Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News King Arthur: Knight's Tale getting undead Roman Empire Legion IX expansion in early 2024

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
There was a book by Karl E. Wagner (the one of "Kane" series fame) under the title: "Bran Mak Morn: Legion from the Shadows". Based/inspired on a less known series of short stories by R. E. Howard about late/post-Roman Britain. There is a "lost" roman legion in the book, not strictly "undead" but it isn't fully human anymore either. Probably a coincidence, the idea isn't that original.

Edit: The book was bad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legio_IX_Hispana

They even made a dumb movie about it:

Serus

Arcane
Patron
There was a book by Karl E. Wagner (the one of "Kane" series fame) under the title: "Bran Mak Morn: Legion from the Shadows". Based/inspired on a less known series of short stories by R. E. Howard about late/post-Roman Britain. There is a "lost" roman legion in the book, not strictly "undead" but it isn't fully human anymore either. Probably a coincidence, the idea isn't that original.

Edit: The book was bad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legio_IX_Hispana

They even made a dumb movie about it:

I actually like to watch "bad movies" from time to time. - if they are so bad to be hilarious. Or have actually some great ideas just with cheap effects and bad acting. Perhaps i'll try it. Unfortunately the best era for bad movies - especially fantasy ones - are the 80s. 2014? Even bad movies can be worse because of decline.
However i'm not sure how it invalidates what i said. Wagner was possibly inspired by the same story/legend.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Arthur does fight an Army of 100,000 Romans with like 20k knights and wins.

Undead legion sounds kinda neat.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
However i'm not sure how it invalidates what i said.

You essentially pondered whether someone who made a game about flatbread with ham and cheese mayhap were inspired by Pizza Hut
Your comparison of a fantasy computer game and a pulp fantasy writer to food is... wow. I really am not sure if it's brilliance, madness or poetry.

Yes I pondered, although I didn't think it was probable - which you would know had you read my post as a Pizza Hut connoisseur would. However I should still wonder if they got the idea from some other pulp culture source or from reading historical works. For all we know they might have been inspired by that death metal song Darth had posted earlier. That song really feels like flatbread with ham to me, not sure about cheese. :obviously:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
However i'm not sure how it invalidates what i said.

You essentially pondered whether someone who made a game about flatbread with ham and cheese mayhap were inspired by Pizza Hut
Your comparison of a fantasy computer game and a pulp fantasy writer to food is... wow. I really am not sure if it's brilliance, madness or poetry.

I'd call it a joke, but it is a free country mostly censorshipless forum so I guess you can call it what you want

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom