Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline J_C fails his Codex check...again - Betrayal at Krondor is the best RPG ever, but I'm not feeling it

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
J_C said:
Reading this thread I realized how much I declined in terms of playing games. When I was younger, I played only good games. Seriously, if you had looked my game library's quality 10-12 years ago the average score would have been 90%. And I finished almost every one of them. Now, I can barely finish an average action game. Sure this has a lot to do with having a job and a girlfriend who I live with, and as a second job, playing shit games as a reviewer (I refuse to call myself a journalist). But every day I have a 1-2 hours free time, and what do I do? Surfing the net watching banal shit boring sites (including the Codex), wasting my time. And meanwhile my Steam and GOG account is choke full of amazing classics I never played or should be replayed. And I want to play them, i just can't bring myself to it.

Does anyone know what's wrong with me?
This is different. I was mainly talking about not having the time to play. Since then I gave up reviewing games and I can take my time with them. And actually the reason I try to play BaK is because I want to finish my backlog.

Also, how do you dig up things like this? :D I don't even remember where did I say that!

DramaticPopcorn

Combat was shit, everything else was mediocre about this game.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Wait, is there any game left that is not shit? Have we finally come full circle? Is it time to ascend?

Absalom

Oh, a new BaK thread just at the right time. Let me just ask this question real quick: How the hell can I kill Black Slayers (the guys that constantly re-animate) ? Is there a conventional means of killing these fuckers dead?
There is a spell you can use to instakill them, but you can also kill them all on the same turn. This is easier than you'd think it would be, since characters (And enemy) stats degrade as they lose HP. Or you can just avoid them, you don't need to fight them.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
There is a spell you can use to instakill them, but you can also kill them all on the same turn. This is easier than you'd think it would be, since characters (And enemy) stats degrade as they lose HP. Or you can just avoid them, you don't need to fight them.

You can also cheese it by standing on their corpses to block their resurrection.

I'd love to write a detailed opinion why J_C is an idiot, but atm I can't really do it, so I'll just keep it short: J_C, you are an idiot.

Absalom

You can also cheese it by standing on their corpses to block their resurrection.

I'd love to write a detailed opinion why J_C is an idiot, but atm I can't really do it, so I'll just keep it short: J_C, you are an idiot.

Eh really no value in taking J_C seriously at this point.
Still not sure what the actual betrayal was. It was that wizard guy right? I'm always hazy on actual details.
That's one way to look at it. But since the story is about Gorath, you could also take it to mean his betrayal.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
I don't give a shit really, I was just showing how the real butthurt and fanboyism is from the devs...

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That's one way to look at it. But since the story is about Gorath, you could also take it to mean his betrayal.

Never thought about it like that, actually. I always figured the betrayal was going to be something outright negative.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Oh no... someone's saying something mildy negative and disagreeing with me about a game I like...

atCaFBA.gif

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It was not changed.

Also, if only I had a dollar each time someone wants me banned. I could buy the Star Wars collection on GOG.

Funny thing is, everything I have written is objective facts about the game. The movement is a chore, there is no journal and some of the mechanics are not documented well, even in the manual.

Now if somebody can overcome these problem and don't care them is another thing. They might not even notice it. It is like when 80% of the Codex can't control a 3D camera in the game, and wines about them in Obsidian (and other) games. And I don't get what are they talking about, because to me, controlling a 3D camera is 2nd nature.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also Gorath is the only cool elf. Rest are fagets.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom