Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

It's time to segregate From Software from this place

Should From Software games be segregated from JRPG trash?

• YES!

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • no, don't kill the JRPG subforum (I'm a sick degenerate!)

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Modron

Arcane
I agree, excising dork souls from this forum would give the more interesting stuff room to breathe.

gamerguy

Educated
they are objectively bad games stemming from a ps3 drought

counting frames?... rolling around like a dipshit?

just bad design, every one

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can't believe I just watched a SDG rant on a totally RPG-related topic, and - on the most baffling turn I've ever experienced in my life - I actually agree!

Although that would kinda leave Dragon Dogma in the middle of no man's land, but, on principle, I agree. If it weren't for From Software, nobody would give a shit about this part of the forum. 100% cobwebs otherwise.

10/10 thread. Epic video. :lol:

Lambach

Arcane
When the owner of 4chan, once upon a time, nuked /pol/ hoping to get rid of the "problematic" users, /pol/ posters simply migrated all over the rest of 4chan and continued, with an increased intensity, to post the "problematic" stuff he was hoping to get rid of. So now instead of having just one board with Thread tittles like "Hitler did nothing wrong", those were all over the website, making it look even worse in the eyes of normies.

tl;dr Don't delete it, it's a containment zone for weeb shit.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
From Software makes Japanese Action RPGs. No western devs had the balls to do anything similar. That the Souls games are inspired by western game design is bullshit. They are JRPGs, and SDG loves them. Welcome, weeaboo friend. We will embrace you.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Yeah, there weren't western games like Demon's Souls. Resident Evil, what it used to be, wasn't inspired by western game design either. Why is it in General while Zelda and Mario Odyssey are here? Mario isn't any more weeb.

I never use the term JRPG myself. We don't separate other genres by country when we name them. Some people say JRPG is a style, but that makes categorization too complicated when games from Japan or "the west" aren't typical for their countries, including actual weeb games (ones made by westerners imitating the Japanese).

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
From Software makes Japanese Action RPGs. No western devs had the balls to do anything similar. That the Souls games are inspired by western game design is bullshit. They are JRPGs, and SDG loves them. Welcome, weeaboo friend. We will embrace you.

And you're a fuckin retard. Put your helmet back on before you slip in your own feces, ya fuckin retard.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

And you're a fuckin retard. Put your helmet back on before you slip in your own feces, ya fuckin retard.

That's how true friends talk to each other, fellow JRPG lover.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I can't believe I just watched a SDG rant on a totally RPG-related topic, and - on the most baffling turn I've ever experienced in my life - I actually agree!

Although that would kinda leave Dragon Dogma in the middle of no man's land, but, on principle, I agree. If it weren't for From Software, nobody would give a shit about this part of the forum. 100% cobwebs otherwise.

10/10 thread. Epic video. :lol:
This is the best post so far I think. I didn't consider Dragon's Dogma when I originally made the thread. Sadly sometimes, doing the right thing means there has to be unfortunate casualties and I believe Dragon's Dogma is one of those. Brilliant game, I love it, but I fear it has to go for the greater good.

Nutmeg

Arcane
Vatnik Wumao
i have better idea - move resident ebul weeb gaems here.
Biohazard series definitely belongs here.

Should have a Japanese gaming forum, American gaming forum (the stuff people here most love: Doom, Starcraft, Thief, Jagged Alliance etc.), Chinese gaming forum, British gaming forum (think Wipeout, Chaos Engine, Tomb Raider, Perfect Dark), Western Continental European gaming forum (modern Steam Scandinavian trash like Paradox games -- this is the stuff I hate most and want filtered), Eastern European gaming forum (Slavjank like Pathologic, Space Rangers), and Developing Markets gaming forum.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Ah yes, the action RPG made by an entirely Japanese studio is not a Japanese RPG. Retarded thread is retarded.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So watched the rant, and i agree with the idea that japofaggot RPGs are worthless.

First off, Japanese people really need to ditch animu. It's pure faggotry, and you all know it. Japanese artists are very good and it's such a waste of talent for them to produce this homosexual crap. FromSoft can do true gothic in a way even most mainstream western companies can't do anymore, but those pussified nips still can't get over this weak ass pussy animu shit.

Second..., wait there is no second animu faggotry is my main beef against JRPGs lmao carry on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom