Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

IMDB user review of Oblivion.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Hyperactive five year old said:
plus it's a living breathing world every NPC acts like a real human being(i.e beginning random conversations)

Yes, I've forgotten how many times people on the streets walk up to me and say random things.

Micmu

Magister
I think it's about time to stop making unimportant (like if there is important one) oblivion threads and move on.

The quicker, the better.

Thrawn05

Scholar
micmu said:
I think it's about time to stop making unimportant (like if there is important one) oblivion threads and move on.

The quicker, the better.

Not for a long while still. We still got more premium mods to cry about, not to mention the patch that will not fix anything, and we WILL hear about that here.

Then we got Fallout 3 when Pete is ready to talk about it.

Also, look at most of the threads that deal with games other then OB, they're still rather slow. I was hoping that OB would blow over by now, but as with most people here, like flies drawn to a bug zapper, we can't help but make a few comments in these OB threads.

User was nabbed fit

Buy an Xbox 360 and play this game NOW!!!

Wow. His reasoning has like, you know, totally won me over.

/goes to buy an Xbox 360 & Oblivion

Karl

Novice
I liked the Codex more when Oblivion wasn't all over it.
It's depressing, ugly and degrading like a cumshot; Oblivion's the sperm in the Codex' face.

Please wipe it off.

Svartberg

Ballistic Interactive
Developer
Karl said:
I liked the Codex more when Oblivion wasn't all over it.
It's depressing, ugly and degrading like a cumshot; Oblivion's the sperm in the Codex' face.

Please wipe it off.

Following your metaphore and the huge amount of oblivion threads here, i'd say it's more like a bukkake.

LlamaGod

Cipher
heee, this is fun.

in my honest opinion Elder Scrolls IV is by leaps and bounds the most complete and impressive video gaming experience i have ever enjoyed. the game is quite simply next level brilliant, and will be the game that all future RPGs will/should be weighed against.

GRAPHICS 10/10 - the best i've ever seen on a console by leaps and bounds.
GAMEPLAY 9/10 - smooth and crisp, aside from the odd "loading area" pause.
MECHANICS 10/10 - enemies have realistic movement, colission detection unmatched.
SOUND 10/10 - great voice acting, animals/enemies sound good, great background music
STORY 10/10 - theres just so much there to do, there are quests for everyone.
REPLAY 10/10 - this game defines "replay value" as you can create/do anything.

this game is as close to perfect as i've seen.

i even have some friends who love RPGs, but just not the style of "Oblivion".
some RPGers prefer the more simplistic action style (ala Zelda) or Turn-based types (ala Final Fantasy). for those looking for Japanimation design, Gimmicks, Go here next signs and pre-made characters, "Oblivion" would not be a good fit.

Actually, I never thought of it like that. My friend pointed that out to me, he said, yo, your dude is Darth Sidious. I was like, say what, lol.

I found morrowind to be scary. walking around thinking that the only thing following you is a cliff racer and seeing a huge boar thing, a wolf, a midget and a rat is pretty scary. the dungeons were scary for me, but only because i never had anything to kill spirits with

Yeah... the game could be nerve-racking from time to time, especially in the pretty red corprus-infested dungeons. I wouldn't call it "scary" but I would definitely say my heart rate went up a bit during the more intense confrontations. But that's the beauty of it, isn't it? :)

This game is awesome. The physics and indepth playing style alone are worth the buy. When you shoot someone with an arrow, it actually sticks out of them while they try to fight you, and if you kill them you can take it back.

Last night, I killed a guy in Skingrad (he attacked me as part of one of the side quests, so don't go getting any ideas about me!... heheh) and the finishing blow was a fireball spell shot at his feet. He was blown like ten feet into the air and his burning body came crashing down... dead... heheh. It was awesome! That was worth the $70 I paid right there!

Also, unlike Morrowind (as far as I know, it's been a while since I last played it), you start out with a storyline and immediately have a quest you can go accomplish. That way, you're not just shoved into the game with nothing to do. For RPG nerds, this is ok. We like to explore and figure stuff out for ourself.

Well my favourite RPG's are FFVII, KOTOR and Fable, and this looks to be a much bigger version of Fable, but focuses less on if you are good or evil and more on what you do (assassin, thief, etc), am I right in saying that? I have never played an elder scrolls before (unless you count the 30 seconds I played oblivion in 'Game' yesterday), but it looks pretty sweet! I do like the fact its not turn-based combat, i'm not a huge fan of that!

It's just too easy to make fun of this shit.

I wish I could find the one post where the guy is talking about the game being the most innovated game ever made because it has stuff like NPCs talking to each other in the streets and he's never seen anything like that in a videogame before.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
It's IMDB, man. What do you expect? It's a wonder they don't kill themselves using a computer through some bizarre, stupidity-induced freak accident.

LlamaGod

Cipher
I just really enjoyed the first quote with the review that mentions only technical aspects of the game, even in the GAMEPLAY section. Apparently GAMEPLAY now means how easy it is to use the controller and what not.

Nael

Arcane
LlamaGod said:
not LlamaGod said:
]Well my favourite RPG's are FFVII, KOTOR and Fable, and this looks to be a much bigger version of Fable, but focuses less on if you are good or evil and more on what you do (assassin, thief, etc), am I right in saying that? I have never played an elder scrolls before (unless you count the 30 seconds I played oblivion in 'Game' yesterday), but it looks pretty sweet! I do like the fact its not turn-based combat, i'm not a huge fan of that!

If I worked at Bethsoft and I read this quote I would probably take a hot shower, slit my wrists, eat a cyanide capsule, and make my way to the nearest confessional booth.

Either way I still feel like doing that... How odd.

LlamaGod

Cipher
The 'We like to explore and find things on our own' quote is pretty fun too. THATS WHY THERES A QUEST COMPASS AND QUICK TRAVEL, RITE?

I bet the jackass has never even played Ultima 4.

LlamaGod

Cipher
So he didnt think highly of it and the gameplay was mediocre, but because it has nice music and pretty pictures that makes it an above average to great game?

Review scores are fucking stupid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom