Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Should do a Codex one saying it's for the servers and integrating new feminist critique, then stage some fake trolls, then reap the rewards.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1780208966/freeport-the-city-of-adventure-for-the-pathfinder

Freeport: The City of Adventure for the Pathfinder RPG​

Freeport is one of the classic RPG city settings and we want to give it the deluxe treatment in a new 512 page sourcebook. Aaarrrrrr!​

We want to make a 512-page full color hardback for our Freeport city setting. It will include new locations, new NPCs, new monsters, and new adventures, powered by cutting edge Pathfinder rules.​

Note that while some of the PDF rewards are for older Freeport books that used the 3.5 d20 rules, Freeport: The City of Adventure, The Player's Guide to Freeport, and the Return to Freeport adventure series are all being done with Pathfinder rules.​

For the PnP and Pathfinder fags. Asking for 50K. At 30K and only 7 days to go. I thought some of the art was pretty fucking sweet. <3

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
am I too cynical if I think it's fake? honestly, I think it's some dude. no video, no voice. just text.
Glad so see I was right.
But damn. A multimillionaire. She's one cold, calculating bitch. The kind you should marry. If you've seen Homeland, I imagine her as the VP's wife. Career-booster extraordinaire.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Well I just saw this website that has a list of everything wrong about that 9 year old kickstarter. https://kickstarterscam.jottit.com/ Also RPG Maker camp is seriously a thing? Really? Send your kid to a $800 course to learn how to use a $70 program that will be replaced once you learn how to use almost any other engine is now a thing. Ugh.

Stabwound

Arcane
It dropped almost $1000 since I looked at it a few hours ago. :smug:

This might not get out of hand afterall. People are pleding $1 just to troll the comments. :smug:

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wow. This mother is willing to exploit gender issues and throw her two sons under the bus to make a quick buck? Shameful.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
If they don't take these down as soon as they are reported, they are going to be labelled Scamstarter and the good times will be over.

Stabwound

Arcane
:yeah:

EOe0uCo.png

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Why haven't they closed it though?

Don't they get 10% or something? I'm sure it'll take a little more outrage before they divest themselves of a few thousand bucks. Of course, since Kickstarter has exploded this last year or so I'm sure a drop in the bucket of their bottom line.

Grimlorn

Arcane
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105...ear-old-girls-kickstarter-project...and-lose/
Shitty journalist says he contacted Kickstarter and they said it was ok because a game would be produced from it. Basically kickstarter is ok with it. They could have posted this on kickstarter at some point. Instead this has kind of gotten out of control with all the drama. Susan Wilson is also to blame since she just ignored any questions and concerns about the kickstarter. People are really pissed off now. Her friends and supporters have been insulting people all over the kickstarter comments, too.

I didn't report the kickstarter, but I actually asked a question about it whether it was against the rules, and my question was marked solved without an answer. I reopened it and it hasn't been solved or replied to yet.

She's also playing up the death threat angle even though no one really threatened her, they were just pissed because she comes off as a scammer. Link to "threats"
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/490759/posts/436997/image-230472-full.jpg?1364234112

Grimlorn

Arcane
Time to start a kickstarter for hookers and blow and creating a 5-minute game in RPGMaker.
Just find a little girl's picture and talk about how mean and sexist boys are to her. Women will be lining up to give their money away.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom