Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Invisible War has the worst voice acting ever in a game?

Peter

Arcane
Stop being such a grammer nazis.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
This thread made me go to YouTube and listen to Bloodlines voice acting. Holy shit, that game has voice acting of such unequivocal quality it beats every other game by so much it's not even funny.

Almost every single major character as well as some small characters would be extremely memorable because of their voicing alone.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
One of my favorite voice actors is the guy who voices the 'head' Malkavian (via audio logs). He also voices other characters in Bloodlines and has a pretty distinctive voice. You'll also probably remember him from Doom 3 (as the voice of the UAC promo videos) and Warcraft 3 human units (and possibly WoW).

Vibalist

Arcane
Reject_666_6 said:
Speaking of LaCroix, why is every character/voice actor a fucking savage and pronounce his name like LaCroy? :rage:

How are you supposed to pronounce it?

And yes, the voice acting in Bloodlines is phenomenal. Bolo Santosi is slightly better, though.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
La Croa-ah. It was a deliberate joke, I guess, that the Californians in the game called Napoleon's ex-commander and lead Ventrue by his cheapened Anglicized name.

But then again, nobody pronounces the former French stronghold of Detroit has De-troa-ah.

Santander02

Arcane
Reject_666_6 said:
Speaking of LaCroix, why is every character/voice actor a fucking savage and pronounce his name like LaCroy? :rage:

I think that Jack was actually the only person that pronounced his name correctly

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
DX and IW had terrible voice acting

DX had "a bomb!"

and IW had "That's arson!"

pinnacle moments

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Sadly, I don't think Adam upheld the tradition and had a hilarious overreaction to A BOMB at any point. All he did when he was faced with a 10 second time bomb was say shit.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Sadly, I don't think Adam upheld the tradition and had a hilarious overreaction to A BOMB at any point. All he did when he was faced with a 10 second time bomb was say shit.
It would have been glorious if he just shouted "A BOMB!" at that point.

But, people are forgetting this from DEHR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRC9A-tEB-Q
:lol: Almost as good as "What a shame." He just doesn't give a fuck.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Reconite said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:
It would have been glorious if he just shouted "A BOMB!" at that point.

But, people are forgetting this from DEHR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRC9A-tEB-Q
:lol: Almost as good as "What a shame." He just doesn't give a fuck.

:lol: :lol: He really doesn't give a fuck.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Is it implied in both Deus Ex and Human Revolution that augmentation (mechanical or nanotech)

a) makes a person less sympathetic to normals?
b) causes a person to lose a lot of emotion in general?

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Wyrmlord said:
Is it implied in both Deus Ex and Human Revolution that augmentation (mechanical or nanotech)

a) makes a person less sympathetic to normals?
b) causes a person to lose a lot of emotion in general?
I'm pretty sure those are just comments made by various people regarding JC's personality. If anything, augs turn into gigantic douchebags more than anything else - see Leo Jankowsi for the ultimate example.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom