Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Josh Sawyer interviewed at Dealspwn and PCGamesN

Rake

Arcane
Fallout 3 was better than New Vegas? Did you even play the Fallout games?

Well, it did have Liam Neeson, but...
Only the first two. But my opinion doesn't count as it's "marginal". Bethesda forum's and IGN opinions are what apparently count, and F3 was well liked around those parts.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The general consesus is that Fallout 3 was a better game than New Vegas
Is it really? You have no actual data to back up your claim.

Minority voices on the internet can be quite loud.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Game journalist opinions aren't an accurate metric either.

Rake

Arcane
Game journalist opinions aren't an accurate metric either.
Care to tell us what is an accurate metric? Because it seems to me that if everything in the Internet isn't an accurate metric of anything, Sawyer's anecdotal evidence watching you tube let's plays isn't accurate either.

Plus, you conviniently ignored my other two points. 4E (the edition Sawyer likes and follows many of his design preferences, was an indisputable failure) let alone BG2 vs IWD 2

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Care to tell us what is an accurate metric? Because it seems to me that if everything in the Internet isn't an accurate metric of anything, Sawyer's anecdotal evidence watching you tube let's plays isn't accurate either.
Actions. Thousands of people still play New Vegas every day.

Plus, you conviniently ignored my other two points. 4E (the edition Sawyer likes and follows many of his design preferences, was an indisputable failure) let alone BG2 vs IWD 2
The Whys of these are important and disputable.

Rake

Arcane
Actions. Thousands of people still play New Vegas every day.
How it compaires with Fallout 3 and Skyrim? Serious question here. I'm curious.

Makagulfazel

Educated
Judging only by Steam, Fallout: NV is played by about an average of 30x the players compared to Fallout 3. Sometimes Fallout 2 is played more often than that shite. Skyrim, though.. It trumps.
I remember when NV was first released, reddit plebs were claiming F3 was superior because of its atmosphere and storytelling(lol!). Now, New Vegas is better received; I guess it shows in the numbers. Too bad these wishy-washy assholes(critics specifically) cost Obsidian big time. Who knows? Maybe it was a good thing - desperation can invoke creativity.

I enjoyed this preview the most: got to see a little more stuff. Also, Josh got to be a little more laid back and tell it like it is. I laughed when they had to uncheck then check the big heads option. Classic PC moment.

Rake

Arcane
Judging only by Steam, Fallout: NV is played by about an average of 30x the players compared to Fallout 3. Sometimes Fallout 2 is played more often than that shite. Skyrim, though.. It trumps.
I remember when NV was first released, reddit plebs were claiming F3 was superior because of its atmosphere and storytelling(lol!). Now, New Vegas is better received; I guess it shows in the numbers. Too bad these wishy-washy assholes(critics specifically) cost Obsidian big time. Who knows? Maybe it was a good thing - desperation can invoke creativity.

I enjoyed this preview the most: got to see a little more stuff. Also, Josh got to be a little more laid back and tell it like it is. I laughed when they had to uncheck then check the big heads option. Classic PC moment.
There is hope for humanity after all. Pity it's propably because the braindead fallout 3 fans have gone to play Skyrim instead

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom