Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Jeff Green assures us that Fallout 3 is in the right hands

almondblight

Arcane
Does anyone else think it's weird that everyone says..."OMG they still have special guys!" I mean, SPECIAL wasn't really so important to the games...I never really noticed the stats there being much different from in other games...and if the stats aren't used in the same way (INT have no affect on dialogue), why does it even matter?

Two other points:

1. Doesn't it seem obvious that none (few) of these "Huge Fallout Fans" have played the game?

2. Aside from the content, does anyone else find the quality of writing in these articles horrid? And this is from an editor?

callehe

Liturgist
How come that everything (the little) bethesda keep from the original fallout gets praised to heaven and everything they rid is crap and dated and should have been gone long time ago if it weren't for technical limitations?

How come that they can't do anything wrong? Just a thought.

Bradylama

Arcane
People are buzzed by it, and look to rationalize the cause for removal. They want to be optimistic because they don't want a lemon, so when features get removed and people start questioning, the people that don't care about them (the features) will rationalize reasons for their removal (e.g., outdated). Those that want to believe there's a good reason, do. Those that don't are trolls.

Calis

Pensionado
callehe said:
It's NMA's fault, and to a lesser extent, ours. Because we're mean, the masses are gathering behind Bethesda. Nobody loves us. :-(

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
Calis said:
callehe said:
It's NMA's fault, and to a lesser extent, ours. Because we're mean, the masses are gathering behind Bethesda. Nobody loves us. :-(

Hmm, what would do the trick? An image consultant? Feng Shui the NSFW links?

This has "reality redesign show" potential written all over it...

NiM82

Prophet
. Doesn't it seem obvious that none (few) of these "Huge Fallout Fans" have played the game?
Baghdad Bob could do well as a games journo.... For those few that have tried it, I wonder how many have actually played it properly?

I'd say you need at least a couple of run throughs to truly appreciate it. I was speaking to a friend earlier (who was optimistic about F3), when I mentioned they had nerfed the intelligence/dialogue modifier- he looked at me clueless. He'd played through both games once, with a high int, and hadn't ever encountered dumb dialogue. Suffice to say, he's now playing through as a dumb character (and is rather impressed). There's quite a lot of similar stuff that you can miss - if you just flirt with it.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Calis said:
It's NMA's fault, and to a lesser extent, ours.

I'd say it's Roshambo's fault, and to a less extent, NMAs and then to a lesser extent yours.

Yip, we sure did Bethesda's job for 'em, they hardly have to bother marginalizing us.

Though I have to say that while forums like SA are being predictably anti-NMA rabid and the gaming media is caught up quite well in the anti-Fallout fan bandwagen, NMA is still growing fast. It has a lot more people's ears than it ever did.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
He released his podcast.
Usual anti-fallout fans bullshit, Jeff feels sad for us, all we want is an expansion for Fallout 2, there's not enough info for us to criticize anyway, rose colored glasses, but Bethesda made a great demo, yada yada yada :roll:

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Volrath said:
He released his podcast.
Usual anti-fallout fans bullshit, Jeff feels sad for us, all we want is an expansion for Fallout 2, there's not enough info for us to criticize anyway, rose colored glasses, but Bethesda made a great demo, yada yada yada :roll:

And all that he's apparently dreaming of is an expansion pack for mindless action-adventure game known as Oblivion (which butchered everything that was good about TES series, by the way) that features gameplay unlike anything we have seen in Fallout...

DarkSign

Erudite
Brother None said:
Calis said:
It's NMA's fault, and to a lesser extent, ours.

I'd say it's Roshambo's fault, and to a less extent, NMAs and then to a lesser extent yours.

Yip, we sure did Bethesda's job for 'em, they hardly have to bother marginalizing us.

Though I have to say that while forums like SA are being predictably anti-NMA rabid and the gaming media is caught up quite well in the anti-Fallout fan bandwagen, NMA is still growing fast. It has a lot more people's ears than it ever did.

Im not sure if this is serious or sarcastic, but I agree with the Roshambo part. Im sure it will make him feel great for someone to post this, but he's the Level 91 PK asshole who, when surrounded by the circle-jerk of his supporters, threw logic to the wolves and crucified anyone that dare speak against him in his mother's basement living off his military pension for being a navy cook.

The environment he fostered has put us all in a place where we're easily marginalized. Of course, it could have happened anyway, but it's not the Codex's fault.

RGE

Liturgist
DarkSign said:
... a navy cook.
Is that how he killed someone? :shock: (Never heard that one before, I bet.)

I've been only somewhat aware that he isn't around any longer, due to people wondering where he's at when he's needed. But I didn't know that his spirit had left NMA. Has it? Is it safe to register there now? NMA wouldn't accept my Hotmail address, or any other expendable address I could be bothered to get hold of, and with Rosh's attitude being in charge, I didn't feel like handing out the address provided by my ISP. Though, to tell the truth, I still don't feel like handing out that address. Hotmail has served me well, and all my other forum registrations are tied to my Hotmail address.

Keep manning your barricade of (now) volatile car wrecks! Keep the rest of us smoothskins safe! :o

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom