Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Just started a new Wizardry 8 run...

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
shift-clicking switches target for all chars iirc.

DraQ

Arcane
Couple more questions: When one wants to change targets (especially in ranged combat) for the entire party, is there an easy way to do it?
Shift-click or something equally natural.

There are no Earth spells in the Mage book on spell level 1. When you hit level uh... 7(?) you can learn Web.

BTW I don't see a real reason to focus on only 1 element even with a hybrid.
Also this.
Between primary magic school and combat skills I generally avoid putting any points into elemental realm schools altogether with hybrids.

Manual is a pretty fun read, BTW.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
This only really works if you grind stealth in the monastery, which is one of these things that can suck life out of you and the game.

Wizfall

Cipher
This only really works if you grind stealth in the monastery, which is one of these things that can suck life out of you and the game.
Agree.
Don't grind stealth.
I remember i grind it with a gadgeter solo run (with 1 level of thief for stealth).
The grinding was easy but the game suck latter, i remember at high level the enemies in front of me did not even try to hit me while i was hitting them.
Like if i was invisible, totally broke the game for me to the point i never latter created a party with a stealth class character.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Little nudge needed, please.

Finished up everything I could in Arnika, rudely reminded that I can't get into the tower. Decided to head to Northern Wilderness, which is a big area. I need to make it to another settlement asap, would rather not trudge down the road to town and back again if I don't have to.

Am I in the area I should be?

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Get your ass to Trynton or Umpani Camp. You can also revisit the Monastery for some cool stuff if you have the key.

DraQ

Arcane
Little nudge needed, please.

Finished up everything I could in Arnika, rudely reminded that I can't get into the tower. Decided to head to Northern Wilderness, which is a big area. I need to make it to another settlement asap, would rather not trudge down the road to town and back again if I don't have to.

Am I in the area I should be?
Umpani Base Camp is nearby, although I wouldn't count on much trading unless you enlist.

Also, in Wiz8 there is a general direction of progression, but not a terribly strict one so it's hard to say where you should be.

Finally, this:
You can also revisit the Monastery for some cool stuff if you have the key.

Xi

Arcane

and Wizfall

I already grinded my stealth to about 75 (it' currently at 95). I got to Don Barlone and promptly got my ass handed to me (looking to get that sweet weapon).

I tried to multi-class to bishop for some of the buffing spells, but found that i was simply too weak while playing bishop to warrant it. I need to grind out about 10 of those levels (the rest Ninja) to super charge my fairie Ninja. Still, I have made great progress thus far and can walk freely in the south western portion of the map without much care.

Trynton was an interesting diversion. (I'll be back for you Mr Barlone! I want that damned wand! - And I need the Astral Dominae)

Suggestions on where I should go to grind a few levels/quest next? Currently level 12 11n/1b

Edit:

If I started over I might consider Bishop first, and then multi-class to ninja at level 10. I could even focus my stats to be Ninja ready beforehand - and mostly neglect piety/intelligence until much later.

The only issue with this is that I would not have Stealth (which helps to avoid damage early).

Suggestions?

Also, I like that there are fewer spawns and smaller mob packs when you solo (thanks devs). However, a few of the fights have been pretty tough (nothing a few potions can't solve - love you super).

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
You will have to do an insane amount of savescumming to avoid dying if you start with solo bishop. If you don't want to dualclass to bishop you can get most useful buffs via potions. You even have alchemy to help you with money, if you grind stealth, you might grind alchemy and money as well. I still don't recommend that unless you really played this game a lot and got bored with it (which is, of course, impossible).

DraQ

Arcane
You will have to do an insane amount of savescumming to avoid dying if you start with solo bishop. If you don't want to dualclass to bishop you can get most useful buffs via potions. You even have alchemy to help you with money, if you grind stealth, you might grind alchemy and money as well. I still don't recommend that unless you really played this game a lot and got bored with it (which is, of course, impossible).
I wonder how viable would solo Dracon (more durability+SP independent crowd control) bishop be.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
It would be more viable than faerie one for sure, though breath doesn't develop any skills which is a double suck for a solo run as you really need all those skills pumped up quickly. I guess that the key for all solo caster runs is getting the Staff of Doom asap.

I_am_Ian

Arbiter
Patron
I've tried a staff of doom Dracon fighter with great results. The berserking of the fighter coupled with the innate kill% and high damage output of the staff makes for a deadly melee fighter.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Those Umpani had some great stuff. I had to check several times to make sure the whole camp didn't go aggro on me after looting the entire barracks. Heading back south now, to check out the rumors of these rats and to supposedly find a 100% T'Rang item, whatever that means.

And a humble reminder: please no spoilers ITT.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Monk has stealth, which is p op. And additional instakill chance as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom