Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

It's official: Dead State (almost) Vapourware

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Roguey said:
his wife ("stolen" from her previous husband)
Wat.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
All right, since you asked:
http://www.myspace.com/bmitsoda/blog <- Annie starts (figuratively) dickriding Mitsoda's blog posts in June 2006 and continues to do so with semi-regularity.
http://chouyu-31.livejournal.com/273417.html <- her ex-husband Josiah announces their divorce in November 2007.

You don't need to be a professional dot connector to connect those dots. Not that I'm accusing anyone of infidelity (emotional, physical or otherwise), but chances are very high that (figurative) seeds were sown.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Who gives a shit about their private lifes as long as they are able to have fun developing and deliver a good game by chance?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Developing games isn't fun and great ones aren't made by chance. Plus it's dirt. Who doesn't love dirt? I could binge on dirt all day, purge, and consume it all up again.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
So you are a woman then? They love to read the yellow press, with its scandals and shit what not.

If developing games and trying to put your ideas into shape wouldn't be even remotively fun, no one would do it. Ofcourse it can be a chore, but at the core you are still being creative. If not - you should probably look for another job.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
well bros think of it this way scandal and good rpg products win-win situation especially if good rpg products become vaporware or is it the other way around you never know with the codex

QBe4B.jpg
nxXby.jpg

TlTo2.jpg

9EvYB.jpg
NmSZx.jpg

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Let's get this back on topic.

Surf Solar said:
Elhoim said:
Surf Solar said:
Shame they don't seek modelers or 2d artists. I think I'll look at Torque engines framework and maybe give it a shot.

You already know my mail if you want to contribute. I'm still waiting for those sounds, though :P

Yeah you've been too quick with finding other (admittely more talented guys) so my motivation sank a bit. ;D I will upload thouse sounds regardless, want to make some bigger soundlibrary.

Heh, still, I'll mail you about some model work later.

Surf Solar said:
What I don't get - is it just YET that you start to write some convenient tools to use? Isn't that like, something which should be done first, let alone mostly comes with the engine? :o Or has it some hooks and new features the standard engine tools don't posess? On first glance to the engine I had a couple of months ago, I really liked that dialogue tool.

With what we have we can create a game, but it's quite cumbersome and requires lots of manual scripting of different files. These tools we plan to create are to streamline and focus those processes in a single place.

For example, to create a character, we had to open a separate character editor, create the base database guy, then open a character file linked to the corresponding level, manually add a character datablock with the coordinates and character data and it will then appear in the level. If you wanted to change something on how the character looks, you have to open the editor, then reload the level and the character will update, and on and on.

What we did now was a character editor built in the engine, which gives you a preview of the character, and a character placer in which you just select a character and place it in the level. No manual editing of script files and all that jazz. It's basically these types of tools we need to create, which will help with the speed of game creation immensely.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Elhoim said:
Let's get this back on topic.

Yeah.

Heh, still, I'll mail you about some model work later.

Allright - though I can't promise anything - and again there are more talented guys out there than me. :)

Elhoim said:
With what we have we can create a game, but it's quite cumbersome and requires lots of manual scripting of different files. These tools we plan to create are to streamline and focus those processes in a single place.

For example, to create a character, we had to open a separate character editor, create the base database guy, then open a character file linked to the corresponding level, manually add a character datablock with the coordinates and character data and it will then appear in the level. If you wanted to change something on how the character looks, you have to open the editor, then reload the level and the character will update, and on and on.

What we did now was a character editor built in the engine, which gives you a preview of the character, and a character placer in which you just select a character and place it in the level. No manual editing of script files and all that jazz. It's basically these types of tools we need to create, which will help with the speed of game creation immensely.

This reminds me of the difference between modding Fallout 2/doing total conversions for it, or modding in the FOnline engine. The latter has very convenient tools for example in the dialog editor, to easily change variables, quest flags, characters/npc stats, their position in the world etc. while for FO2 there is no such tool available and you basically need to script everything manually. For me this would be a living nightmare and I would've quitted my own stuff probably months ago if not for those tools. :P
So yeah, better late than never that you try to create such tools. Will they be hooked in AoD/Dead State, or will they be available for the public (or those with Torque License) for a fee later?

Ed123 said:
I heard updating the status of one's mod after April 2011 can be quite a chore too.

Darn, thanks for reminding me of that blog. :x Will update it later, for now I have changed the link in signature to something more up to date.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom