Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Jeff Vogel posts on progress of BoA

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Blades of Avernum

<b>Jeff Vogel</b>, that zany, one man superstar over at <A href="Http://www.spidweb.com">Spiderweb Software</a> has posted <a href="http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000113">this thread</a> about some progress on what you can do with <i>Blades of Avernum</i>, which is due out this year:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Sometimes I even outsmart myself.
<br>
<br>
Since the BoA scripting engine is fairly versatile, some behaviors that were requested but I didn't want to implement are in anyway.
<br>
<br>
Suppose, for example, you don't want anyone in the scenario to have the Unlock Doors spell or Blademaster and Gymnastics skill, and want to have all of the monsters in the scenario only take 10% damage from fire and 70% damage from melee weapons.
<br>
<br>
You can, when a party enters the scenario, remove the offending skills and spells and then restore them to the party when they quit the scenario. You can also customize monster vulnerability to damage to a great extent.
<br>
<br>
This would, of course, be terrible design. But you can do it.
<br>
<br>
Finally, someone suggested a great way to introduce custom abilites, so the game will have custom abilities. Also, you can make items with custom abilities.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Flexibility, never a bad thing. There's gobs more detail on this subject in <a href="http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000113">that thread</a> for those interested.
<br>
<br>
Those who aren't interested will be summarily shot.
<br>

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom