Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Interplay Promo at GOG.com

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Can't click the titles to go to product info pages. THAT JUST LOST YOU A POTENTIAL $0.01 SALE GOG.
Oh. They fixed it now :cool:
Still, I'm only really interested in Stonekeep. Mostly just to try it out properly.
I guess I'm a little interested in giving Lionheart another try as well. Last time I played it was the demo back when... whenever it was released.

Modron

Arcane
I guess I'm a little interested in giving Lionheart another try as well. Last time I played it was the demo back when... whenever it was released.

Just don't, as everyone's already said the game falls apart after Barcelona as Reflexive got screwed worse by interplay than Obsidian did by LucasArts over KotOR 2. The filthy frenchman said finish the game now with no money so the second half of the game was mostly linear combat sequences that were impossible to beat for some builds. Even worse, Reflexive wanted the game to be turn based in the first place but Iplay knew better...

FeelTheRads

Arcane

Just don't, as everyone's already said the game falls apart after Barcelona as Reflexive got screwed worse by interplay than Obsidian did by LucasArts over KotOR 2. The filthy frenchman said finish the game now with no money so the second half of the game was mostly linear combat sequences that were impossible to beat for some builds. Even worse, Reflexive wanted the game to be turn based in the first place but Iplay knew better...

:lol: Interesting. Didn't know these things. Any source?

Zed, yeah, be careful. Just don't go with diplomatic builds. There are later some bosses (I think even the final one?) that can be talked out of fighting, but you need to put so much in speech that you won't have enough fighting skills to actually get to them. And be sure to have some archery or whatever the skills for ranged attacks. There are some fucking annoying areas where I pretty much had to run through and barely made it because I couldn't engage the enemies in melee.

Modron

Arcane

:lol: Interesting. Didn't know these things. Any source?

Zed, yeah, be careful. Just don't go with diplomatic builds. There are later some bosses (I think even the final one?) that can be talked out of fighting, but you need to put so much in speech that you won't have enough fighting skills to actually get to them. And be sure to have some archery or whatever the skills for ranged attacks. There are some fucking annoying areas where I pretty much had to run through and barely made it because I couldn't engage the enemies in melee.

Seems like the Reflexive wanting turn-based comment was the result of me remembering a 9 year old interview incorrectly but the real-time design might have been inherited from Feargus see here http://www.rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=797

Hmmm, it appears my source for the stopped paying at a certain milestone comment was Rex, see second post here http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/damien-foletto-interview-winterwind.6147/, while he did manage to get insider developer views sometimes there is no proof that its true besides the fact that Iplay was really dying at the time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom