Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Jerusalem Post: The Witcher reeks of perversion

Shoelip

Arbiter
bozia2012 said:
Annonchinchil said:
But the Codex are a bunch of fucking hypocrits when it comes to the Witcher, lets see.

Bascially you're saying that that "teh Codex is hippocrates" because we're a bunch of individuals with different tastes - how cool is that?

Or maybe you wanted to show us some inconsistency in posts made by notable witcher-fanboys?

I don't give a crap about this argument but seriously. How the hell did you misspell "hypocrites" as "Hippocrates" when you quoted someone spelling it with only one letter off? :? I mean, if you used a spellchecker it would have capitalized it as a proper noun.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Shoelip said:
I don't give a crap about this argument but seriously. How the hell did you misspell "hypocrites" as "Hippocrates" when you quoted someone spelling it with only one letter off? :? I mean, if you used a spellchecker it would have capitalized it as a proper noun.

You didn't sleep much or you're a Sheek's grandpa disciple. I've also misspelled "the" and used "is" instead of "are". Hippocrates - I saw that mistake several times "ovah teh internets" so I thought it would be funny to put it here. I don't give a fuck if you don't find it funny - I do.

Texas Red

Whiner
Annonchinil said:
The Witcher card collecting sex game: Totally mature and realistic, its just like real life! I mean if a guy would bring a girl flowers she would totally fuck him! Right!?

Anyways look at 'Not Another Teen Movie' it has nudity! Therefore it is very mature and is clearly a work of art. As of Now I am going through The Longest Journey and I find sexual content in it feels much more natural than in The Witcher, even if so far I saw no breasts.

What the fuck are you talking about? Every Codexer aside me takes an issue from these cards and endlessly whines about the immaturity of it all. The vanity of the "problem" of sex in Witcher is annoying me. Argh

Shoelip

Arbiter
bozia2012 said:
Shoelip said:

You didn't sleep much or you're a Sheek's grandpa disciple. I've also misspelled "the" and used "is" instead of "are". Hippocrates - I saw that mistake several times "ovah teh internets" so I thought it would be funny to put it here. I don't give a fuck if you don't find it funny - I do.

It was a joke? Oh, you could have made that more clear.

Shoelip

Arbiter
Araanor said:
So, when are we going to see a tasteful combination of violence and sex?

Mafia had a sex scene...

Hm, I think the problem is that most people believe sex in a video game is inherently tasteless, and literally speaking, they're correct.

Texas Red

Whiner
Shoelip said:
Araanor said:

Mafia had a sex scene...

Hm, I think the problem is that most people believe sex in a video game is inherently tasteless, and literally speaking, they're correct.

Why should games be any different than literature and movies? The only difference is that RPGs offer *more* escapism and are thus greater.

Shoelip

Arbiter
The Walkin' Dude said:
Shoelip said:
Araanor said:

Mafia had a sex scene...

Why should games be any different than literature and movies? The only difference is that RPGs offer *more* escapism and are thus greater.

Well, assuming it's actually done well then it shouldn't, but generally speaking, game makers seem to think that the most important part of a game to make similar to a movie is the budget and profits, and everything else comes after. What does that have to do with my post though?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom