Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News IPLY.OB now IPLYE.OB

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Interplay

<A href="Http://www.interplay.com">Interplay</a> has changed it's stock ticker symbol from the old IPLY.OB to the new, shinier, bolder <A href="http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=IPLYE.OB">IPLYE.OB</a> for those looking to track their stock prices. Of course, none of the info on <a href="http://finance.yahoo.com/">Yahoo Finance</a> has been updated with what's going on with the company yet, but I'm sure they will.
<br>
<br>
IPLYE.OB.. I guess someone beat them to FUCT.OB?
<br>

EEVIAC

Erudite
Different name, same eight cent pricetag - that sounds like exploring strategic opportunities for a much-improved Interplay. That old IPLY.OB has been an anchor around their necks for years. Well done, Herve. You dumb fuck.

Briosafreak

Augur
The "investors" are a bit confused with this change:
« IPLY Message list | Reply to msg. | Post new msg. « Older | Newer »
By: Surplusplanet
20 Apr 2004, 09:46 AM EDT
Msg. 727 of 744
Jump to msg. #
My etrade portfolio shows IPLY with an "E" Delinquent in required SEC filings .....?

Herve is buying
By: bgamain1
21 Apr 2004, 05:26 AM EDT
Msg. 734 of 744
Jump to msg. #
Hervé Caen Bought 8,679,306 shares at 0.052 and now possess 8,681306 shares
I believe its a private sale but who had all these shares???

Common Stock 4/17/2004 P 8679306 A $0.052 8681306 D

http://www.pinksheets.com/quote/filings ... mbol=IPLYE

It may be to keep the shares of hitting the lowest value ever, or he might want to sell it finally and is sure to get a good price.

Voss

Erudite
I hope that shit drops to 4 cents, just for him.

Hey, I wonder if MS will throw down an offer for iplay? They might need an outhouse for that stable of theirs...
Actually, it might just be cheaper to get the IPs by buying out IPLAY and shutting it all down, than buying the IPs seperately as Caen tries to keep it solvent enough to get some money out of it (for himself) before the end.

Briosafreak

Augur
Ticker symbols on the OTCBB are comprised of four letters; occasionally we see a fifth letter. Sometimes the fifth letter is permanent other times it is temporarily appended. The ‘E’ and the ‘Q’ are the most widely seen. The ‘E’ denotes a company that is currently delinquent in the periodic filings with the SEC. The ‘E’ appended as the fifth letter to a stock symbol shows that the company is in a 30-day grace period (occasionally 60 days) in which it has to file their financial information with the SEC. If the company fails to file - it may either be granted an extension or will not be allowed to be traded on the OTCBB but have to resume trading on the Pink Sheets. The ‘Q’ denotes a company involved in bankruptcy proceedings.

The daily list at the OTCBB website is extremely useful in determining which companies may be appended with the ‘E’. The ‘Q’ and ‘E’ qualifiers may not necessarily mean a company will make for a bad trade. As we have all noticed from time to time, even a bankrupt company can be traded for some nice gains. It does mean that investors need to be aware of the fifth letter and what the possible ramifications are for the company in question. This is the full list of fifth letter identifiers compiled from the OTCBB website.

A Class A

B Class B

D New (on Nasdaq listed issues - Reverse Split)

E Delinquent in required SEC filings

F Foreign securities, except ADRs

G, H and I Additional warrants or preferred
etc...
http://www.otcbbnn.com/fpdb/active/html ... etter1.htm

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
So, Brios, the employees of Interplay still sitting at home or did they return today?

As for the late filing of the SEC thing, and Herve buying up lots of IPLY stock.. Think he's looking to make a profit on a delayed positive announcement?

EDIT: Unless Herve found a buyer for IPLY.. Then he could make a killing off the stock his just bought because that stock shares will be transfered over to the new company. People will also start buying them up before the transition because of the cheap prices on the stock, causing the value of what he's purchased to go up, which means more shares in the new company.

taks

Liturgist
well, actually, buying shares that didn't already exist implies he's buying company owned shares. this basically means he is pumping $400k of his own money into the company. hardly the makings of a conspiracy. very unlikely interplay can get a buyer as it stands and very unlikely he'll have an outlet for 8 million shares unless he actually does turn the company around (contrary to popular belief, you can't just "sell" stock unless there is a buyer). in such a case, big deal if he cashes in, at least the stockholders get some money back as well (and maybe the other 105 employees get to keep a paycheck).

while i agree he has done a poor job with interplay, i hardly say that this has any hidden meaning in it. the delay in filing might also indicate that he's trying to salvage something before releasing the figures. not uncommon.

taks

taks

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
EDIT: Unless Herve found a buyer for IPLY.. Then he could make a killing off the stock his just bought because that stock shares will be transfered over to the new company.
which would qualify as insider trading and given that his company ticker symbol has just been changed due to interplay's delinquent status, any illegal action at this point is probably unlikely since the company is now under scrutiny.

taks

Rosh

Erudite
taks said:
which would qualify as insider trading

We can only hope...

and given that his company ticker symbol has just been changed due to interplay's delinquent status, any illegal action at this point is probably unlikely since the company is now under scrutiny.

Well, you seem to be basing that on normal, rational people. It's different when someone runs a company like a psychopath.

taks

Liturgist
yeah, i guess it's human nature to want some sort of underlying "motive" to exist... the same reason we tend to see patterns in chaos (clouds, for example). given that most of us are already ticked off at interplay, and herve in particular, it's not a shock that we want to find a reason to put him behind bars or just plain make him suffer. i think even the folks that weren't fans of interplay ever feel the same way...

taks

taks

Liturgist
i doubt a characterization of "psychopath" can be applied to herve even in the harshest of opinions. most serial killers are psychopaths... maybe you mean narcissist?

just because he isn't a good businessman doesn't mean he's irrational. you seem to think you know all there is about this man's personalitly based solely on a.) his company and b.) the few press statements he's made? quite a stretch, maybe a stint on john edward's show would be in order? :)

taks

Rosh

Erudite
taks said:
i doubt a characterization of "psychopath" can be applied to herve even in the harshest of opinions. most serial killers are psychopaths... maybe you mean narcissist?

just because he isn't a good businessman doesn't mean he's irrational.

People are quite capable of conducting psychopathic actions and behaviors without killing anyone. I'd suggest you look up the clinical term before you subscribe to the more media popular definition.

you seem to think you know all there is about this man's personalitly based solely on a.) his company and b.) the few press statements he's made? quite a stretch, maybe a stint on john edward's show would be in order? :)

That's putting words into my mouth and I don't appreciate it.

this basically means he is pumping $400k of his own money into the company.

Wait, I have a hunch as to where the rent money went to... ;)

taks

Liturgist
you're the one that called him psychopathic, not me... the term tends to completely describe one's personality, btw, so i din't put any words into your mouth, you put them there. nor did i say he must kill to be psychopathic... so now you're putting words into my mouth. and i am well aware of the clinical definition of psychopathic, btw, i was actually implying maybe you needed to look it up, i was obviously mistaken (the word does tend to get thrown around a bit loosely).

taks

Rosh

Erudite
taks said:
you're the one that called him psychopathic, not me... the term tends to completely describe one's personality, btw, so i din't put any words into your mouth, you put them there.

That wasn't what I was referring to, in judging solely on the company and his press releases. Maybe it could also be the way he runs said company.

Let's not forget the surrender monkey incident.

Maybe the idea of skullfucking the company over so he can make it buy-bait, possibly do some insider trading...well, that sounds pretty much like a psychopathic CEO, doesn't it? Fuck everyone to make another dime, eh? I'm really curious as to what's going to be cooked up with SGC.

nor did i say he must kill to be psychopathic... so now you're putting words into my mouth.

Your post had the implication, especially with the "serial killer" bit.

and i am well aware of the clinical definition of psychopathic, btw, i was actually implying maybe you needed to look it up, i was obviously mistaken (the word does tend to get thrown around a bit loosely).

Maybe you should look it up yourself. The basis is psychopathy, which is often unblemished by the media's skewing of psychopathic, which is to put it simply antisocial* and often egocentric.

While Herve might be a narcissist, I really doubt that has any relevance to the discussion. Maybe he masturbates in front of a mirror three times a day. I really don't know and I really don't care to know, either.

* - Which can't describe me. I'm *very* social! :)

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
taks said:
which would qualify as insider trading and given that his company ticker symbol has just been changed due to interplay's delinquent status, any illegal action at this point is probably unlikely since the company is now under scrutiny.

Well, right now, the company is humped. They're about to get evicted, which will most likely happen this week. They can't make payroll right now, so they sent everyone home to wait until Friday for some big meeting on the subject of lay offs. There's several other bills they've neglected to pay over the last few months as well.

And with all that, Herve's buying up millions of shares. That tends to make me wonder what's up.

Now, they obviously don't have an announced buyer, but it's entirely possible they're negotiating one or they have some good prospects on buyers. The difference between unethical and illegal in cases like these are just a question of timing.

Rosh said:
I'm really curious as to what's going to be cooked up with SGC.

I'd say all that's happenned today revolves around the plans with SGCP. After all, their about page says this:

• SG Capital Partners ("SGCP") makes investments in middle-market companies primarily in the United States that fit its "Growth, Innovation or Transformation" investment approach.

SGCP was established in 1996 as the North American merchant banking affiliate of SG. Since inception, SGCP has focused on partnering with exceptional management teams to acquire significant equity positions in high quality, growing businesses. SGCP has invested primarily in leveraged buyouts ("LBOs") and has also invested in growth equity investments in established and emerging middle-market companies.

SGCP seeks to make investments in middle-market companies in which its professionals' complementary experience can help accelerate growth and create significant shareholder value. SGCP seeks to partner with strong management teams to develop and execute well-defined strategies for growth and value creation. SGCP's growth LBO investing skills, such as improving operations and financial structuring, combined with its growth equity investing skills, such as developing strategy and managing growth, uniquely position SGCP to help its portfolio companies create shareholder value. In addition, SGCP targets established companies with opportunities to transform their businesses through the intelligent use of new technologies.

Why buy stock if you're going to LBO?

taks

Liturgist
Rosh said:
[That wasn't what I was referring to. Maybe the idea of skullfucking the company over so he can make it buy-bait, possibly do some insider trading...well, that sounds pretty much like a psychopathic CEO to me, doesn't it? Fuck everyone to make another dime, eh? I'm really curious as to what's going to be cooked up with SGC.
and we know exactly how much he's made? not much, prolly lost his ass, actually, and now he's pumping $400k INTO the company. he skullfucked it from stupidity, not psychopathic behavior. even if the skullfucking was intentional, it's a stretch to take such limited knowledge to an entire psychological evaluation... heck, the guy may even be smart. i don't know, nor do you (he got rich somehow).

ill buy that, though that's about as close as i got to putting words into your mouth, too...

Maybe you should look it up yourself. The basis is psychopathy, which is often unblemished by the media's skewing of psychopathic, which is to put it simply antisocial* and often egocentric.
as i've stated, i'm well aware of what the term means and nowhere have i said anything to the contrary (i even said i withdrew the assumption you did not). the media tends to fixate on an "evil" concept, which it is not (well, not necessarily). uncaring, unfeeling, unemotional to the point of a lack of understanding of ANY emotion is a better description. judging herve to be such a character based solely on his business sense is irresponsible, even for those of us that don't have the clinical background (assuming you don't, either).

While Herve might be a narcissist, I really doubt that has any relevance to the discussion. Maybe he masturbates in front of a mirror three times a day. I really don't know and I really don't care to know, either.
a facetious comment, for sure. just providing an option... the term also tends to imply he cares more about himself and his gains than his employees. you and i both have as much information to make that assessment as we do one of psychopathy. therefore it is just as relevant as any other diagnosis we may make. nothing else implied here...

* - Which can't describe me. I'm *very* social! :)
never said you weren't :)

taks

taks

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
Well, right now, the company is humped. They're about to get evicted, which will most likely happen this week. They can't make payroll right now, so they sent everyone home to wait until Friday for some big meeting on the subject of lay offs. There's several other bills they've neglected to pay over the last few months as well.

And with all that, Herve's buying up millions of shares. That tends to make me wonder what's up.

again, his actions have just provided them with an extra $400k in cash reserves. doing this, btw, will also help sway lenders into lending. they want to see that you're taking a risk, too.

my guess is he doesn't worry too much about eviction since his rent is so high... maybe he wants to get the boot?

taks

taks

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
Why buy stock if you're going to LBO?

he's out of options... despite what the company may be worth, it's obvious their future is very high risk. only the most extreme financing options really work at this point... i went through the same thing with my previous company, and they ended up getting sucked up by interdigital (minus 120 out of 130 employees). EVERYBODY lost money on that deal (almost $90 million in venture capital).

taks

Seven

Erudite
Does anyone know what Iply is valued at? Since their stock is so low I'm considering a buy out, $400 ought to get me at least 10% of the company, right? :D

Rosh

Erudite
taks said:
ill buy that, though that's about as close as i got to putting words into your mouth, too...

It was in regards to the quoted bit in which I said that to. It wasn't just about his press releases and company, someone actually got a bit of heat from Herve for what someone entirely else wrote about him. Ask Killzig and Saint for more info on that, it was hilarious and best through their retelling.

There's also other reasons, and not just because he's French...

In light of something Saint just brought up, I'm now leaning more towards a general "insane" evaluation instead of psychopathic. :)

taks

Liturgist
i wouldn't argue that, rosh. insanity can explain some of the more "dodgy" elements of his business deals. my biggest opposition is to the "conspiracy" theories simply because nothing he's done implies he's coming out ahead. i'll pick insane or stupid over any other explanation any day OTHER than possibly just bad at business and now trying to fix it all (a bit late i think). again, i went through the same thing and watched the president of our company take it to the dirt... only to realize after the fact that he really believed his own shit and really didn't know what he was doing. oh well....

it might take $500 Seven, on the outside...

taks

Rosh

Erudite
Ah, you know of the same kind of situation. Some CEOs, especially when they don't have to worry about making other stockholders happy, tend to get a little...wonky. That bit of slang is perhaps the most applicable term in this situation, I feel.

The most pathetic and amusing thing about Herve is that when he makes a mistake, he doesn't learn from it, he just puts more effort into it than before. I'm just wondering what he'll do to top THIS with. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom