Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jon Hare the maker of Sensible Soccer and Cannon Fodder returns with Sociable Soccer

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Now on steam, game will have online and a mode similar to fifa ultimate team.

RuySan

Augur
There was already a "new" Sensible Soccer 10 years ago and it wasn't any good. Just like the new Kick-Off, this will probably be crap.

But I hope not. The world needs a good, arcadey and simple alternative to FIFA's and PES bloat.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Seems like Jon got his head in the right place for this. If they will do it correctly it will be *the* arcade football to play, breaking the boring mold of fifa and PES.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
btw they want to have cross-platform play with all consoles pc/ios/switch/xbox/ps4 if they will manage that the game should have a big online community for years

RuySan

Augur
btw they want to have cross-platform play with all consoles pc/ios/switch/xbox/ps4 if they will manage that the game should have a big online community for years

Cross platform with iOS?? That would be weird. How will they make a levelled match between a touch device and any other?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Cross platform with iOS?? That would be weird. How will they make a levelled match between a touch device and any other?

leveled maybe not, but there would probably be option to matchmake you with other same platform users or all users

These times, I don't trust John Hare to be able to do anything other than shovelware.

Also, there was a recent Sensible Soccer clone which got very good reviews, but I couldn't remember its title to save my life.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
The ball seems to be stuck in the players' feet, which is the opposite of how Sensible Soccer-games worked. Gameplay footage doesn't impress me either.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The ball seems to be stuck in the players' feet, which is the opposite of how Sensible Soccer-games worked. Gameplay footage doesn't impress me either.

in swos the ball sticked to the feet of top players a lot more also, and they are using top players in the video.

Even in swos the players had stats and were ranked on their ability, so will be in sociable soccer

SWOS-Barcelona-Sk%C5%82ad.png

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

in swos the ball sticked to the feet of top players a lot more also, and they are using top players in the video.

Even in swos the players had stats and were ranked on their ability, so will be in sociable soccer

Yeah true, but the ball still had a less sticky look/feel than this new one, the ball physics in this one at least looks to be much worse than in SWOS.

Edit: The hours I put in all Sensible Soccer/SWOS-games is probably in the four digits, so I know what I'm talking about.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
It's hard to judge from the video because the game looks to play even faster than sensible soccer....... and you don't know if the game in trailer is played by jon hare himself, I would think he can control the ball pretty good if he made the game himself.

Once it will be out and playable, than we will see.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Also in the interview Jon says 'it's a hybrid between Sensible Soccer and Fifa', so if there's any indication of where the game is heading, there's that.

RuySan

Augur

What's the fun in playing SWOS with 2012 players?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
^ Lol at the goalkeeper at 1:00 min, are the goalkeepers just for decoration?

hehe, my bet would be early access.

But the game plays good, it has potential to be the swos replacement.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Arcadey soccer games like this brings back memories. I used to beat up my cousin playing a game I forgot the name, and made him cry. Now that cousin is living upstairs.

Not a fan of FIFA/PES because... obviously.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The game realy has the '1 more match' syndrome.

When they will make online this will be class.

Perkel

Arcane
To someone who doesn't know:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom