Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In an ocean of FO3 reviews, one finally dares to make sense.

overtenemy

Augur
What was really funny was a few people on the Bethesda forums saying they found the review funny, while completing missing the point and not realizing that it's meant as a gigantic insult. Shame the thread got locked so quickly. Can't say I was surprised though. I don't think the possibility of someone insulting FO3, the greatest game of all time, would ever enter into their tiny little minds.

Imbecile

Arbiter
overtenemy said:
What was really funny was a few people on the Bethesda forums saying they found the review funny, while completing missing the point and not realizing that it's meant as a gigantic insult. Shame the thread got locked so quickly. Can't say I was surprised though. I don't think the possibility of someone insulting FO3, the greatest game of all time, would ever enter into their tiny little minds.

Or maybe they figure its just an opinion, and shouldnt take it personally?

overtenemy

Augur
Negative. I'd have applauded them if that were the case. You'd have to have seen the posts.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
I think it should have been obvious to me that the poster overtenemy is the one who wrote that blog in the first place, considering that even on the Witcher forums, he was the one who promoted the Witcher article.

I mean, he knows about it more than anyone else, obviously, so who else can it be? And he seems like he lurks here alot, considering he stole a few jokes from here onto his blog, and refers to his blog as a prestigious internet magazine. Man, there is an entire army of people who never post, but know exactly everything about the Codex and its memes and inside jokes.

Eh well, I would say that it's lame to go around shameless promoting your blog, but when it is one as awesome as this, overtenemy is completely excused.

MetalCraze

Arcane
His blog also gets some street cred because even some codexers took it seriously.
But I have to agree with Murrow's post from another thread - more subtlety wouldn't hurt for better baiting.

overtenemy

Augur
Eh well, I would say that it's lame to go around shameless promoting your blog, but when it is one as awesome as this, overtenemy is completely excused.
I disagree. Typically, the posts we make on forums are one time things on the respective official forum of the game in question. It's not as if we're trying to get people to ready our incredibly insightful blog posts on politics, religion or our modern economy. We're just making jokes, and it's not as if people have never made threads specifically for that purpose before.

But I have to agree with Murrow's post from another thread - more subtlety wouldn't hurt for better baiting.
But again, the reviews were not originally meant to induce rabid mouth frothing in fans, it's merely a hilarious side effect. If we were out very specifically to piss people off, then yes, the reviews would appear to take themselves much more seriously. As it stands, we've been utterly shocked by the amount of people who have failed to realize that the entire thing is a joke, even in the most obvious of posts. See the L4D forum thread I posted in the other thread for a few examples.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Maybe that's because the level of retardedness which is used in the "reviews" for humoristic value, actually exists in the real world. There really are people who would seriously agree with what you're posting on Ouugh; and if you post on message boards for a long enough time, you encounter them automatically. So the idea that it's a real retard who means it who's posting those texts, is not so strange.. This is the internet, after all.

overtenemy

Augur
Beware? I think I'd be honored to have a retardoed thread or two, or maybe even my very own dumbfuck tag. I liked the thread by the way, so don't feel bad.

Luzur

Good Sir
gnarly, FallHalout 3.

*ducks thrown underwear.*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom