Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jade Empire (Bio new IP, xbox game)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Actually, I coulda told ya that the kobolds attacked the game pre-re;lease. If that's what turned you off; you should have known. As for DS, oh well, sucks to me to waste 3 hours on it. :lol:

Ibbz

Augur
Actually it wasnt so much the kobolds attacking as it was the atmosphere/feeling I got. The fact all my "tutors" were killed by weak kobolds didnt help either.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Ibbz said:
Actually it wasnt so much the kobolds attacking as it was the atmosphere/feeling I got. The fact all my "tutors" were killed by weak kobolds didnt help either.

Kobolds and skeletons wiping out an adventurer college is, indeed, the stuff crap is made from. Then again, I wasn't happy with it before that when the guys started telling me what key to push for what and how to use my mouse to scroll the camera.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
ACtually, the tutors weren';t just wiped out by kobolds. You must of missed the mages. Not to mention, just because it's an adventurers' college doesn't mwan that the treachers are super high level, ya know.

I do agree with SP about the tutorial kind of set up; but I admit things like that don't bother me as much as they probably should. I just ignore it. 'Twas the saem in FO2. Annoying; but ignorable.

Ibbz

Augur
ACtually, the tutors weren';t just wiped out by kobolds. You must of missed the mages. Not to mention, just because it's an adventurers' college doesn't mwan that the treachers are super high level, ya know.
I'd like to think the tutor's were at least level 2 - and considering i killed a number of the mages, they should've handled them pretty easily.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
From what I remember, there are only 3 mages that the player could kill on his own. The others the player sees he has help - either Aribeth, or her boyfriend and archrival.

As for what level the trainers are. Sure, them being level 2 is reasoanble; but it's also reasonable the mages could take care fo them. A simple sleep spell would be enough to take care of 'em.

Either way it's moot. The prologue moistd efinitely could've been handled better. They should have just spelled out the levels of the participants so there wouldn't be so much conjecture. :lol:

Ibbz

Augur
As for what level the trainers are. Sure, them being level 2 is reasoanble; but it's also reasonable the mages could take care fo them. A simple sleep spell would be enough to take care of 'em.
If i actually cared enough i could go into the toolset and find out, but i'm just not that interested. :)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Neither am I. For all I know, the trainers could be level 20; but everuything I've read suggestes they were relatively low level - whatever that means.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom