Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

a cut of domestic sheep prime

whar happen if they discover hears of iron?
they probably just larp that america's army is 90% niggers.

imweasel

No. The game doesn't seem to pay much attention to armor, i.e. damage intake scales accordingly to whatever you are wearing (armor level).
From what i have seen,the armour is for damage reduction and if you get hurt depends on the stamina. If you have stamina you take very little damage,if you don't a magical combo could kill you. Having stamina makes you a tank,until the enemy beat it out of you.
With high armor you only take stamina damage (until you run out of stamina, of course), with (very) low armor you take stamina damage and little to no health damage. Wearing very light armor is the way to go, because that bulky shit is just a hassle and slows you down inside and outside of combat. It is also a huge pain in the ass to take it off to sneak, because the inventory UI was imported directly from hell (i.e. copied directly from master "RPG" maker Bethesda)

All I am wearing is a brigadine, dark pants, dark shirt, leather gloves, a felt hat and silent shoes. Add the completely retarded AI™ on top of that and enemies can't even touch me. I have some super realistic™ magic potions that increase vitality, stamina, DPS and so on, but I never need to use those either.

All u cunts who pirated it seem to have the bugs. Enjoy.
Nah. Even the pirates are running version 1.2.5. You can download all five released patches on warez sites.

KCD needed another month or two (or three or six) in the oven just to fix bugs. Everybody is complaining that KCD is a buggy mess because it is a buggy mess.

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Nah. Even the pirates are running version 1.2.5. You can download all five released patches on warez sites.
Just because you can download a patch, doesn't mean most people do.
KCD needed another month or two (or three or six) in the oven just to fix bugs. Everybody is complaining that KCD is a buggy mess because it is a buggy mess.
I've encountered a few bugs/glitches, but nothing game breaking.

It could have used more time in the oven, but it's perfectly playable.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
MOTHER FUCKING HENRY'S COME TO SEE US!

It's almost on the same level as "Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter".

You know, at first, I was completely into larping Henry as a nice guy, but later on I just started sneaking up behind people, knocking them out and taking their stuff.

Not everyone, just people who piss me off. Like the knight who challenged me to a duel (btw, go for his sword, it's worth 2.5k) or the mercenary who fights me for a messily 50 coin.

Also, the stealth kill perk enables me to sneak up to random bandit camps and murder everyone while they sleep, leaving their gear undamaged.

I've got around 10k gold now, a noble sword, noble shoes and clothes (I robbed Hans while he was in the bath).

ThugLife.jpg

Now to find something to spend it on :)
Well, I saw quite a few high quality armor sets in Sasau that cost a fortune. Enough to bankrupt me even at this point. And I'd imagine maintaining them would also be costly.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
You know, at first, I was completely into larping Henry as a nice guy, but later on I just started sneaking up behind people, knocking them out and taking their stuff.

Not everyone, just people who piss me off. Like the knight who challenged me to a duel (btw, go for his sword, it's worth 2.5k) or the mercenary who fights me for a messily 50 coin.

Also, the stealth kill perk enables me to sneak up to random bandit camps and murder everyone while they sleep, leaving their gear undamaged.

I've got around 10k gold now, a noble sword, noble shoes and clothes (I robbed Hans while he was in the bath).

I feel they've underestimated the penalties for stealing. I heard the devs a while ago saying they want realistic NPC loot, meaning no random drops. Whatever an NPC has you can take. Immediately I thought "oh boy that's gonna be a bitch to balance". And sure enough, if you can easily knock out a high-level knight and take all his gear worth 10k that's bad. It's way more retarded than having "unrealistic" random drops.

Geckabor

Savant
Actually one thing I thought all the "LARPing" stuff like clothes/armor maintenance, food, washing yourself would have a positive effect on is the economy, but after the early game the few groschen you need to pay for this stuff becomes irrelevant.

DoomIhlVaria

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm feeling weirdly satisfied by the number of lawful arrests this game allows. It's a nice change of pace from most games where every confrontation just ends in murder. It makes me feel like Henry may not be a total psychopath.

imweasel

I already stopped roleplaying Henry. I am just treating KCD as a game and doing all of the activities it has to offer as the master of everything. I am murdering every bandit I see, desecrating graves, robbing people blind and so on. Zero consequences and zero reactivity as of yet. Maybe I will get a bad ending or something for being a prick, but I somehow doubt it.

It is also quite convenient. I don't have bother to collect and sell gear for cash anymore (and fight with the inventory UI from hell), because I can rob all of the merchants at night for every single penny they have.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
If you have freezes check this out: https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/133?tab=description

Testing now.

Also someone (no, not me) has made a seemingly promising realism mod:
https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/162

Testing that as well.

Ok, the freeze fix works for me so far, but as others have said, framerate can be very inconsistent and the game does not handle that terribly well.

The realism mod (I used to "realistic" version) makes fights against multiple at least somewhat-armored opponents (like Cumans) an unbelievable chore unless you cheese.
If you use a polearm you can't sprint, and their damage is now far too low to do anything. You can't hit guys enough to deplete their stamina to finally be able to damage them. A.I. is more aggressive in it, enemies will attack in pairs, sort of, with the side one running up to you often and attacking you from out of your fov. Nice in theory, but you can't do much about it (again, no cheesing used).
There's a version without the increased armor effectiveness, maybe that would help some. I don't know why the author increased the armor effectiveness AND nerfed the weapons (I think he disabled the stat growth bonuses).

It made me realize that the "no damage if you have stamina left" system in the game is kind of crap tbh. If you hit a guy and get through or past his armor, he should be hurt. Same for you. Otherwise armor in the game sort of doesn't really matter until you are out of stamina... But then you still take damage even if you are in full plate and getting attacked by some cheapo weapon.

I'll have to look into disabling that stamina = no damage crap.

Another realization from the mod: The system is just not suited to fighting multiple foes (assuming they actually act together and attack you, as they will with this mods' a.i.) at all if you play as intended by the devs. The sticky targeting is such shit.

The mod author has other versions of the mod (without crazy armor for example) so maybe I should try those next.

But the more I play the more I dislike the combat system and how it limits your freedom of movement and aiming.

On the upside, I can now recommend the game more for people worried about the freezes, as the fix works!

Nael

Arcane
I'm feeling weirdly satisfied by the number of lawful arrests this game allows. It's a nice change of pace from most games where every confrontation just ends in murder. It makes me feel like Henry may not be a total psychopath.

Exactly. It is historically accurate in that the State should be left to execute homeless people for stealing a loaf of moldy bread.

Arulan

Cipher
Okay, I have to share this story.

On my search for Timmy, I was confronted with bandits from the Camp, but I managed to convince them that I'd heard he was holed up in Rattay. This was bullshit of course. They left one of their own to watch me just in case, but once the rest were long gone, I threw him in a ditch.

I found Timmy and learned what he knew about the location of the camp, despite him being drunk at the time. I was supposed to return to Sir Radzig and inform him of what I had learned, but I decided to take care of a few things first. I returned to Rattay, and continued in the life of Henry.

A day or two had passed since then. This is where it gets interesting. I was in Rattay, and decided to stop by the tavern for a game of dice. As I'm about to enter I see something odd. Two bandits are sitting at a table, and across from them is... the leader of the group who confronted me behind the windmill! They're here, where I had convinced them to go. I decide to wait up upon the hill to the upper castle and see what they do. It was already pretty late ~11PM, and they'd have to close up the tavern soon.

Eventually the two bandits started to leave. I lost track of where the leader had gone, but I decided to follow these two. I keep my distance to make sure they don't see me. As they're walking out of Rattay, and in the direction of the miller, I have the brief thought that maybe they had found out where I lived, and were on their way to find me. But no, they continued up north. I continue to follow behind them (walking) for hours, in total an entire day of in-game time. I didn't have much food on me, so I'm having to look around for mushrooms to keep me from starving. Luckily I was well-rested at the start.

It doesn't take long for me to realize where these bandits are heading. We're at Rovna now, and beginning to go north in the woods.

379430_201802230421064yp3m.png

At at least two points along the path, there is a Cuman warrior watching over the road. I had to find a way to sneak around without losing sight of the bandits.

379430_20180223042436exprv.png

Eventually this leads right to the Camp!

379430_20180223042946mfrqu.png

This attention to detail, and the logical consistency of the world led to one of the best experiences I've had with the game. It wasn't led to by quest markers, or even much of a formal quest to speak of. It just happened to be the logical outcome of a previous action that I had taken, and me being aware of the context to follow them all this way.

Elex

Arbiter

Exactly. It is historically accurate in that the State should be left to execute homeless people for stealing a loaf of moldy bread.
well it’s all about from who you steal.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Okay, I have to share this story.
As with majority of this game it's great when it works, not so much when it doesn't. As for me - I rent a room in tavern outside Rattay. Innkeeper says I have the room for myself, so I go there to read a book. Just as I sit on the bed some fucking granny comes in and takes of her clothes...

Yeah I know it's the AI putting the clothes in the nearest(?) box but still... I like the game and find those bugs rather hilarious, and it's great that AI does shit like taking off clothes before sleep, or even actually going to sleep, wash, eat etc,. but it's rather out of control, because it's choice of places is rather wild. Half the tavern sleeps in the barn. Town guards sleep in various people's houses. Nobody has the keys for half the coffers you find (the very hard ones).

Last edited:

Seethe

Arbiter
I've been thinking about 'limited saves' aspect.
It *does* make the game more fun in the long run (CTDs notwithstanding), but they really dropped the ball on implementation.
'Saviour schnapps'? Fucking really? It is DUMB and there is no denying that.
Saves in KCD actually aren't limited at all. You can brew saviour schnapps by the barrel and the ingredients can be found in abundance, so you can essentially save as much as you want and it costs nothing. The developers just decided to punish the player until he figures that out, which is indeed pretty dumb.

It's not punishing, it's how they artifcially lengthen the game, a lot of the ''features'' are pretty basic and fluff worthy, far cry from the ''hardcore'' some folks yell around here. The game would be hilariously short if they didn't had this kind of padding.

Once again, spot on analysis. If this game was made by anyone else, codex would be shitting all over it. It's crazy how retarded this game and everyone who likes it is, isn't it? It's like a 5 hour walking and fetching simulator got popular only because Vavra said some shit. Idiots should be playing DS instead.

KCD is an RPG that sold better than an overdone piece of shit FPS game called Wolfenstein, bruh. Fantastic hill to die on right there, it means the game is good. It's even better than No Man's Sky, which really shovels the coal in my brain train. How could they achieve this feat? They should just make the nazis in Wolfenstein win next time, then the series will finally be great again. :smug:

imweasel

Go into a shop. Close the door to the show room so that merchant can't see what you are doing in his storage and living quarters. Then rob him blind. Works every time!

:kwafuckyeah:

PorkBarrellGuy

Go into a shop. Close the door to the show room so that merchant can't see what you are doing in his storage and living quarters. Then rob him blind. Works every time!

At least it's not as retarded as putting a bucket over a merchant's head with no protest whatsoever on the merchant's part.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.

At least it's not as retarded as putting a bucket over a merchant's head with no protest whatsoever on the merchant's part.

That's only because you can't even move the buckets...

Elex

Arbiter

That's only because you can't even move the buckets...
but npc can.
double standard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom