Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I'm pretty impressed by Mass Effct

MetalCraze

Arcane
Kron said:
"Satisfying combat" in Ass Effect + Misspelled thread name= Troll or Decline?

You pick!

TWD just has no taste and standards that is all.

bhlaab

Erudite
RK47 said:
Combat needs work, but sequel claims they have hitboxes now, so head shots are more lethal. That's nice.

Dialogue also are too damn long winded. They're poor at pacing it. Baldur's Gate 2 had some decent party member banter going on. And when you had them for a time in the party, they start opening up more to you, but in Mass Effect while you're out there they just give a bunch of one liners. But once you return to the Normandy they vomit out 3-5 paragraphs of their life story and told you to wait a until another planet is complete before giving more.

If anything, the sequel holds a lot of promise. But I wish they stop hyping the plot devices so much. 'Not a temporary death for Shepard' is just indication of how stupid the majority of your audience for you to explain how 'death' works. No kidding? Aeris can't be resurrected? WTF? No WAI!

Yeah, but why would I want to play the sequel if I didn't finish the first one.

bhlaab

Erudite
Gnidrologist said:
So, ME is pretty good FPS. Is it as good as Half Life 2 or Doom 3?

The shooting gameplay is about as good as kane and lynch

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
so...i'm pretty impressed by rice.

also: ban bhlaab for double-post and asian prostitution ring.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
WhiskeyWolf said:
633584945109156823-trolling.jpg

That fake head is hilarious.

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Yeah it was fine. I actually preferred JE in comparison. ME was a little flat at times. Enjoyed the music though +1

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I could not finish it.

It starts kind of interesting and then it turns into pop and it becomes mind-numbing.

Imbecile

Arbiter
I thought it was decent enough, though hardly stellar. Planet exploration is godawful, and theres no much variety in terms of powers or weaponry.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"ME is a crappy 3rd person shooter."

ME is an awesome Action RPG.

jazzotron

Liturgist
Barrow_Bug said:
Yeah it was fine. I actually preferred JE in comparison. ME was a little flat at times. Enjoyed the music though +1

Indeed. Best part of the game was the credits, and even then it was only because of Faunts' song "M4 Part 2".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom