Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jade Cocoon 2. Ever played it?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Played the first one, neat game but too short. Also, the never ending dungeon after the main story was a big time waster.

Contemplating picking up a PS2 to play it. Has anyone played it? If so, would you recommend it? Why or why not?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Fuck me. Bought the game at a bargain a bazillion years ago. Don't remember much about it, but I never finished it so it must've not been that great. You run through typical fire, water, air and earth dungeons and fuse different monsters in different elementals and I remember the monsters looking like mongoloid rejects from Pokemon. If you wanna dugneon crawl with pokeymans on your PS2 then go play Nocturne.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Nocturne definitely wins for atmosphere (JC2 makes pokemon look like serious business) but I'd say JC2 is more interesting in regards to combat. Nocturne has good boss fights but most of the random minions boil down to knowing what they cast and what they're weak to and making your team out of whatever will rape that. JC2 has some more interesting mechanics in regards to formation, swapping party members into/out of combat, and mana use/regeneration. The pokemans are a lot less interesting though. They don't have their own skill trees, you customize them as they level, and visually there are a ton of pallette swaps and retarded japanese things like monsters that look like possessed trash cans and the forms are broken up into larval/intermediate/adult forms. 3 guesses as to which ones you'll see way too much of and look incredibly stupid.

deuxhero

Arcane
^ But they are serious buisness! Everyone, esp the criminals, has at least one blood thisty monster at their beck and call, and is more than willing to use it to "deal" with the meddling kids.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom