Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News IPLY post report doom

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
So you would've made a tidy profit if you'd bought a handful of shares at 2.5 cents then sold them at 4 cents.

frymuchman said:
I've been trying to get back ahold of Luke
Why does fry still think Luke is going to give him some super-dooper answer?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Luke works for an independent PR firm that handles IPLY's shareholders for them. As such, what does Fry think Luke is going to tell him? Holy shit, Fry, the company is really ass fucked, you better sell that shit while you can! is never going to come from Luke.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Well, it Luke might say that when he finds out Chucky can't afford to pay him.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Walks with the Snails said:
Nah, Herve just skimps on the unimportant stuff like rent, employee salaries, server space, license renewals, etc. The PR guys always get paid.

Which, when you think about it, would be something a smart shareholder would be strongly questioning. Shareholder PR is nice and all, but it's not going to sell the company nor is it going to make any games to keep the company afloat.

The only thing Interplay can sell at this point are it's existing assets. They can't get money to develop a game for another publisher because they have no developers, no place to house those developers while they're developing, and so on. Who's going to buy a game company that's no longer capable of making games? But they have someone contractually bound to answer frymuchan's emails. What could be more important than that?

If I had tens of thousands of dollars on the line, I'd sure as hell wonder why a company that can no longer make the products it's supposed to because it hasn't paid all kinds of important things, but has kept on paying some other company that employs someone who's entire job appears to just be repling to my emails with, Expect big things to happen this week.

It's not like IPLY has a shitload of shareholders to warrent that expense even if they could afford to pay all their bills. I could halfway understand the expense if Interplay wasn't so fucked and nearly 80% of the shares weren't owned by Titus/Eric/Herve. Really, there's not much of a good reason why IPLY couldn't have handled that in-house given how many shares of the company are owned by the company people and a few other companies that work with that company.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom