Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Internets

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Forum said:
You're in a desert, walking along in the sand, when all of a sudden you look down and see a tortoise, oldmanpaco. It's crawling toward you. You reach down and you flip the tortoise over on its back, oldmanpaco. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping. Why is that, oldmanpaco?

This is disturbing. No more Internets will i give.

黄小马

Learned
Why do you hate tortoises? They are lovely little creatures, please do not leave them to certain death.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
The Internet obviously recognizes when you don't feed it enough Internets! In my short story the turtle made friends with a magic pony and it let the turtle ride on it's back above a rainbow towards a sky filled with fluffy clouds.

You must have been naughty and failed to feed it enough Internets!

Internets for the Internets god!

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
has anyone else noted how fucking butt ugly some of our most distinguished avatars are? Its because they are too big on the new forum!

FFS

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I gave one and cant give more, must I change my IP?

Anyway I did my duty. For the Codex. Even if I dont know WHY do you bother with this...

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Your signature isn't disabled. Images and quotes blocks just won't display in sigs anymore.

Also: FUCK THIS STUPID GRADIENT HIGHLIGHT IN BOXES I REMOVED YOU FFS

Don't use the RPG Codex theme. Stick with Temp Codex and its variants for now.

Stella Brando

Arcane
Dark Underlord, when I first saw your Give Internets message, I honestly thought it was aimed just at me.

Maybe because I had mentioned Bladerunner?

Made me feel quite paranoid.

On an unrelated note, these forums are quite grey.

Have you considered something more blue?

I will use all the power of my private proxies and dynamic IPs to give, say, twenty, subject to bargaining, daily internets to Codexia if you let us have a single image per signature. ¬¬

It has nothing to do with the thread topic but I needed somewhere to say it.

Edit: Actually, just let me have a single image as a signature, fucketh the rest.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I gave all 3 internets I could give (using my 3 computers at home who all have different IP's).

I can't give anymore though. :(

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Rejoice for tomorrow is another day! The IP-block resets every day, so you can vote once a day from a given IP.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
3sfuG.png

This is how it looks in Chrome. Is it supposed to look like this?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
This is how it looks in Chrome. Is it supposed to look like this?
No, it's not supposed to look like that... but it does at the moment until we fix the styling. The problem is I can't do bits and pieces at a time because fixing one thing necessitates fucking up some other obscure forum feature I never knew existed (like all the backgrounds making shit transparent and unreadable). So I have to fix the whole lot and upload it all at once. Best I've done so far is make the forum index look like the Old Codex. I'm currently fighting the thread listing template and it's not liking it. Tal's the one who's done all the work on the posts themselves.

The really annoying thing is XenForo likes to give some things four or five different names in one go, rather than giving things unique names - which makes it hard to just select that element because each of those four is used in some other obscure location in some slightly other way which means tweaking it in one spot, fucks it up royally elsewhere. Or you tweak it only to find your change hasn't been made because there's some other piece of CSS referencing one of the other properties which over-writes the border property you just set. I end up having wipe the slate clean, then copy-paste in piece by piece as I go (hoping to make the changes I want while also keeping the fancy schmancy stuff that makes the place work), then add in a bunch of selectors to make sure I get just the right thing I want - and they use this "@property" selector thing which is either some funky CSS I ain't ever seen before or some custom XF shit.

ShlongMaster

Educated
I gave an internets, why is the turtle still on it's back :(

More importantly why the fuck does that message hound me on every page on the codex!

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
i already gave you the only internet i could give, you extortionist communists!

Carceri

Arcane
You're in a desert, walking along in the sand, when all of a sudden you look down and see a tortoise, Carceri. It's crawling toward you. You reach down and you flip the tortoise over on its back, Carceri. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping. Why is that, Carceri?

I'm sorry, but this doesn't trigger any emotional response.

Shannow

Waster of Time
So...if giving an internet every day because I have a new IP every day isn't helping, that obviously means not giving any internets will help.
I'm sorry I can't take any back, but I hope refraining from giving any further internets will do the job, like cutting government spending is a sure way to reduce national debt :salute:

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
The message really shouldn't display continuously. I've already given an internet and I won't be giving another one because I won't be changing my IP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom