Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I'll just leave this here

Drakron

Arcane
kingarthurri3.jpg

Drakron

Arcane
Hardly, its aimed at Type-Moon fans that make it very commercial viable in Japan but not outside it due to ... well ... anyone played Fate/Stay Night in English?

There is Fate/Tiger Coliseum for the PSP that come out last year and did well.

Drakron

Arcane
It was just for size comparison, I do not have King Arthur on the base and even bases tend to be transparent and you REALLY do not need to see how my table looks like.

kingarturandmaipn8.jpg

Both same scale, 1/6.

The ruler is kinda screwed up because of the angle, King Arthur is just roughly about 25 cm.

Chefe

Erudite
Where did you get the Mai figure?

I... um... am just wondering so I know which site to... uh, avoid... right.

Drakron

Arcane
Matt7895 said:

Years ago people said the same about people that played video games.

Its a hobby, a relatively expensive hobby (at least its not as expensive as model train sets) for many people, I collect then because I like then ... in essence is no worst that collecting stamps or things like that.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
And, collecting stamps is dumb too unless yous eell them for lots of money. And, if you buy them for lots of money, it's dumber than just collecting.

P.S. Those babes are HOT!

Korgan

Arbiter
Matt7895 said:
HD said:
Narrative Stasis

A concept central to moe that hasn’t been touched on yet here (though Akamatsu addresses it) is the notion of narrative stasis, or the “happily ever after” syndrome. The desire for moments of perfection to be frozen in time and memorialized is a common theme in moe narratives, especially renai games; the heroines often express the sentiment “I like you just as you are, and I want us to stay this way forever.” While the narrative may continue past that point of perfect bliss, narrative stasis is accomplished through the basic mechanism of static archival images.

Thus, I think it can be argued that moe in its purest form is distilled in these carefully composed one-shot images designed to capture a moment of perfect symbolism in whatever idiom it is representing. From the “sad girl in snow” to a flash of panties in mid-fall as a waitress stumbles and drops her tray, stasis as opposed to evolution, progress or improvement reigns supreme in the moe narrative.

This is part and parcel with the notion of moe as reinforcing a mythical status quo in which the moerer / viewer / player is not forced to acknowledge his shortcomings (much less the ones that may or may not have caused him to turn to this particular form of entertainment in the first place). Instead, he is accepted “as he is” by the heroine, and moments of happiness with her are preserved until time immortal with no fear of aging or falling out of love. This, I believe, is one of the central attractions of moe.
http://heiseidemocracy.com/2005/12/07/the-moe-image/
Indeed.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Drakron said:
Matt7895 said:

Years ago people said the same about people that played video games.

Its a hobby, a relatively expensive hobby (at least its not as expensive as model train sets) for many people, I collect then because I like then ... in essence is no worst that collecting stamps or things like that.
I'm with you with all my heart and soul.

Drakron

Arcane
MaskedMan said:
I don't get it, is that chick's name King Arthur ?

Sort off ... her name is Arturia Pendragon,the daughter of Uther Pendragon and Igraine so she IS King Arthur.

In the game she is known as Saber because its the type of servant she is, there are other names from mythology and history as servants ... Lancer=Cúchulainn, Berserker=Hercules, Rider=Medusa,Archer=Gilgamesh, Caster=Medea ... some are easy to guess (Saber have Excalibur ... really hard to connect the dots), others (Archer) make no effort to conceal their true identity with some being hard to spot (I think Assassin true identity is still somewhat of a mystery)

if you ask what servants are ... well they are summoned spiritual familiars who are the reincarnations of legendary souls from across time (and they are not joking about the "across time") by sorcerers for something called the Grail War, that kinda of a battle royale to summon the Grail were the last one (servant) standing wins.

Honestly I never played it (not translated, well not fully translated) and never watched the anime (tried to watch Tsukihime anime that is the adaptation of other of Type-Moon works and it put me to sleep, they managed to make a anime about a guy that could destroy the existence of anything by just cutting it and vampires BORING) but the doujin that come out about Fate/Stay Night can be pretty funny.

Jason

chasing a bee
I'll just leave this here...
5pb. has announced KimokawaE!, a new game for the DS where you have to discipline girls from the underworld so as to help them adapt to life in the human world. And they will carry out various actions and if they do it right, you can pet them on the head, but if they do it wrong, you have to spank them.

The girls from the underworld include cerberus, a ghoul, the god of poverty, and an angel.

There will also be various fun mini-games which you have to complete in order to help these girls adapt to life in the human world. Such as having to bathe the god of poverty and clean her body in such a way that she feels really good so she will learn to like taking baths.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom