Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Iron Kingdoms: Full Metal Fantasy (new edition, new rules)

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
So, the new edition of Iron Kingdoms was released 2 months ago. It's quite pretty, full color hardback. Best of all, it uses a revised and updated version of the career system from WFRP 2.0 and Warhammer 40K rpg, which Fantasy Flight Games also own. :bro:

For those that don't know, Iron Kingdoms is a STEAMPUNK fantasy rpg. You have swords, armor, magic, but you also have guns, robots (powered by coal and called Steamjacks) among other cool stuff. Races include Humans, Elves (xenophobic and unfriendly elves unlike mainstream fantasy) goblins (these fill the niche of halflings/gnomes which do not exist in IK), TrollKin, and one or two more races unique to the setting.

Char gen involves choosing a race, and then two careers to flesh out your character. So you could start of the game with a human mage (warcaster) and spy (mage and spy careers) for instance, among other things. There is also a Mage Hunter career, which I find interesting.

Anyhow, IMO this would be a great system, as far as I can tell haven't really read it yet, to play a game of ARCANUM, with some tweaks. The main thing you might have to add is the conflict between magick and technology (where one causes the other to fail).

Anyone here read it?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
They finally went away from that godawful D&D 3.0 bastardization? Might have to actually check it out then. The world needs more muderous Nyss thralls of Everblight.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
They finally went away from that godawful D&D 3.0 bastardization? Might have to actually check it out then. The world needs more muderous Nyss thralls of Everblight.

Yeah, isn't that awesome? That was the main thing preventing me from checking out the game in those days. I heard praise for the setting, but didn't want to deal with the same old system every other rpg was using in those days. This is also why I am annoyed Chaos Chronicles is using the D&D 3.5e system as well, instead of making a simple system of their own. It is not hard to do ppl.

Anyhow, not only are they not using D&D, they are using the career system from WFRP and Warhammer 40K, with some modifications and tweaks to customize it for the setting. It sounds pretty awesome really.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom