Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

It seems there's one Witcha like quest in FO3 *spoila*

Heresiarch

Prophet
While FO3 c&c is nothing compared to Witcher's, there's one particular quest which is designed decently enough - delayed consequence which is far from obvious to be foreseen, seemingly black & white choices which the obvious good one can lead to a disastrous end.

The *just the quest name*
Tenpenny Tower
quest.

Seriously, while I've often made regretable choices in Witcher, none of them pissed me so much like this quest. Reminds me the originally planned Fallout 1 ending, in which if Gizmo lives then Junktown thrives, while Killian lives Junktown is crippled.

That's some stroke of genius from Bethsoft IMO.

Deleted member 7219

I shot Burke after he killed the Sheriff... I had no 'delayed consequences'.

Blow up Megaton: You get a house in Tenpenny Tower.

Don't blow up Megaton: You get a house in Megaton.

Those are the consequences.

darthdarther

Novice
Fallout 3 keeps the Codex alive. Everyone should show their appreciation by going out to buy it.

Starwars

Arcane
I also liked the outcome of this, but it would've been better to place it in an ending slide if you ask me. The content sort of ends once the ghouls move in, and you can't really do anything meaningful anymore.
Sure you can kill the fuckers, but that just leaves tenpenny towers devoid of life FOREVAH!

It feels... somewhat awkward in the gameplay. But it would've been great as an ending slide.

Texas Red

Whiner
Fallout 3 could have been good game without the constant dungeon crawling. The game is compromised of 90% of dungeons. Bah. There is a huge number of places on the map but majority of them are just areas with enemies.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Matt7895 said:
I shot Burke after he killed the Sheriff... I had no 'delayed consequences'.

Blow up Megaton: You get a house in Tenpenny Tower.

Don't blow up Megaton: You get a house in Megaton.

Those are the consequences.

Fallout 3 is a truly great game, it deserves all the praise from the Codex it gets.

Heresiarch

Prophet
Dark Individual said:
Fallout 3 could have been good game without the constant dungeon crawling. The game is compromised of 90% of dungeons. Bah. There is a huge number of places on the map but majority of them are just areas with enemies.

Yep, the Oblivionish random dungeon everywhere which all have similar layout is one of the worst thing in Fallout 3. The sewer and subways are so Hellgatish while the office buildings are just damn so FEAR like sans the horror.

BTW the quest I mentioned isn't about the Megaton bomb in case anyone wonders.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
the annoying ghoul quest that was already ridiculed in another thread for it's stupid karma awards?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
i saw a mod that tried to emulate tb with continuous vats the other day.

flabbyjack

Arcane
SuicideBunny said:
i saw a mod that tried to emulate tb with continuous vats the other day.
VATs is broken for me and plays not only in slow motion while attacking but is super-laggy at all times. Also it stutters a lot. And the radio/pipboy/vats causes framerate drop. Apparently FO3 hates late generation Nvidia cards(8xx/9xx series).

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
flabbyjack said:
VATs is broken for me and plays not only in slow motion while attacking but is super-laggy at all times. Also it stutters a lot. And the radio/pipboy/vats causes framerate drop. Apparently FO3 hates late generation Nvidia cards(8xx/9xx series).
I had the same problem, usually resulting in a CTD.
Try turning off anti aliasing entirely. It'll look shitty(er), but it's better than constant crashes.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
What's the delayed consequence? The ghouls who wanted to kill everyone to get in get in and kill everyone anyway?

Deleted member 7219

HanoverF said:
What's the delayed consequence? The ghouls who wanted to kill everyone to get in get in and kill everyone anyway?

I'm just about to start a second playthrough, to try out things like this. I'll report back.

:honourblade:

Matt7895 said:
HanoverF said:

I'm just about to start a second playthrough, to try out things like this. I'll report back.

:honourblade:

Try killing Three-Dog on your 2nd playthough. Without spoiling too much, let's just say that Bethesda went to the trouble of recording an entirely different set of radio monologues for those few players that put a bullet to 3-dog, with the effect of letting the lowly techie chick take over.

(actually, make a save-game first - the techie gal is even more annoying than 3-dog, though in fairness it comes across as intentional on Bethesda's part, i.e. trying to run the idea that 3-dog was doing a moderately successful anti-propoganda station, and that with him dead the techie just isn't going to cut it)

Deleted member 7219

Even more annoying than Three Dog? You mean she can top the 'All powerful Three Dog. Bow wow wow.' And all the howling? And the constant referral to the audience as 'children'? And the constant repeat of the survival tips? Man, this I've got to hear.

Heresiarch

Prophet
Try killing Three-Dog on your 2nd playthough. Without spoiling too much, let's just say that Bethesda went to the trouble of recording an entirely different set of radio monologues for those few players that put a bullet to 3-dog, with the effect of letting the lowly techie chick take over.

Now THAT is something worth a praise. I do got pretty amazed when I discovered 3 dog isn't an essential NPC, but never thought about what would happen if someone indeed killed him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom