Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Beowulf

Arcane
Stand perpendicular to the ladder. It works.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
One of the great moments in open world RPG gaming -- sleep with prostitutes to raise your charisma > convince, on moral grounds, religious minorities to hide from persecution

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
WTF!?

I trained with wooden swords for about 45 min in the arena at the beginning of the story (after the prologue) and I have already lvl. 14 in Defence, 7 in Warfare, 9 Sword, 8 Strength??
What is the level cap for skills?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
WTF!?

I trained with wooden swords for about 45 min in the arena at the beginning of the story (after the prologue) and I have already lvl. 14 in Defence, 7 in Warfare, 9 Sword, 8 Strength??

agris

Arcane
Patron
WTF!?

Yeah, you done fucked up.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The first 10 hours of this game are absolutely underwhelming mechanics wise. Bethesda's railroaded decline in full effect. Todd must be very envious right now.

10 hours?? Nonsense. It should only take 2-3 hours to complete the prologue. After that you’re on your own—you don’t need to immediately go see Radzig and start the next couple of time sensitive main quests.

The similarities to TES are only skin deep. Honestly, even the bad things about KCD, like the early railroading, are totally unlike Bethesda’s “go anywhere, do anything” sandboxes.

GoG Galaxy says I've been playing this for 3h38m. Admittedly, I did leave the game running for a bit to go grab a pizza, but Jesus Christ, this is one of the worst starts to a game I've ever seen. Not even Oblivion was this bad. All I did in all this time was to follow a marker that took me from one cutscene to another. This is not how you do a game's opening for fuck's sake.

It also failed with the plot hook. I don't fucking care about Henry's parents. It was shit 20 years ago when BG told me to care about Gorion and then Imoen, it was shit 3 years ago when Twitcher told me to care about Ciri, it's shit now. I don't fucking care about some random NPCs that I only interacted with to get sent on a fucking Fed Ex quest. I'm already motivated to play your fucking game, I payed 60 bucks for it. That right there is my motivation. So let me play the game and don't feed me some sob story about lost parents and burned hometowns because it means jack shit to me. Here's a better plot hook: the nobles are fucking each other, you're a mercenary, have a sword, go kill shit, make money, have fun. You want to slap a story to this later, fine, but don't make me go through the length of a feature film before I get to the fucking gameplay.

There are far, far fewer cutscenes once you finish the tutorial and the credits roll.

Anyway, it’s not like they hid the ball on this stuff. If you expected KCD to be light on cinematics and light on story, you weren’t paying attention.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Smejki, I have encountered an infinite loading screen after the
interrogation of the prisoner in Merhojed. I did this in this order: I went to the monastery, helped Johanna, gave the antidote to the locals in Merhojed, investigated on the incident for Ser Divish (btw, there's a bug there where neither Zmola nor Leshek appear in the mill) and returned to Merhojed and interrogated the criminal. After the interrogation there's an infinite loading screen.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
GoG Galaxy says I've been playing this for 3h38m. Admittedly, I did leave the game running for a bit to go grab a pizza, but Jesus Christ, this is one of the worst starts to a game I've ever seen. Not even Oblivion was this bad. All I did in all this time was to follow a marker that took me from one cutscene to another. This is not how you do a game's opening for fuck's sake.

It also failed with the plot hook.

The other way around for me. Completely.

I would've never thought I'd like a monstrous prologue like that but the hook worked for me incredibly well and the cinematic cutscenes were the main reason. Plus I've watched dozens of streams and YTs and it worked wonders with people.

If the idea was to establish the world, vibe, characters and your connection to your parents in a meaningful way, they've hit a jackpot. I hated the drawn out prologues in shit like Oblivion or Skyrim but that was bc Bethesda's writing and characters are a complete joke. My brain cancer infested budgie would do a better job. The KCD prologue though...I was blown away.

Excellent. Time to push on then. :dealwithit:
Don't bro. Wait at least a few days for patch 1.3, or better yet a few weeks for 1.4, and play the game the way it's supposed to work.

Lycra Suit

Prophet
Possibly Retarded
Overly long prologues don't help replayability. In a game that prides itself on different outcomes that's a poor fit. Granted the opposite is the end up like pillars of eternity where it was difficult to care about the central story because it was so poorly introduced.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
The prologue is fantastic. It feeds the plot hook well, explains the setting, teaches you the mechanics, introduces all of the main actors, and it does it all on a fun-sized part of the map that's actually fairly open. "Oh but I don't care about revenge" - nobody cares when they start the game, that's why there's all the cut scenes to make you care.

WTF!?

Yeah, you done fucked up.

If the lvl cap is 20, the game is fucked up.

- Guise, the leveling system sucks.
- Why.
- I just spend an hour metagaming the skills and ruined my game.
:what:

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Sheba's sword is just broken unfortunately.
How so? I'l gladly forward any report

The oft remarked point where you can only get the Pickman piece through the quest aquarius, so if you pick up the quest for Sheba's after you complete Aquarius it's uncompletable. I assume it's been reported 20 times, it's one of the most common broken quest issues since it's relatively earlygame compared to the others.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Sheba's sword is just broken unfortunately.
How so? I'l gladly forward any report

The oft remarked point where you can only get the Pickman piece through the quest aquarius, so if you pick up the quest for Sheba's after you complete Aquarius it's uncompletable. I assume it's been reported 20 times, it's one of the most common broken quest issues since it's relatively earlygame compared to the others.

He replied to me and said there are 6 pieces and you only need 5, so the one Pickman has is not necessary.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom