Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Importance of Multiplayer

How Important is MP to you?

• I am a sorry ass loner. Fuck MP as long as the SP experience is kickass

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My only social interaction is when playing. Better have MP even if this affects the game to an exten

• I'm gay and can't form opinions, hence I don't give a shit.

• I'm going to write a pretentious post because it depends on 348973897 things and stating this makes

• Total voters

DakaSha

Arcane
Wanting codexes opinion on how important multiplayer is to a game.
Now having an option is of course always nice but it isn't just an excuse and marketing by fag wardell: Being able to spend that 'extra time' on the SP game can really make a difference. Writing network code is balls (IMO anyways)

Does the Codexer prefer a more engaging SP experience over a less engaging (although still decent) MP experience?
I know I'm generalizing but feel free to elaborate in your answer. Maybe you absolutely must have MP in one genre for instance (strategy?) and could care less in another (RPG?)

baronjohn

Cipher
Fuck MP. I play games so I don't have to interact with real people.

DakaSha

Arcane
baronjohn said:
Fuck MP. I play games so I don't have to interact with real people.

Solid, well thought out and perfectly acceptable observation. :obviously:

Multi-headed Cow

I'm going to write a pretentious post because it depends on 348973897 things and stating this makes me sound 1337

I like SP more than MP, and play by myself more, but I like broing it up with some bros on occasion. If there aren't any officially sanctioned bros playing a game I typically do MP even less. I used to happily play hours of MP FPS but I generally don't have it in me any more. Did play a few hours of TF2 the other day to break in my potato hat though. That was fun.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
SWAT 4 with real people is much better than single player. Just saying.

It's not essential, but it can be fun at times.

Destroid

Arcane
Single player gaming just doesn't compare to multiplayer. Unless you are a storyfag I guess.

MetalCraze

Arcane
If it's a well thought-out coop MP or more tactical PvP than deathmatch powered by a good editor it's just as equally important as good SP.

Those also extend the game time tenfold without you replaying the same map again and again making your money more than well spent and naturally filter out prepubescent idiots who just want to run around shouting "ololo I frag ya" like in BF2 or TF2

Kitako

Arcane
Fuck MP.

I don't want to play with sweaty 11 years old around the interwebz. Had enough of that.

Last meaninful multiplayer I had was with NWN private servers, few and well selected people to play with.

Rest is just adaptation of BOOOOOM HEADSHOT shit

Kitako

Arcane
Destroid said:
BOOOOOM HEADSHOT is a lot of fun and more challenging than most singleplayer games.
I was refering to the mentality of 11 years old, not about FPS gameplay, sorry if it wasn't clear.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Years ago, yeah, I loved MP, good fun, these days, its retarded 4Chan memes, trolling because its ironic or some stupid hipster dumbfuck attitude, and just garbage community (that is if you could call them communities)

Used to be okay, now its just full of people aware of their anonymity, and ready to be the dumbest cunts to ever take breath.

Exmit

Scholar
Depends on the game

If we have a great RPG , SP is the only option, MP would ruin it.

If we have a FPS like bf 1942 - MP is the only option , fighting bots in SP is not the same.

Your poll is bad.

Destroid

Arcane
Pika-Cthulhu said:
Years ago, yeah, I loved MP, good fun, these days, its retarded 4Chan memes, trolling because its ironic or some stupid hipster dumbfuck attitude, and just garbage community (that is if you could call them communities)

Used to be okay, now its just full of people aware of their anonymity, and ready to be the dumbest cunts to ever take breath.

Sounds like you are talking about MMOs?

ChristofferC

Magister
Pika-Cthulhu said:

Especially MMORPGs are completely unplayable because of the community.

Exmit

Scholar
DakaSha said:
Exmit said:
Your poll is bad.

No you just fail at reading comprehension.

No I don't , there are different games where MP is appropriate and in others where SP is the only option. Your poll does not include that and just goes into ' i play MP because i am a loner , I play SP because fuuuuuuck other people'

dumbfuck poll by dumbfuck for dumbfucks.

pocahaunted

Arcane
It heavily depends on the genre, to be honest. A FPS without a strong MP component is probably unplayable and the same applies to very action-heavy RTS games. On the other hand, a RPG with a shoddily implemented MP is probably not even worth the bother and since it's somewhat hard to pull-off proper MP in a RPG, you can draw your own conclusions. That being said, ARPGs are also somewhat unplayable without a good MP support since they're so one-dimensional and gimmicky.

racofer

Thread Incliner
dnhmhv.png

DakaSha

Arcane
Exmit said:
DakaSha said:
Exmit said:
Your poll is bad.

No you just fail at reading comprehension.

No I don't , there are different games where MP is appropriate and in others where SP is the only option. Your poll does not include that and just goes into ' i play MP because i am a loner , I play SP because fuuuuuuck other people'

dumbfuck poll by dumbfuck for dumbfucks.

Wow you are utterly fucking retarded. Are you seriously incapable of understanding the last option? Could you not understand the last sentence of the first post? Idiot. I'd think you were trolling if I hadn't been paying attention to all of your dumbfuckery.
Not to mention that even with the two options the poll would be just as valid as a person could choose games based on MP content or not.

You have successfully added Exmit to your ignore list.

---

Btw I personally chose Fuck MP.. I pay MP now and then but honestly I could care less if the SP experience is good. A tactical FPS needs MP but i dont play tactical FPs.. so I would prob never end up buying one in the first place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom