Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is divinity 2 ego draconis worth playing?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Short answer is "no". I endured it for a few hours the just gave up. Virtually no redeeming qualities to motivate you to keep pushing.
Hello Amdusias

Curratum

I didn't realize we had that many braindead Larian drones in here!

P2kGJ37.jpg

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Just like Divine Divinity it's a nice lighthearted game with simplistic, but serviceable combat and fun exploration and quests. It doesn't warrant any strong opinions unless you're some kind of fan/hater. Certainly better than most ARPGs that have been made down the years.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Questions for those who played the game at release. Did the game really end with Lucian's info dump and cliffhanger?
It was amazing. I liked how they dared to do quite decent flip. Expansion was more about, we wrote ourselves into hole, and we don't know how to write out of that.

I could never fix the framerate issues, with any solution provided, neither on GOG's version or Steam's.

wishbonetail

Learned
The most disappointing thing about this game is that world gets destroyed after you become a dragon making all your choices irrerlevant.

Falksi

Arcane
Questions for those who played the game at release. Did the game really end with Lucian's info dump and cliffhanger?
It was amazing. I liked how they dared to do quite decent flip. Expansion was more about, we wrote ourselves into hole, and we don't know how to write out of that.
Agreed.

The bad ending to Divinity 2 was fantastic. A real moment of brilliance. Loved it.

Zlaja

Arcane
This game has some nice little touches. Like if you climb a ladder with the female char you finish climbing with an acrobatic vault, but if you play as a male char you finish by forcefully pulling yourself up.

I still remember that shit even after all these years (played it almost 15 years ago).

Fearlessjay

Novice
It was a very wierd game. First release was unplayable, then they patched it, then came the supposed definitive/director's edition. As a Ultima fan I liked it, then I also liked Divine Divinity. Like most of Larian's stuff it has its high points and low points. Worth playing though.

HammyTheFat

Scholar
I loved the expansion because of the funny sociopath that gets stuck as a voice in your head.

I could never bring myself to "betray" him by siding with the good wizard, who was incredibly annoying. On the plus side, he insults the final boss to her face for not getting you on their side and knows you're about to curb stomp them both.

Behrlihn, you were truly my favorite chaos wizard. Rest in pieces.

Sunsetspawn

Arcane
Game is so good that just seeing this thread is making me want to replay it

:kfc:
or it could be the torrential downpour of garbage we've been treated to in modern times polishing my memory.

KateMicucci

Arcane
There wasn't a single thing the game did well. Perplexing to see that it has many fans here. What could you have possibly liked about it?

Vino

Barely Literate
I played ego draconis for the first time a few weeks ago, being this year 2023, friend recommended me and warned me about the bad stuff, at the start its was really... generic, you are the hero, the choosen one, but just not yet.

I unistalled, but wait, i install it again, as many people quit in the giant center castle valley, i was not dealing too much damage, and dying really quick, with no idea, again because no interest and i avoid using many books that would helped me to level up skills, so even without that, i buy new weapons and that's it, the game was fun, and i finished it pretty quick in a good way, game has many mechanics but i just went for the fastest: Critic as fuck.

Quests are really fun, gameplay is fun if you choose your favorite skills wisely. I went 2 weapons and critics, pro tip there is a skill that absorbs mana with every hit, but being a massive critical dinosaur i only needed 1 point of that skill so i could recharge my skills... also i went with only 1 weapon skill, my friend did the same but only bow and he said it was really fun that way too..

6.5/10 i would play it again. If i see that dragon again, i swear im going to use the M word with a hard X

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom