Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kaiju Wars: Advance wars meets Into the Breach

lightbane

Arcane

Exactly what it says on the title. The game looks rough, seeing how slow it plays even with speed up animations, and the writing and art style could be better. Worse, it uses a card system. Nevertheless, I tried the demo and it seemed fun, and it's quite long to boot.

Example video below:

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I gave it a whirl today - it's fun! Any parallels with AW are relatively distant, I'd say, as this is a very much an assymetric game, with the AI behaving in a semi-deterministic way (as in, by default the monsters try to approach and attack the closest structure, but they can randomly take any of the shortest paths they have to it). Into the Breach would be a closer comparison, methinks. The art style is horrendous by design, although I couldn't help but enjoy the live action faux news shows. The card system is not really a card system in that you don't build decks - each level has a predefined pool of positive and negative events that you and AI draw from, it's just that those events are presented as cards.

Will probably form an opinion after playing a few more hours. The game is at least good enough to warrant this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom