Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Is Aerie from BG2 underage?

BruceVC

Magister
Back to the question, I always initiate reasonable Romance in all RPG unless their are no suitable or attractive Romance partners like in ELEX1

I never Romanced Aerie because I found her generally irritating with some of her comments and views

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Aerie is underage? If she’s at least 15, there really shouldn’t be any issue
This the kind of shit that gets people locked up in prison. You're young, retarded, and a queer. So I'll give you the benefit of doubt.

The age of consent is 14 in many 1st world countries. Germany, Austria, Italy, Portugal...

It's 15 in Denmark, Sweden, France, many others.

Also bear in mind that the protagonist of the BG-series is a man who's recently come of age. He's likely around 16 at the beginning of BG1.

Officially the main character is 20 years old.
That's surprising. Got the impression that he was much younger, based on the early interactions in Candlekeep. People there definitely treat you as a kid. :?
Maybe they're all elves or summat.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
The teachers in Kindle keep that the PC - whether it is tlf or human - as a kid because they saw the PC grew up and they see him as a child. Just as Jaheira treats Aerie as a kid even though Aerie is far older and more mature but Jaheria is a faster hipster harper do she is basically the Realms' version of a 'well meaning but judgemental bitch' of a SJW.

Remember, Jaheria will fuck the 20 year old elven PC just after her husband is tortured and murdered, but will treat the 60-100 year old elf like she is an infant. That us the crazy logic that dhe and the tools in this thread in an attempt yo label posters as 'pedos' for having sex with a 100 year old elf with their twenty year old? WTF?!?

And, of desperation they bring up some lame ass book that nobody reads and has zero to do with the games. Game canon is what is in the game. PERIOD.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Remember, Jaheria will fuck the 20 year old elven PC just after her husband is tortured and murdered, but will treat the 60-100 year old elf like she is an infant. That us the crazy logic that dhe and the tools in this thread in an attempt yo label posters as 'pedos' for having sex with a 100 year old elf with their twenty year old? WTF?!?
So, what you are saying is that Aerie is the pedo? Seems legit.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Having sex with a 20 year old fully mature adult is not pedo behavior. Come on, you are a codexer, you know this.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Having sex with a 20 year old fully mature adult is not pedo behavior. Come on, you are a codexer, you know this.
But a 100 year old irl having ...relations with a 20 year old is still seen as iffy in our society (the 100-year-old was 80 when their partner was born) ;d Twilight was criticized mercilessly over this. And it did deserve it. Why should Aerie get a free pass? However we look at it, the relationship with Aerie is at best inappropriate, lol.

Vatnik Wumao
And it did deserve it.
Assuming that the female character is not a minor, nah. This is just petty bullshit advanced by cat ladies and loser males. It's basically the hyperbolic equivalent of "hurrdurr, a man in his 40s having a relationship with an adult woman in her prime, how immoral!"

Volourn

Pretty Princess
In rl, 100 year old humans just don't have sex. And, if they do, we don't discuss it for pages, and if it isn't discussed for pages, it does not actually happen.

Lacrymas

Arcane
And it did deserve it.
Assuming that the female character is not a minor, nah. This is just petty bullshit advanced by cat ladies and loser males. It's basically the hyperbolic equivalent of "hurrdurr, a man in his 40s having a relationship with an adult woman in her prime, how immoral!"
Is it petty bullshit? I can't relate to 20-year-olds as a 29-year-old let alone when I'm 100.

Vatnik Wumao
Is it petty bullshit? I can't relate to 20-year-olds as a 29-year-old let alone when I'm 100.
Which is fine. But as long as people aren't mentally impaired, then there's nothing immoral about two adults pursuing a consensual relationship regardless of their difference in age, life experience, IQ or what have you. Some people want an equal, others want a maternal or paternal figure, others want to be the maternal or paternal figure in the relationship. To each their own.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just reading this thread while waiting for my hot water tank to heat up for a shower.

-How enriching it has been upon my life these past few minutes.

Sarcasm aside, I suppose it's nice that there's a certain morality here. What with all the pedos in the world atm.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"Remember, Jaheria will fuck the 20 year old elven PC just after her husband is tortured and murdered, but will treat the 60-100 year old elf like she is an infant. That us the crazy logic that dhe and the tools in this thread in an attempt yo label posters as 'pedos' for having sex with a 100 year old elf with their twenty year old? WTF?!?"

PC was raised by humans so matured at the same rate as a human. Aerie spent a good portion of her youth raised by elves, so she continues to act like a moody teen. Aerie may be older than Jaheira but she doesn't act like it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom