Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is anyone else getting annoyed with DLCs?

MikeJahn

Educated
I remember when it started with Oblivion's horse armor mod no one took it seriously but now literally every game has them in batches. Even something as obscure as "Men of war" is releasing DLC "map packs". It's getting to a very annoying point because all the fan boys keep claiming that it's cheaper than buying a cup of coffee except every game has a million of them now - many of the features seem like they should already be in the game and if you don't buy a map pack often you end up being booted in mid multiplayer game. Has to be the most annoying corporate scam ever.

baronjohn

Cipher
I'm not annoyed. DLC proliferation is another sign of the decline, but I was already way past caring before it all started.

muffildy

Educated
dlc

DLC is an excellent idea, but it currently has a very poor value per dollar.
If they reduced the price to what the new content was actually worth then i might actually buy it, but at the current prices its just not worth it.

DakaSha

Arcane
I wish Fallout would have had some downloadable death animations for $1.99 a piece.

Topher

Cipher
Can't get annoyed with crap I've never bought. DLC hasn't come out for any game I've cared about so I've never even bothered with it.

User was nabbed fit

You might as well be asking if anyone on the Codex doesn't like Dragon Age 2.

DakaSha

Arcane
Demnogonis Saastuttaja said:
I was already annoyed with crap expansions long before this shit happened.

Yep.. And after that the fact that companies rely on modders to make a shit game decent

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
MetalCraze said:
Didn't Realms of Arkania have voice-overs for 15 bucks back in '90s?

That's not DLC. Besides, shows what a newfag you are when way back at the beginning of the 90's we had speech packs for games like Wing Commander. Back then sound cards were still a rarity and floppies expensive so speech was an optional extra purchase. When CD drives and soundblasters became the norm, they stopped with this.

Arma II, now THAT is a game with DLC....

No point raging about DLC, just don't buy it. Even if you buy the retail game, I urge you to pirate all the DLC that is released. In the past companies would give map packs for free in patches along with extra scenarios, units(remember Total Annihilation and those free units? These days they would be at least $1.99 each!)and so on. As for expansions, back in the day if an expansion 'only' gave you an extra 5-6 hours of gameplay it was derided. I remember MOH Spearhead being panned for being at most 6 hours long yet that's still 2 hours or more longer than a retail game like CoD is now! Fuck them all. Pirate, and if you absolutely need to have the stuff legally eventually then just buy the Gold or Cmplete edition in a year's time for peanuts. Heh, that's also funny. Long ago you'd have to wait years for games to go down in price and more likely they'd disappear never to be seen again, but now you just wait a few months and every second game is in the bargain bin.

MetalCraze

Arcane
That's not DLC. Besides, shows what a newfag you are when way back at the beginning of the 90's we had speech packs for games like Wing Commander. Back then sound cards were still a rarity and floppies expensive so speech was an optional extra purchase. When CD drives and soundblasters became the norm, they stopped with this.

REALLY?!

Commander Xbox

Learned
depends, if its decently long stuff that couldnt have been included in the game because of its size due to disk space and shit it doesnt annoy me. if it could have been included in the game but the publisher decides to nickle and dime people by separating it and selling it off then it pisses me off

J1M

Arcane
DLC are cheat codes that you pay for. I don't use cheats.

Buying things enhances my gaming and entertainment experience.

:smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom