Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kenshi - open-ended sandbox RPG set in a desert world

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I don't remember how looks like my first gameplay, but I remember my last - I started with nothing, as a robot, in the middle of desert. Praying to god of the universe I avoided all monsters, then I come to town. I worked hard with copper, but it was too distanced from city and there were many bugs. Then I found new city, with close copper. I spend many days and night on mining. I bought home. I bought furniture. I trained in battle. Finally, I bought my first slave (I called him Bob). We went on expedition to the north. We hadn't many things to trade, so we went even further, full of hope and believe in future. Sadly, Bob died defending me from racists. They chased me after to big, hallow city, full of ruins. When crusaders lost interest I took that as for luck.

Then big crab ate me.

I'm still in grief.

MerchantKing

Learned
I don't remember how looks like my first gameplay, but I remember my last - I started with nothing, as a robot, in the middle of desert. Praying to god of the universe I avoided all monsters, then I come to town. I worked hard with copper, but it was too distanced from city and there were many bugs. Then I found new city, with close copper. I spend many days and night on mining. I bought home. I bought furniture. I trained in battle. Finally, I bought my first slave (I called him Bob). We went on expedition to the north. We hadn't many things to trade, so we went even further, full of hope and believe in future. Sadly, Bob died defending me from racists. They chased me after to big, hallow city, full of ruins. When crusaders lost interest I took that as for luck.

Then big crab ate me.

I'm still in grief.
You should've just started in rebirth. Best decision you could make in every playthrough.

MerchantKing

Learned

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Haters will claim Rebirth was a death camp. Don't believe the lies, open your third eye.

NO GAS CHAMBERS IN REBIRTH

And what with 6000000 Skeletons you robocaust denier?!
Rebirth is a gym, not a deathcamp. I purposely drop off the fleshy goyim there to get some training. That's the only reason why the Holy Nation is allowed to exist.

As like " God created Arrakis to train the faithful"?

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Haters will claim Rebirth was a death camp. Don't believe the lies, open your third eye.

Rebirth is a gym, not a deathcamp. I purposely drop off the fleshy goyim there to get some training. That's the only reason why the Holy Nation is allowed to exist.

Nice quote there! But yes they are right rebirth is special. Allows you to pratice your lock picking,stealth as well buff your strenght. If they beat you up because you fail is still points to your resistance to have. And they always heal you. So by the moment you manage to escape you have already a great set of stat to start out.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Nice quote there! But yes they are right rebirth is special. Allows you to pratice your lock picking,stealth as well buff your strenght. If they beat you up because you fail is still points to your resistance to have. And they always heal you. So by the moment you manage to escape you have already a great set of stat to start out.

You mean - when you star as a slave?

Delterius

Arcane
they are using slavery as a way to automate basic training since you don't have to pay attention and guards will heal you even if they cut off your limbs. so you can get some measure of strength, constitution and so on.

its useful for training stealth skills but tbh just surviving in bast is way better. you get to heal with a bed and you get to fight more longer than 5 seconds. plus you can carry people, doubling strength xp. there are so many enemies your con will be godly before long.

pickmeister

Learned
In my last game, I created two bros, Butch and Hutch, starting in the Rebirth camp.
They worked like fucking pack mules to get absolutely fucking jacked to the point they started fighting guards out of boredom, training their martial arts skills.
After a few weeks, they decided to simply walk out of the camp, with several others slaves that decided to tag along, after there was nobody left to slap limbs off of.
aNnmkgr.jpeg
Rebirth is definitely the best gym out there.

For real, slapping arms off enemies is the funniest shit in the game. It spoiled me to the point I don't even want to do anything else.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I ended up getting burnt out with the game, as the only thing I had left to do was finish building my base and kill Cat-Lon/King/Eyegore/etc. That being said, though my base wasn't finished, I did design some gorgeous interiors that I really need to get around to screenshotting. The level of customization you can have with the dev tool is fantastic.

MerchantKing

Learned

You should use it to train your fleshy noobies too!

La vie sexuelle

Learned

You should use it to train your fleshy noobies too!

They're expendable. Flesh is weak.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I know this will sound incredible for some of you, but I've yet to mechanize any of my flesh-based characters. I don't know why. I do have a skeleton in my crew, of course. I just... I don't know...

MerchantKing

Learned
I know this will sound incredible for some of you, but I've yet to mechanize any of my flesh-based characters. I don't know why. I do have a skeleton in my crew, of course. I just... I don't know...
I like to make sure the ladies keep their limbs while maxing dex and martial arts on them.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I like to make sure the ladies keep their limbs while maxing dex and martial arts on them.

Why you have females is action team? Their place is in throne room. As decoration.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why you have females is action team?
Shek make better martial artists than most other races, imo. And the most accessible one at the start of the game is Rane. She also has slightly better starting stats, too.

Besides... martial arts were specifically designed to be used by anyone. Men are just way more effective than women.

fuzz

Liturgist

mondblut

Arcane

Why you have females is action team? Their place is in throne room. As decoration.

Throne room. That's a funny way to call the rape shack.

MerchantKing

Learned

Gotta tone their bodies for optimal aesthetics first.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
I don't know - I played this game, created my avatar, messed around in the starting village. Soon left the village because I was looking around. Got chased by a mob! They cut off my arm! I ran to a city - the guards came out and killed the mob, then beat me down and threw me in some kind of hanging metal cage. I stopped playing. I mean, I have one arm, and I'm in prison.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom