion thread appeared on Facebook, from which it emerged that footage related to a computer game was created here. Deník also heard the same thing from around the filming.

Kutná Hora = Kuttenberg

EDIT: PDF about the filming contract between Film Hunters and the City of Kuttenberg --> https://smlouvy.gov.cz/smlouva/soubor/33652495/Smlouva o podmínkách využití exteriéru města KH pro filmové natáčení.pdf?backlink=grhfc

Google translate said:
Based on this contract, the provider will enable the user to film, including parking
film techniques of audiovisual production – KDC 2 in the following locations of the city of Kutná Hory:
Yeah, there's a typing error, but what else could that be about if not KCD 2...

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yup, that's p. much a definitive confirmation KCD2 is coming and it's probably coming soon. Meaning within a year.

IIRC during the development of the first game Vavra said cutscenes are being filmed as one of the last things of the production phase.

Wouldn't be that crazy to expect a summer announcement and winter 2025 release.

Renfri

Cipher
Oh yea, I used that too and forgot about it while using it, cos it's how it should have been in vanilla.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Picked up the Royal Edition. Any must have mods for this or is vanilla fine as is?
Try not to use the quicksave mod, it completely destroys a big chunk of the fine-tuned machinery around drinking, alchemy, exploration and making your choices matter. Just stick with the vanilla saving and eventually you'll see why they tied quicksaving to a specific consumable.

Absolutely do use the instant herb picking mod tho, a must have QoL thing.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I used only save game anytime mod, because I hate when the game limits me in this way and besides I've got shit to do and places to be IRL and not always have time to search for ingame bed.
the game lets you save and quit at any time

Cologno

Educated
Picked up the Royal Edition. Any must have mods for this or is vanilla fine as is?
Try not to use the quicksave mod, it completely destroys a big chunk of the fine-tuned machinery around drinking, alchemy, exploration and making your choices matter. Just stick with the vanilla saving and eventually you'll see why they tied quicksaving to a specific consumable.

Absolutely do use the instant herb picking mod tho, a must have QoL thing.
Also you get skill XP for picking herbs up that'll contribute to shit like botany or herbalist or whatever it's called. There's a mod that'll increase the pickup radius, but while it's convenient to collect 50 pounds of plants in one go, I think you only get Xp for one grab.

goregasm

Scholar
Definitely none needed. I do use a number of mods just to make it a bit more interesting to me though. Mostly about nerfing the economy, hud and carry weight.

The save system is fine in HC mode, it's not terribly hard to get around but understand why people want to use regular saves.

Worth a go with vanilla to see if there is something you want changed.

The mods I use:

Better combat and immersion compilation (I don't use the combat module though)

No longer civ
Mutt be quiet
Mount and alchemy free camera
Less prbslavitz income
Alms for beggers
Fishing
Service prices
Food redone
Sim camping (decent alternative to quick save mods)
Ghost hud
Cooking calduron turn off smoke, stop flickering
Early bird NPC schedules

A few mods that have been deleted too mostly due to some autistic modder drama

StrongBelwas

Savant
Patron
Embracer is apparently going after for the most part risky bets/early bets/projects that are both(NuDeus Ex being definitely early, who knows about risky.) Kingdom Come is a proven hit series and it should be well in development unless something went spectacularly wrong or they decided to totally shift direction.
I would be more concerned that they rush the game out and try to DLC/Patch the inevitable problems away than it getting cancelled (Although it's been six years, who knows maybe some people would rather it just release at this point.)

EDIT: Also, Warhorse's location probably helps a lot to keep the costs/risk down.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
NuDeus Ex being definitely early, who knows about risky
The difference is the last Deus Ex was one of the most high-profile flops while KCD 1 was one of the most spectacular successes of its kind.

So you're right. Even tho this is no guarantee the next Deus Ex would flop too or the next KCD would succeed again, it's all about perceived risks for Embracer.

thesecret1

Arcane
Embracer is going all in on KCD 2 – it's meant to be their flagship title. There is exactly zero chance of it being cancelled.

But God help Warhorse if if doesn't perform to expectations. I expect KCD2 will come out eventually. I'm less sure about KCD3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom