Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is Dawn of War 2 worth a damn?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
PennyAnte said:
Mangoose said:
So, anyone want to play online with me?
<-- perpetualmotionmachine on Steam, would do co-op. I prefer Borderlands though ... PennyAnte there, PC only.
Added on Steam.

MAYBE Borderlands, if my friend wants to play again. Not interested in playing 2 player only though.

Edit: Oh derp, I didn't notice you sent me an invite, Pablosdog. :oops: We will play together i promise.

Topher

Cipher
I still love the game and it's expansion is really great. They also have a new expansion in the works... http://www.dpadnews.com/?p=1896.

If anybody wants to play my GFWL account is Topherunhinged. Send my an invite, I play last stand from time to time.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
I'll probably play next week. Going to be out of town this weekend so at best I'll be playing D2 on my lappie.

Topher

Cipher
Mangoose said:
I'll probably play next week. Going to be out of town this weekend so at best I'll be playing D2 on my lappie.

I play on my lappie too but my lappie is awesome. Anyway, I'm on whenever but haven't been playing as much lately.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Basically you can play the expansion campaign and play in multiplayer the races introduced in the expansion but cannot play the previous campaigns or play the other races in multiplayer.

Topher

Cipher
They are changing the basic squad mechanics for the Ork campaign so I'd like to know if they have something similar planned for the Eldar.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Mangoose said:
Basically you can play the expansion campaign and play in multiplayer the races introduced in the expansion but cannot play the previous campaigns or play the other races in multiplayer.

Normally that is true, but with Relic and THQ dropping GFWL (woot) for steam only (buuh) the expansion will still be a standalone.

You will get all the races in multiplayer, last stand and the new Campign.
So far the price point is what they normally charge for a expansion so it will not be a full retail price.

Destroid

Arcane
Might get this if that's the case, I never bothered with Chaos Rising just to get Chaos in MP.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
CrimsonAngel said:
Mangoose said:

Normally that is true, but with Relic and THQ dropping GFWL (woot) for steam only (buuh) the expansion will still be a standalone.

You will get all the races in multiplayer, last stand and the new Campign.
So far the price point is what they normally charge for a expansion so it will not be a full retail price.
That is extra sexy. I'm gonna not get vanilla then. Thanks for the info!

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
NO worrys dood.

Her is the link http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/09/15/relic ... for-steam/

There is also some info on the Dawn of war 2 Forum, but i am not digging through that for info about the price point and junk.

The 2 Key points from the Article
To accomplish this transition, Dawn of War II – Retribution will be a completely stand alone title in the series and will provide multiple campaigns to play, as well as all six multiplayer races, with new units for each of the existing five races and one new unannounced one. In a change from our previous strategies with expansion packs, we will not be patching this content back into Dawn of War II and Chaos Rising.

Also there is BETA coming for us who have DoW2 and CR.

Owners of Dawn of War II and Chaos Rising will get the chance to try out the full set of Retribution’s Steam features in a multiplayer beta that will take place in the new year. More details on the beta will be announced at a later date.

Topher

Cipher
CrimsonAngel said:
NO worrys dood.

Her is the link http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/09/15/relic ... for-steam/

There is also some info on the Dawn of war 2 Forum, but i am not digging through that for info about the price point and junk.

The 2 Key points from the Article
To accomplish this transition, Dawn of War II – Retribution will be a completely stand alone title in the series and will provide multiple campaigns to play, as well as all six multiplayer races, with new units for each of the existing five races and one new unannounced one. In a change from our previous strategies with expansion packs, we will not be patching this content back into Dawn of War II and Chaos Rising.

Also there is BETA coming for us who have DoW2 and CR.

Owners of Dawn of War II and Chaos Rising will get the chance to try out the full set of Retribution’s Steam features in a multiplayer beta that will take place in the new year. More details on the beta will be announced at a later date.

A beta would be fun. I'm definitely going to look into that.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
I eagerly await the next expansion. Yeah the game's repetitive as fuck and space marines are some of the silliest things I've ever seen in sci-fi, but it's fun.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Lesifoere said:
I eagerly await the next expansion. Yeah the game's repetitive as fuck and space marines are some of the silliest things I've ever seen in sci-fi, but it's fun.

Try the first one sometimes, especially Dark Crusade.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Gragt said:
Lesifoere said:

Try the first one sometimes, especially Dark Crusade.

Yeah I know, once I lose interest in Civ 5 that'll be the first thing I play.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Soulstorm as of version 1.2 is well-balanced. The only faction with a disadvantage are the Sisters, and even then only from Tier 3 to 4.

Destroid

Arcane
Topher said:
Retribution is a stand-alone expansion pack.

What I mean is - it doesn't connect to Dawn of War 2 in any way, apart from utilising most of the same units and features. The players from retribution will not even be able to play with those who have previous Dawn of War 2 releases from what I understand. The two are now divergent developments of the same root product.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom