Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Impire (Dungeon Keeper clone)

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I usually move the camera with arrow keys instead of mouse. It's a habit I picked up from playing Dawn of War

Kirtai

Augur
There's people who use joysticks to move the camera you know.

And I don't mean with game controllers. :eek:

asongforsimeon

Educated
Micromanagement hell, I agree. It's not a terrible game, in the end, surely better than Dungeons, more cohesive and logical where Dungeons was nonsensical and arbitrary, but it's neither a dungeon sim. At its core, it's a RTS with some goofy humor and a evil overlord theme. With some automation and some tweaks to the pace of the game, it could easily be worth 20€ of entertainment, but not a dime more.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So you say it is better than Dungeons. Hm...I liked Dungeons (opposite to the Codex), so this means I will like this even more?

asongforsimeon

Educated
So you say it is better than Dungeons. Hm...I liked Dungeons (opposite to the Codex), so this means I will like this even more?

Don't think so. Dungeons was one of those one-of-a-kind games that suck for most players but are bound to please someone, like a Valley without wind, for example. Impire is much more run-of-the-mill RTS.

EG

Nullified

Yes. That's how these things work. :lol:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Hm...I liked Dungeons (opposite to the Codex)

Jesus fucking christ J_C, you pre-order Dungeon Siege 3 and now this... on top of everything else, I gotta ask: Is there anything you don't like? In fact, what the hell are you doing here? I've never seen you been critical of anything. Don't get me wrong, you're a nice guy and all, but seriously... what the fuck?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Hm...I liked Dungeons (opposite to the Codex)

Jesus fucking christ J_C, you pre-order Dungeon Siege 3 and now this... on top of everything else, I gotta ask: Is there anything you don't like? Don't get me wrong, you're a nice guy and all, but seriously... what the fuck?
Now Dungeons weren't that bad that it is a sin to like it. And hey, I'm easy to please. :D I can't do anything about this. And of course there are lots of things I don't like.

I've never seen you been critical of anything.
You damn well know that I've been.

In fact, what the hell are you doing here?
I just like you guys. :oops:

Mortmal

Arcane
You liked dungeons ? You even like War Z ? then you MUST buy impire, it will be orgasmic for you .

Hobo Elf

Arcane
So Impire ended up being an RTS with lots of busy work. I was afraid of that as soon as I saw that you could directly control your dudes in some trailers / previews. Was hoping for a dungeon sim, not another RTS with frustrating mechanics that arbitrarily waste your time. I had enough of that in Majesty 2.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Ah but you can't control your units in Majesty 2! I don't know why these games keep mimicking Dungeon Keeper but then disclaim it isn't supposed to be like it... and usually screw it up with a bunch of awful mechanics.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Metro Mortmal
Never played War Z and I don't care about it one bit.

Majesty 2 is shit by the way. What a disappointment after the suberb Majesty 1.

Astral Rag
I played Dungeon Keeper. You on the other hand are retarded. What's the connections between playing DK and liking Dungeons? So, after playing Torment and Fallout, I can't like any RPGs, because they don't reach that level of quality?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Ah but you can't control your units in Majesty 2! I don't know why these games keep mimicking Dungeon Keeper but then disclaim it isn't supposed to be like it... and usually screw it up with a bunch of awful mechanics.

Eh, but you sort of can. It just costs money. The more money you throw at the bounty the more likely someone will go there / attack the monster. It was a good idea but badly implemented. Or just straight up half assed. It felt like the devs weren't sure what direction to take. Is it a sim? Or is it an RTS? Make up your mind! And I was more thinking about the indestructible sewers that pop up around your town and keep spawning rats forever when I was thinking of awful gameplay elements and busy work. The amount of concentrated stupid that went into implementing that idea still gives me headaches.

Multi-headed Cow

The fuck. I agree Majesty 2's a disappointment compared to 1, but going so far as to dub it shit? While liking Dungeons? I just dunno, Matt.

And Hobo Elf breaks my heart.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Majesty 2 had no shortage of flaws but I'd hardly call it 'shit' especially in comparison to Derpgeon Siege 3 and Dungeons.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Of course you must understnad that Majesty is among my favourite games of all time. I never felt more disappointed in a game, than in M2. Objectively, it has good parts, but I just can't stand it. Fuck, I go and fire up Majesty 1 HD now.
Dungeons is not a sequel to Dungeo Keeper, just shares some similarity. And I never cared about Dungeon Siege 1-2, so I didn't feel disapointed in DS3.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
I want to support Obsidian. That's all.

And I'm not saying that DS1-2 are worse than 3, far from it. But back when 1 and 2 came out, there were so much other game that I could play, so I never cared about these games.

Oh, and I reviewed DS3, so I could pre-order it without a second thought, since the magazine payed me the price afterwards. :troll:

Mortmal

Arcane
Metro Mortmal
Never played War Z and I don't care about it one bit.

Astral Rag
I played Dungeon Keeper. You on the other hand are retarded. What's the connections between playing DK and liking Dungeons? So, after playing Torment and Fallout, I can't like any RPGs, because they don't reach that level of quality?

Then dont care about it still WAR Z is a scam, i asked a refund by paypal, luckily it worked. I dont know if desura gives refund, i am tempted to get my money back from impire as well.

Psquit

Arcane
Metro 13 Feb 2013 @ 10:29am
Any game set in Ardania needs Royal Adviser guy! Put him in a DLC. =P Or you can make it up to me by getting on Majesty 3 asap!

anyways the game runs like shit in crappy computers like all the paradox games + the scroll delay is a game killer for me.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Funny enough Warlock runs just fine on my junker XP system even though the game doesn't even technically support XP. And don't insult my desire for Royal Adviser guy DLC!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom