Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Jagged Alliance 2: Reloaded Screenshots

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Jagged Alliance 2

<p>Check out <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/games/jagged-alliance-2%3a-reloaded_1700.html?tab=images" target="_blank">those screenshots</a> over at Gamebanshee. I mean, they fixed the combat by making it real-time, but the perspective is still fucked up. They should opt for first-person, amirite?</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/100556-jagged-alliance-2-reloaded-screenshots.html">GB</a></p>

Silellak

Cipher
screenshot1.jpg

Nice to see the green properly replaced with brown. The next-genification is almost complete.

Just one last thing...
JA2WithBloom.jpg

Theeeeeeeeeeeeeere we go.

:thumbsup:

Severian Silk

The ability to pause makes it all better, though. Trust the devs! They know what's best.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Silellak said:
Nice to see the green properly replaced with brown. The next-genification is almost complete.
It begs the question though, why did they actually replace the green with brown? I mean, people can't honestly think that overuse of brown looks better, can they?

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I wouldn't mind it... if it only was a graphical upgrade like Settlers 2: 10th Anniversary. But man... Real Time in JA2? Fuck that.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Reconite said:
Silellak said:
It begs the question though, why did they actually replace the green with brown? I mean, people can't honestly think that overuse of brown looks better, can they?
That's exactly what people think. Brown is the color of shit (if you're lucky) and this is the new shit. It all comes together nicely.

Obviously, this looks like shit. It really looks like they moved the game from South America to the middle east.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Reconite said:
Silellak said:
It raises the question though, why did they actually replace the green with brown? I mean, people can't honestly think that overuse of brown looks better, can they?
because this makes it look more like the middle east and you like the good american freedom fighters that many x-box live users would like to be, or so marketing hopes.
i bet they also made the enemies look more middle eastern.

nFn

Educated
moar liek Jagged Alliance 2 : Re-turded screenshots amirite? ;)

Blackula

Educated
Reject_666_6 said:
Why does that road have only half a crosswalk?
third world countries can't afford to buy enough paint for a complete crosswalk.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
It looks OK. But will there be destructible object or is that car going to be a burning scenery for all eternity?

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
nFn said:
moar liek Jagged Alliance 2 : Re-turded screenshots amirite? ;)
That would imply that the original was a turd and they are re-turding it, which is not the case.

Heechee

Liturgist
because this makes it look more like the middle east and you like the good american freedom fighters that many x-box live users would like to be, or so marketing hopes. i bet they also made the enemies look more middle eastern.

This. Gueriila conflicts in central/south America are so last gen. I am surprised they haven't officially changed the setting yet. I wouldn't be surprised at all. Not that it matters that much.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The original looks way better.

They can take their RTwP and shove it up their collective asses.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How is making it real-time fixing the combat? Turn-base is what made JA2 the best game ever! You guys should stick to reporting RPG news and leave tactical games alone.

Gwendo

Augur
Who cares about JA's setting/story/whatever? Turn based combat strategy is the franchise's trademark and that's what its fans enjoy. This remake is completely pointless. Using the brand will only fool unaware fans of the game and the ocasional casual gamer that won't be put off by the isometric graphics (very few).

MisterStone

Arcane
I just want to know if Calvin Barkmore will be back, and with full voice over as before.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom