Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

*IT* IS COMING. (Diablo 3 beta)

spectre

Arcane
Way to throw the hype bone, btw. I can see the guys picking all the mpq files apart right now.

Wonder when it will be cracked&scripted.

Castanova

Prophet
I predict someone cracks the beta, maybe even soon. I doubt Blizzard put any gameplay-related server-side checks in because that'd kill their bottom line (server farms). It's a PvE game so the AI is necessarily included unlike the SC2 beta where people had to mod their own custom AI's into the cracked beta.

Castanova

Prophet
I've been watching this guy's stream:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/diablo-3-be ... m-nomsayin

I've been skeptical of Blizzard recently but I gotta say the game looks pretty good. I don't think Torchlight 2 will be able to compete with these production values. I'm definitely itching to get my hands on D3 now.

One concern I've had so far though is that the game looks REALLY easy. That being said, it is a beta test of only the very beginning of the game on Normal difficulty so that might not mean anything. I would assume they're not dumb enough to make the whole thing too easy.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
That sure is a overloaded reddit page.

Anyway, I stumbled upon this video in RPS, and that game fucking looks like D3 should look like, the atmosphere there is miles away from that of D3. I can't comment on other aspects of the game, for obvious reasons, but in that regard they've won Blizzard (though it wasn't too much difficult, to start with)

Castanova

Prophet
Meh, the area in the D3 beta is undead-themed. It's not happy or cartoony-looking much at all. The atmosphere seems to be there, at least to some extent.

pocahaunted

Arcane
I had to stop watching streams even though the game looks great, the morons they call F&F are complete retards and can't play for shit. This one guy died, as a witchdoctor, at lv7. Twice.

What. The. Fuck.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Berekän said:
That sure is a overloaded reddit page.

Anyway, I stumbled upon this video in RPS, and that game fucking looks like D3 should look like, the atmosphere there is miles away from that of D3. I can't comment on other aspects of the game, for obvious reasons, but in that regard they've won Blizzard (though it wasn't too much difficult, to start with)
Path of Exile, Grim Dawn, Torchlight 2...all look like better diablo clones than D3.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
path of exile may be the first mmo I'd play since guild wars

certainly looks better than all the f2p korean female character fanservice grindfest clones

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Torchlight II will have:
  • 4 or 6-person co-op
  • 3 major acts (city hubs)
  • 50% indoor, 50% outdoor areas
  • random quests and events in outdoor wilderness
  • items with "OR" logic in requirements
  • town portals that look like Diablo II town portals
  • full modding support w/tools
  • LAN play
  • price tag of $20
  • comes out this autumn

'nuff said.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
and Diablo 3 will be better.
and it's out before Christmas. at full retail price cuz it's not a budget title.
:)

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Diablo 3 out before Christmas? You must be new to this whole Blizzard thing.

Torchlight 1 was a budget title. Torchlight 2 is a full-fledged Diablo II clone with aggressive pricing (as a big fuck you to Blizzard).

EDIT: I just looked at a recording of the earlier live beta session. It's very interesting how Blizzard shot themselves in the ass by going for low-fidelity graphics, because Torchlight II looks, at best, better then, and at worst, the same as, Diablo 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom